Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Palestinians never had a chance. The US was the 'honest broker' for the 'Two State Solution.' And these were their senior politicians.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can't believe this twit was also the US Humanitarian diplomacy senior consultant

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I'm still shellshocked about what has happened the last number of weeks. I am grateful for the ceasefire but it is also hard to be overly relieved considering what has occurred and for how long.

I just feel like the west really needs to break the hold the US has over it. The EU needs to start discreetly severing ties... if they didn't have such a hold I think this ceasefire would have happened weeks ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It may be the cynic in me (and I hope I’m wrong), but I think the ceasefire is for optics and pressure behind the scenes from the U.S. I think it will be business as usual for the Israeli government immediately after.

Speaking to my mother about how some of her Palestinian friends are doing, and have friends and family over there, they apparently have stopped listening to any news as they were getting physically affected by it all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Haven’t commented on here before but I have been reading on and off when I can.
Thank you to so many of you for your far more educated comments and explanations on the history of this.
I have spent time finding out more of how all of this has built up over the last 7 decades to reach this point. My eyes have been opened and I have felt so dumb for listening to the media but now I know better than to blindly trust!
Absolutely horrified by the pictures and videos I see from journalists in Gaza on instagram. There are images that will stay with me forever and I feel so helpless when I see the destruction of homes, entire families, neighbourhoods and the creation of a generation of orphans.
Israel comes across as a spoilt child who has been given all the toys they want, but now they want more and don’t care who they bully and destroy to get it. They are committing numerous war crimes with the world just watching on. It’s all just so bleeping horrific.
I know we all (well a vast majority of us) want a ceasefire and for the UK government to demand one (and your own governments if you are not UK) but if the UK demanded one, then what would happen if Israel ignored that? Would there be repercussions if they ignored calls for a ceasefire from western governments?
Welcome 🤗 you’re right they are a spoiled brat and a big bully an aggressor that the Palestinian could never hit back because the bully had bigger and stronger friends that have always helped the bully beat the Palestinian up over and over again. The Palestinian tried to tell the authorities about their plight because it became unbearable the bully silenced the Palestinian with threats and beatings and murder but one day the Palestinian couldn’t take it anymore and fought back and hit the bully hard the bully ran to all his powerful friends and they beat the Palestinian and their family and friends and all the neighbours killing thousands while the bully’s friends provided cover and weapons so they could destroy the Palestinian without anyone knowing the true story.
The age old tale of the bully and their victim but one day a new friend named TikTok came to town and showed the people the other side and people started to see the truth the end 🤗

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm still shellshocked about what has happened the last number of weeks. I am grateful for the ceasefire but it is also hard to be overly relieved considering what has occurred and for how long.

I just feel like the west really needs to break the hold the US has over it. The EU needs to start discreetly severing ties... if they didn't have such a hold I think this ceasefire would have happened weeks ago.
It doesn't help when people wanting a ceasefire get jumped on or sacked.
Even if your Susan Sarandon you can lose your job.

I thought the US had freedom of speech in their constitution.

Any protests supporting a ceasefire or the Palestinian people have been arrested as well.

I am still seething from Biden going to Israel to speak about oil (even though I knew it was part of the US equation) instead of telling Netanyahu that the Palestinian people deserve a state of their own.
Not treated like cattle for organs and scientific testing (now where do I remember that from).

Do we know why Israel and Palestine didn't agree to the previous two state boundaries. Was it over Bethlehem, Jerusalem or did one/both parties not want the other there.

We'll see if the ceasefire lasts. Will that be when Biden is in Israel.

Too bad Netanyahu and co can't be dragged in front of the old War Crimes Tribunal.
Remember when there used to be people that tracked them down and take them to the Hague.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The hate in his heart is terrifying. As is the fact he was apparently a National security advisor.

he would have been wearing those squeezy sauces I’d have been squeezing them two at a time ooo look I’m a terrorist squirt squirt straight over his racist face, laugh at that you piece of 💩

Reactions: 6
Good news for the temporary ceasefire - it might help to put pressure on Israel - and Hamas for a real ceasefire. At least, that's my hope. It also destroys the Israeli state argument that they don't negociate with terrorists as they just did.

A french humorist - Guillaume Meurice - has been interpelled and audited by the police because he did a (bad) joke on Netanyahu, saying that he's some kind of Nazi without foreskin. As France defended so strongly the right of free speech - especially with the murders of the cartoonists of Charlie hebdo in 2015 after they mocked the prophet, it's another proof of hypocrisy and double standard. In Germany, the situation is even worse where events celebrating Palestinian artists have been cancelled and many defenders of a free Palestine - Jewish included - have faced a lot of issues. Many German medias are spouting Israeli propaganda without any checks and frame the events of the last 7 weeks in a way to minimize to the maximum any compassion towards the Palestinian victims of the ongoing ethnic cleansing. It's revolting.

Good to see that South Africa has called for an investigation by the ICC on Netanyahu. It's a shame though they were not on the same board when it was about Putin (abduction of Ukrainian kids, massacres and torture on civilians and soldiers...) or the Sudan dictator Omar al-Bashir (they even threatened to leave the ICC).

