Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I meant to add that a caller on LBC today said that it wasn’t “genocide” because the attack was on Hamas. He seemed to conveniently ignore the fact that it is mainly innocent Palestinian civilians being killed and maimed. This debate needs to be held in the main stream media so that claims like this can be discredited.
Agreed another point of interest is the guests that piers Morgan invites to debate the Palestinian issues they are for the most part Ill equipped to debate him properly there are a few decent points made but for the most part I’m left thinking oh wow say this or that but they don’t and they lack factual and compelling rebuttals and it’s so annoying because for anyone that’s followed events long term there is a plethora of indisputable facts. I would like to see him debate someone like Norman Finkelstein who would literally destroy piers Morgan and certainly he would never dare debate someone with actual knowledge on the subject. I watched a bit of the Tate debate and by his own admission he had little to no knowledge so how can there be a viable discussion it’s like me debating physics with Stephen Hawking sure I did a little physics in school but come on debating someone of knowledge would be so humbling 🤣 piers is making a fortune off this and he acts so self righteous as in look at me I’ve had more pro Palestinians on my show than anyone else erm quality over quantity piers bring people like Finkelstein on and give him space and then I will applaud 👏 you until then it’s a joke.
ETA I bet his first point of contact wouldn’t be but do you condemn Hamas to Norman Finkelstein he wouldn’t have the guts but it’s okay to make every interview about that when debating innocent Muslim guests 😡😡

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I got a reply from my MP. Like I said, he is generally one of the better Tory MPs. I am impressed with his response.

------

I’m sure you realise that the SNP amendment to the King’s Speech calling for a ceasefire in Israel and Gaza was a political manoeuvre design to embarrass the Labour Party. Their objective was to polarise the debate and they know that the King’s Speech and the debate on the government’s legislative agenda has nothing to do with the situation in Gaza.

However, I informed the Whips at the beginning of the week that my conscience would not allow me to vote against a ceasefire. The government made clear that there was a three line whip to vote against the SNP amendment, and that all the votes on the King’s Speech were confidence votes.

Adherence to the whip is my normal approach, but I could not in all conscience comply, and so I abstained and will take whatever consequences come my way.

I don't need to make the case for a ceasefire to you I’m sure. The events of 7th October were profoundly horrifying and evil and the price exacted upon the innocent Palestinian population of Gaza since then has been horrific and both have rightly shocked the world. The Geneva conventions of 1949 were specifically drawn up to prevent precisely this kind of massacre and it seems clear to me that there have been grave violations of international law in Gaza. The mounting toll of dead children is particularly heart-breaking and I cannot understand how Israeli leaders think it is acceptable. You might be interested to read the following statement from the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/statem...rt-karim-aa-khan-kc-situation-state-palestine

There has to be an urgent recognition that there is no military way to defeat Hamas. There must be a global effort to isolate and degrade Hamas and bring its leaders, and those who murdered in its name, to justice.

It is a relief that a deal has been reached for a temporary cessation of violence, so that some of the hostages can be released. But the world must demand that they all be released immediately, and that the killing must not resume, so that a robust political settlement can can be forged that this will bring this terrible situation to an end.

I have been making this case to the Prime Minister for some weeks now and I will continue to do so.

Aside from the unfolding catastrophe in Gaza, I am also deeply concerned about rampant settler violence and the actions of the IDF against Palestinians in the West Bank, and Jerusalem, where Armenian Christians are also now being increasingly attacked. This is completely unacceptable and I have raised it directly with the new Foreign Secretary, Lord Cameron, urging him to follow the Americans in threatening sanctions against those who use violence and those who steal yet more land and homes. I will continue to campaign on this also.

