It Galz #15 RedRoom Subscriber Drop, Will Lipstick Lessons be a Flop?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been listening to loads of old It Galz recently and I think Jenny lies a lot in general. She when talking about her ex boyfriend when they were together says that they’ve been together for 6 years and then says that they had a very on-off relationship after they split up to paint herself in a good light. Also told some bizarre story once about her doing drugs when she was 15 and goes onto talk about how her parents wouldn’t of minded if they found out. Very awkward story because you can tell Lindsay doesn’t remotely believe her. She always given off such bullshitter to make herself look cooler/better vibes.
Jenny gives major "I shifted someone on holidays I swear" vibes haha.

She puts people down who she wants to be. The instagram basic influencer for example. Hated them until she was one.
Even with itgalz and their lack of media attention, she used to give it the "duck the Irish media" line all the time. Hated it until she was apart of it.

She's just that kinda gal IMO.

Reactions: 8
A bit dramatic but I actually found that glow up episode with Jenny depressing- it was like confirmation to me that she’s completely changed from the Jenny we loved from it galz. And of course, before anyone comes for me- I get it, people can change. To me though, it is selling out a bit. I understand her income won’t be anything like it once was with it Galz so she might see the blogger route as an easy income- but it’s depressing when it’s so the opposite of what got her her followers to begin with.

Maybe fashion beauty and some romance 😂 didn’t think it would be for me but she actually is interviewing really well
No not for me. My granda tells all those stories from the flats and it’s hard to be interested in that!
It is like meeting someone at a bus stop and you can’t get away from them 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Good description 😂 😂 😂

L got really good feedback when she did the episode with her mum's friend Anna. So I'm guessing that why she got this guy on.
Yes it’s good and all in it’s own way but it’s not lipstick lessons…
It’s like “everywhere you go” podcast if anyone interested in these stories

Reactions: 5
I like that she's got a pastor on after having Hope on, who is so open with her sex work and sexuality. But I see it nowhere on her social media. How does she expect numbers to grow? She could easily do a 'Saint and Sinner' series now (tongue in cheek obvs), and speak to women who were forced to give their babies up in the Laundries (although I think that topic could be too heavy for her), women who were born in the Laundries, women who have had abortions and regretted it, women who have had abortions and stood by their decision. Basically explore the polarising stigma of religion in Ireland.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes it’s good and all in it’s own way but it’s not lipstick lessons…
It’s like “everywhere you go” podcast if anyone interested in these stories
I agree - I prefer the episodes with Chloe, Pete, even Shauna etc.
This is a bit too heavy, and kinda random.

On the Patreon About section it says - LL is 'where we talk about fashion, beauty and sometimes romance'...from the latest fashion trends and beauty secrets to celebrity gossip'

...and also life in the flats in the 1970's and religion apparently.

• Haha
I actually love her interviewing these random people but maybe it’s just me who would like her to just stick to women? More on brand as well

Haven't listened to the latest LL co it wouldn't play for me.

J Paris vlog gave me the serious ick, I found myself wondering how Evan sticks her and I used to be such a J stan, especially after the gals split. She's nothing at all like her former self, which she has no obligation to be but she's surely alienating all her old fans?

Reactions: 2

J Paris vlog gave me the serious ick, I found myself wondering how Evan sticks her and I used to be such a J stan, especially after the gals split. She's nothing at all like her former self, which she has no obligation to be but she's surely alienating all her old fans?
She only seems happier to me! What am I missing 😅

Reactions: 2

Yeah, she just comes across as quite shallow? Everything she does just feels so forced, so posed, so curated. I just don't get what vibe she is going for/who she is appealing to but maybe I don't get it because I'm not her target audience.

Reactions: 11
Yeah she was taking on the feedback from here in fairness with getting him on. She must be finding it hard to get a new guest every week. Enjoy her doing a mix of heavier topics with lighthearted stuff, would be surprised if many of her listeners are religious though.

J has started giving me the same vibe I get from Tarmarz, just really try-hard and acting like they're both the first people to ever live in NYC/visit Paris/like conspiracy theories. It's all just them trying to seem like quirky cool-girls when really they're just like everyone else on tik-tok or whatever app they're getting their personalities from. I used to have a lot of time for Jenny but definitely feeling a shift as of late.

Reactions: 11
J has started giving me the same vibe I get from Tarmarz, just really try-hard and acting like they're both the first people to ever live in NYC/visit Paris/like conspiracy theories. It's all just them trying to seem like quirky cool-girls when really they're just like everyone else on tik-tok or whatever app they're getting their personalities from. I used to have a lot of time for Jenny but definitely feeling a shift as of late.
Tarmarz is a dose, I find her so irritating

Reactions: 6
What did we think of todays ep?! I know L prob bet into this thread for feedback!

I enjoyed her alone and casual chatty loosey goosey style even if it was full of a million contradictions etc - that’s L and why we love her!
Her church sounds so disturbing and I can’t understand why she often seems to be dipping toes back in?!?

Sad to hear she can’t post on her socials etc as she always seemed to get such a buzz!!!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.