The whole situation makes more and more cynical by the day. Most governments - if all - seem to only respond to atrocities happening in the world according to their geopolitical interests and allies. Nevertheless, we - mere citizens - should show a more moral compass and keep on to put pressure on states suddenly forgetting human rights when it becomes a liability. It weakens any efforts to have a global system preventing states to commit atrocities on their own citizens or citizens of other countries.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Do we know why Israel and Palestine didn't agree to the previous two state boundaries. Was it over Bethlehem, Jerusalem or did one/both parties not want the other there.

most likely because they weren't offered an actually continuous piece of land but instead cantonments surrounded by Israeli military and settlements. It validated the land theft by settlers in the West Bank.

A063F76F-F7C2-48CD-A3F7-D86FB4DC1D08.jpeg

1011A20C-8970-4B27-B45D-5A4A42AEDFD7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Weeping 💔. All because they were born in Gaza.

I feel the same way some of you have mentioned. It feels hopeless, tragic, evil.

I’m grateful there are people on this forum and other platforms that keep spreading the message. It’s all we can do

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The lack of attention given to Palestinan hostages held by Israel is... something.

Even from the pro Palestine crowd, I haven't heard anything. Was it common knowledge that Israel was holding Palestinians hostage?

I assumed so because that's how wars go, but never saw anything about it.

Apparently there are 150 women and children.

Just highlights how skewed the coverage has been. Even the ceasefire support from people who want to see no more Palestinian lives lost didn't seem to consider that hostages on that side may also need releasing.

It's mostly been calling for a ceasefire to minimise the loss of Palestinan lives and to release Israeli hostage (as well as protect them from harm/death).

Reactions: 16
The lack of attention given to Palestinan hostages held by Israel is... something.

Even from the pro Palestine crowd, I haven't heard anything. Was it common knowledge that Israel was holding Palestinians hostage?

Just highlights how skewed the coverage has been. Even the ceasefire support from people who want to see no more Palestinian lives lost didn't seem to consider that hostages on that side may also need releasing.

It's mostly been calling for a ceasefire to minimise the loss of Palestinan lives and to release Israeli hostage (as well as protect them from harm/death).

Israel is holding more than 150 Palestinian hostages, that is just the agreed figure to swap.

It is the reason why Hamas took Israeli hostages, to swap for their own. It is also the reason the IDF slaughtered their own people rather than allow them to be taken hostage, they did not want to release the Palestinians they are holding.

That is what this has always been about.

Reactions: 14
bloody hell, this POS carries on the abuse and threats even after that disgusting initial threat!! This freak came back the next day and brought some crappy israel props with him to make some more abusive and nasty comments! These people are some real inhumane fucktards!

he's deranged!! At one time this prick used advise Obama on Palestinian policy! Can you imagine what he was doing behind closed doors to the palestinians??
It is terrifying that these people walk amongst us.

Reactions: 8

You may not have heard the term “hostages” but you will have heard the term “detainees”. Israel, for years, has taken Palestinians, including thousands of women and children for no real reason but for as little as throwing stones and put them in, what they call, “administrative detention”, this means they can hold them, without charge, indefinitely. There are currently over 7000 Palestinians kept in this state of limbo. Those that are charged are put in front of a military court (a different system from Isreali citizens, so apartheid right there) who have a 97% conviction rate. There are children who have been convicted of throwing stones who get up to 20 years in prison. So the reality is that other than the 2.3m hostages kept in the gazan borders, there are thousands of Palestinians held without charge, so essentially hostages. Quite often these people are family members of a Palestinian fighter, they are routinely taken with the message that the fighter, or person they want, must hand themselves in if they want their family members releasing.

Once you know this stuff, it gives you some understanding of why there’s resistance, the Israelis have been doing this in plain view of the whole world for decades with zero condemnation or consequences. It makes me furious but I see a slither of hope that so many people are learning about it and waking up to the vicious, draconian system the Palestinians have to endure. This war, whilst devastating for the amount of lives and destruction, may be the beacon of light that needed shining on the Palestinians plight.

Just last night the Israelis took about 30 people captive. Like yeah while they were agreeing to release 150 captives they’re filling their coffers with more! It’s fkng disgusting 🤮

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
And this is how Zionists like him get away with it

Can you imagine if it was a middle eastern guy saying stuff like that to someone like him?? He'd be absolutely annihilated by the authorities

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Who has any faith that the Israeli's will keep to this deal? I pray I am wrong. They haven't kept their wors so far.
Yeah I’m really worried about this. I think the Isrealis will do some sneaky tit and then frame it that Hamas broke the ceasefire so all bets are off and they’ll go on 10 times harder.

I haven’t heard it but are there independent arbitrators being put in place during this truce? We really need the UN, a US and Arab military presence and full access to the world’s press, to ensure that there cannot be any shinanigans. I find the “6 hours” of no drones dodgy af. It should be no drones at all for the entire time!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.