It Galz #15 RedRoom Subscriber Drop, Will Lipstick Lessons be a Flop?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think L was correct in this assumption that she would get by because people liked her more.
People did like L more than J, but no one would ever have gotten the opportunity to like L if J wasn't around.

J was clearly the brains and logistics behind the operation. There is always a more popular member of any duo, and that is L in this case, but a lot of the reasons people liked her more are the reasons things didn’t work out for her continuing ItGalz - being messy, silly, relatable, procrastinaty, wild etc. I remember going to their first ever live show (which was such a mess, I brought a friend who didn’t listen to the pod and she asked me half way through why I had brought her to an ego massaging session for the galz on stage lol) and even then thinking that there would be no order in the show if J wasn’t keeping them on track.

It must be really hard for L to see how much mainstream success J is having, especially as they positioned themselves as being an alternative to the mainstream area of content for so long. Seeing her win awards and be nominated for awards, leveraging connections that would have been both of theirs in the past but J would have more of a direct line to via Evan (for example, J being nominated for this Stellar award when her fiancé works for the magazine, slight conflict/overlap of interest there IMO)

J is absolutely playing the game, you can tell she has a business strategy that she is going to use to elevate RR into something big and probably something that eventually will get her out of podcasting and into her own radio show or presenting work, whereas L is falling behind, doesn’t seem to have a plan and is always just coasting by on the idea that people like her for her personality and her 'it-factor.' J might not have that it factor but she is savvy and hardworking, and at the end of the day that's going to be more likeable and valuable in the long run.[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think L was correct in this assumption that she would get by because people liked her more.
People did like L more than J, but no one would ever have gotten the opportunity to like L if J wasn't around.

J was clearly the brains and logistics behind the operation. There is always a more popular member of any duo, and that is L in this case, but a lot of the reasons people liked her more are the reasons things didn’t work out for her continuing ItGalz - being messy, silly, relatable, procrastinaty, wild etc. I remember going to their first ever live show (which was such a mess, I brought a friend who didn’t listen to the pod and she asked me half way through why I had brought her to an ego massaging session for the galz on stage lol) and even then thinking that there would be no order in the show if J wasn’t keeping them on track.

It must be really hard for L to see how much mainstream success J is having, especially as they positioned themselves as being an alternative to the mainstream area of content for so long. Seeing her win awards and be nominated for awards, leveraging connections that would have been both of theirs in the past but J would have more of a direct line to via Evan (for example, J being nominated for this Stellar award when her fiancé works for the magazine, slight conflict/overlap of interest there IMO)

J is absolutely playing the game, you can tell she has a business strategy that she is going to use to elevate RR into something big and probably something that eventually will get her out of podcasting and into her own radio show or presenting work, whereas L is falling behind, doesn’t seem to have a plan and is always just coasting by on the idea that people like her for her personality and her 'it-factor.' J might not have that it factor but she is savvy and hardworking, and at the end of the day that's going to be more likeable and valuable in the long run.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I completely agree. I frankly find Lindsay a zillion times more charismatic and funny than Jenny but she is pretty disorganised. Red Room is so dry and I don’t even find Jenny’s vlogs interesting anymore. I think success often has more to do with persistence and playing the game than quality of content and personality - so many of the huge influencers are pretty boring and don’t make interesting cintent but are consistent. It’s frustrating for me seeing Lindsay being a bit scattered with how she promotes the podcast and some of the material she puts out because she has such an entertaining personality and I don’t think it’s her personality that puts people off potentially subscribing to the pod.

Reactions: 7
Tbh I’d resubscribe to RR if she did a tell all. Lol the only reason I’m still paying for LL is for the occasional gossip and to follow this prolonged ItGalz drama. If either girl wants to make money off a tell all go for it—I’m first in line 🤣

Never subbed to RR but I absolutely would if she did a tell all hahaha

Yeah I completely agree. I frankly find Lindsay a zillion times more charismatic and funny than Jenny but she is pretty disorganised. Red Room is so dry and I don’t even find Jenny’s vlogs interesting anymore. I think success often has more to do with persistence and playing the game than quality of content and personality - so many of the huge influencers are pretty boring and don’t make interesting cintent but are consistent. It’s frustrating for me seeing Lindsay being a bit scattered with how she promotes the podcast and some of the material she puts out because she has such an entertaining personality and I don’t think it’s her personality that puts people off potentially subscribing to the pod.
[/QUOTE]
This x100, J will play the boring yet trying to be alt influencer girl to gain more mainstream success. I respect L for not doing that and sticking to herself but at the same time I wonder if she is secretly raging she didn't do that during it galz and gain more mainstream traction. I always got the impression J wanted to be in that lifestyle more than L did. Also never had any desire to attend their lives shows I'd say they were major ego massaging sessions for the girls and both of them very much so absolutely adored themselves during that time as well

I never thought I'd say this but I love the episodes with shauna. J could never ever have even faked an interest in shauna if she tried, she's way too upper class IMO. It's good that L has the ability to sit and talk to anyone and people from all walks of life

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Shoutout to Shauna on the new LL for describing someone as ‘the ‘epiphany’ of Love Island’. No brain cells, just vibes!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

J is absolutely playing the game, you can tell she has a business strategy that she is going to use to elevate RR into something big and probably something that eventually will get her out of podcasting and into her own radio show or presenting work, whereas L is falling behind, doesn’t seem to have a plan and is always just coasting by on the idea that people like her for her personality and her 'it-factor.' J might not have that it factor but she is savvy and hardworking, and at the end of the day that's going to be more likeable and valuable in the long run.
[/QUOTE]
I get that J has talent in the business side of things, a marketing mind if you will, there’s no denying it but christ she’s boring

• Haha
Reactions: 5
J try’s so hard to keep up with the influencer crew. State of that outfit, who are they trying to impress 😅

Shauna is pure gold I pissed myself laughing at that episode. When she said she practically has the coil in after going for the consultation 😂

• Haha
Jenny has no style. She gets it wrong more than right. When it's right it seems to be a fluke.

Remember the weird gloves outfit 😹.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She looked good I thought, the dress is tacky looking but they were obviously going for the 'rock star's girlfriend, just tumbled out of a chic little cocktail bar in NYC vibe.' Certainly far from the worst dressed there, anyway. I would expect more from a look done properly by a stylist. Would L & J would have put her on the 'tit gal' list? hahaha

She looked good I thought, the dress is tacky looking but they were obviously going for the 'rock star's girlfriend, just tumbled out of a chic little cocktail bar in NYC vibe.' Certainly far from the worst dressed there, anyway. I would expect more from a look done properly by a stylist. Would L & J would have put her on the 'tit gal' list? hahaha
I get you, I feel like the dress was just aaaalmost there. I could see what she wanted to happen, I think the posing is actually what sent it sideways for me.

Would have done different shoes too

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.