Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BBC VERIFY posted this. I think it’s interesting BIB how they call Israeli under 18s hostages “children” but call Palestinian under 18s hostages “teenagers” They also call the Palestinian child hostages “prisoners”. The BBC don’t seem to understand how words change the perception of the reader…or they do!!!

Analysing the list of Palestinian prisoners set to be freed
BBC Verify’s data team has been examining a list issued by the Israeli authorities which gives details of 300 Palestinian prisoners - half of whom are expected to be released as part of deal that includes a four-day humanitarian pause in fighting.
Under the terms of the agreement, Hamas would initially release 50 Israeli women and children held hostage in Gaza in exchange for 150 prisoners - Palestinian teenagers as well as adult women - held in Israeli jails.
Our analysis of the data shows that:
  • 267 (89%) of those on the list of Palestinians are male
  • 121 (40%) are aged under 18
  • 203 (68%) were arrested between 1 January and 5 October 2023. None of the males is older than 19 - all those 20 and over are female
  • The remaining 97 (32%) were arrested before 1 January 2023. None of the people on the list were arrested after Hamas attacked Israel on 7 October
We are working to accurately translate text in the document which contains additional information about each detainee, including the nature of their alleged offences and sentences.
---
  • 267 (89%) of those on the list of Palestinians are male
  • 121 (40%) are aged under 18
  • 203 (68%) were arrested between 1 January and 5 October 2023. None of the males is older than 19 - all those 20 and over are female
  • The remaining 97 (32%) were arrested before 1 January 2023. None of the people on the list were arrested after Hamas attacked Israel on 7 October
Sorry back on this and how it’s been worded!

Point 1 is that the list of 300 is predominantly male

Point 2 that less than half are under 18

Point 3 % of when the 300 were arrested, but goes on to state that none of the males are older than 19 but all females are 20 & over. Does this mean none of the 267 males mentioned in point 1 top are older than 19 or does it mean that of the 203 arrested in Point 3 are older than 19? If it means the former then why not mention that figure in point 1 if it’s the latter then why aren’t they making a breakdown of ages in Point 4 which describes the number arrested pre Jan 23?

What these figures are suggesting to me is that whilst less than half of the 300 are under 18 there are a considerable number of 19 year olds, ones that can’t be called “children”. What I want to know is, how many of these 19 year old males were 18 or under when they were arrested? We know that kids have sat languishing in administrative detention for years. I want more details!!! Sorry for my 😡 I just hate this obvious spin!!!!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 12

Lovely Ayelet again, who has said on record already that Palestinian children and mothers should be killed.

Some very long reads but worth if it you’re interested in the American politics side of things. The more I think about it the more unconvinced I am that that guy who attacked the Muslim cart vendor in New York would be someone Obama would particularly want around, but I’m sure Biden would have been, given his iron clad ties to Zioniem and being the largest recipient of funds from them

IMG_1752.jpeg

---
And from another site:

IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1750.jpeg

IMG_1751.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Back again with some more BBC VERIFY - this time for Israel

Just look at the difference- prose rather than bullet points for starters

Thirty-nine of the hostages identified are 18 years old or younger. A baby boy called Kfir Bib, who is less than a year old, is believed to be the youngest.

We also have the names of 56 female hostages aged 19 or over. The oldest is an 85-year-old grandmother called Yafa Adar.

How it would have been written if these hostages were Palestinian

- Over 200 were detained on 7/10

- less than 19.5% of those taken were children

- 55 of those taken are female over 19 years old one of which is 85 years old

Reactions: 11
Last edited:
Does anyone know if all the hostages the terrorists are holding are Jewish or are some of different faiths?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know if all the hostages the terrorists are holding are Jewish or are some of different faiths?
I understand that there are some farm workers from Thailand in the captives, I’d wager they’d be Buddhist but that information hasn’t been released. They could be Jewish, but I don’t think they are Israeli citizens I get the impression they were shipped in labour

Reactions: 7
I understand that there are some farm workers from Thailand in the captives, I’d wager they’d be Buddhist but that information hasn’t been released. They could be Jewish, but I don’t think they are Israeli citizens I get the impression they were shipped in labour
Yes that’s a good point, I believe the lady who gave birth is Thai. I was wondering if they had any Christians or Muslims but unwound imagine the main bulk of the hostages would be Jewish.

Reactions: 2
Here's some information on hostages from Asian countries as well as links to the conditions and treatment they've been subjected to in Israel.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Here's some information on hostages from Asian countries as well as links to the conditions and treatment they've been subjected to in Israel.
When I said “shipped in labour” I was being polite and really wanted to write slave labour.

They would have all been killed by Israeli forces in their random attacks. I don’t believe Hamas wouldn’t have targeted farm workers. They are probably the people who were burned alive by the IDF

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The Americans are going to spend Thanksgiving weekend worrying about ~terrorists~ invading them from Canada or whatever so now we know what the CIA and Mossad were doing I guess

Yes that’s a good point, I believe the lady who gave birth is Thai. I was wondering if they had any Christians or Muslims but unwound imagine the main bulk of the hostages would be Jewish.
Lady who gave birth? I don’t imagine Hamas had the time to ask pertinent questions about people’s religion. I’m still convinced that their MO was to grab and take as many hostages as possible and not to kill citizens. I’m still convinced that Isreal was responsible for many many of those civilians deaths. Small leaks are coming out of this but over time the truth will come out. Hopefully off Hamas body cameras.

Last edited:
Absolutely terrifying fascist press conference from Israel on the BBC but it keeps cutting to more reasonable voices which just makes them seem all the madder. More Palestinian interviewees please.

So apparently...

(honestly, Netanyahoo can just get fvcked! What a tosser treating his own people like that too).

And about the Palestinian hostages (or detainees as Israel links to call them, even if they're 2 years old): This whole thread is very very interesting..

you've also got this happening right now..

and one of the most heinous things I've read about is the post from a few threads back where it was reported that the IDF rapes and sexually abuses Palestinian 'detainees' including men, women and children - & knowing this, it's especially worrying to see this too...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Apparently in the Netherlands, the "anti-EU far-right populist who plans to halt all immigration", is about to be voted in.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I think this is a reasonable quick summary of the immediate consequences of the current 'war' on israel

Apparently in the Netherlands, the "anti-EU far-right populist who plans to halt all immigration", is about to be voted in.
I remember my disbelief at seeing the 🤡 state of him 20 odd years ago before fascism worldwide got the bufoon styling.

Reactions: 6
And Switzerland is just about to enact some hole anti Palestinian law. Switzerland, the place that hid all the Natzi fortunes they stole from the Jews. The far right are taking over Europe, this is not going to end well for many. I guess Israel’s current Government could get on board with it though. 😏

• Angry
The Israeli government is so narcissist they probably thought they would walk in and take the hostages if they even wanted them. Hamas has made life tricky for them and some sources have said that the IDF has taken heavier losses than they’ve let on. The Israeli military is good at bombing civilians but to beat Hamas they have to engage in guerrilla warfare and get in the tunnels and slog it out and against men they’re not so great because all the tunnels shown have been caveated with the worlds we haven’t been able to get into it yet.

Reactions: 6
Just reflecting today on how these events have hardened my views of Israel / Palestine.

I've always been pro Palestinian due to my background and upbringing but in recent years just due to my own personal situation I was very open to Israel and would have defended it as a state / concept in conversation, taking a more centrist, (and what I now see as) wishy washy view as I thought that was the path of lasting peace in the region.

That's finished now. Hell will freeze over before I will ever defend Israel again. Not that what I do matters but I just found it interesting and I wonder how many people have changed their views in this way. I would say it is a lot. Our eyes are open to the horror.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.