You might be interested in my questions in the House on this subject over the last few weeks:

https://kitmalthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Kit-Israel-Palastine-sq.mp4

https://kitmalthouse.com/2023/unacceptable-settler-violence-in-the-west-bank/

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Agreed another point of interest is the guests that piers Morgan invites to debate the Palestinian issues they are for the most part Ill equipped to debate him properly there are a few decent points made but for the most part I’m left thinking oh wow say this or that but they don’t and they lack factual and compelling rebuttals and it’s so annoying because for anyone that’s followed events long term there is a plethora of indisputable facts. I would like to see him debate someone like Norman Finkelstein who would literally destroy piers Morgan and certainly he would never dare debate someone with actual knowledge on the subject. I watched a bit of the Tate debate and by his own admission he had little to no knowledge so how can there be a viable discussion it’s like me debating physics with Stephen Hawking sure I did a little physics in school but come on debating someone of knowledge would be so humbling 🤣 piers is making a fortune off this and he acts so self righteous as in look at me I’ve had more pro Palestinians on my show than anyone else erm quality over quantity piers bring people like Finkelstein on and give him space and then I will applaud 👏 you until then it’s a joke.
ETA I bet his first point of contact wouldn’t be but do you condemn Hamas to Norman Finkelstein he wouldn’t have the guts but it’s okay to make every interview about that when debating innocent Muslim guests 😡😡
I watched the Andrew Tate interview and to say he didn’t have much knowledge on the subject he did approach this from a humanitarian stance and seemed to stump Piers a few times.
In a side note it’s making me sick how Piers is cashing in on this crisis. And that he’s pretending he’s sympathetic to both sides but he’s clearly not as seems to condone the dispropriate retaliation by Israel. It’s infuriating.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I watched the Andrew Tate interview and to say he didn’t have much knowledge on the subject he did approach this from a humanitarian stance and seemed to stump Piers a few times.
In a side note it’s making me sick how Piers is cashing in on this crisis. And that he’s pretending he’s sympathetic to both sides but he’s clearly not as seems to condone the dispropriate retaliation by Israel. It’s infuriating.
I agree Tate did make some good points but a lot of them were like if you treat a people like this then you will get that as a consequence which is true btw.
I’m not going to invalidate his efforts I just think Piers Morgan is debating regular joes instead of intellectuals that have a vast knowledge and experience on the facts and figures and the breaches of international law and the like.
Piers is a cop out but maybe he is reticent about being outed as the hypocrite he clearly is 🤣

Reactions: 7
I agree Tate did make some good points but a lot of them were like if you treat a people like this then you will get that as a consequence which is true btw.
I’m not going to invalidate his efforts I just think Piers Morgan is debating regular joes instead of intellectuals that have a vast knowledge and experience on the facts and figures and the breaches of international law and the like.
Piers is a cop out but maybe he is reticent about being outed as the hypocrite he clearly is 🤣
I’m totally with you on that. It would be good to see him have a proper debate with some real experts. But he’s just in it for the money, horrendous person that he is.

Reactions: 9
he would be totally out of his depth with academics/ experts. He just has at the most a basic knowledge but not enough for in-depth discussion.

Reactions: 12
I was thinking, right when this started, about how me and my friends used to joke about running away to a kibbutz or whatever, back then it was seen as a kind of hippy thing to do, it was all sold on peace and love and whatnot, living on a 'commune'. At least young people nowadays have no excuse as to be as ignorant about it as I was back then, that's something.
This made me a remember a teacher I loved, probably the first out lesbian I knew of (school during section 28 too), who was so broadminded (this didn't take much at the time I guess but I remember comfortably chatting about all sorts) and interested in everyone. She left to move to Israel, I just thought oh that's adventurous, I had no image of it in particular at the time, just that it had heavy religious connections (I don't come from a religious background).
I didn't even know people mentioning kibbutzes like the way you say were talking about anything specifically Israeli, just thought they were like smallholdings roundabout West Asia run by hippies travelling.
Remember too that I was so interested and conscious about the Holocaust, (definitely not in a sensationalised fascination with Nazism way), and still unaware of Israel's founding.
---
he would be totally out of his depth with academics/ experts. He just has at the most a basic knowledge but not enough for in-depth discussion.
So many reporters and presenters are satisfied keeping discussion to this level too. I was shocked really to see someone speaking so incisively and vigorously as Francesca Albanese, showed how tepid and complacent most news is with the odd attempted barrage.

Last edited:
This amazing man 👏 I check his Instagram account every day to make sure he’s still posting. People like him are the only reason we know what’s happening in Gaza.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 14.34.34.png

Red Cross are who are meant to be receiving the hostages when they're reeased, aren't they? Fully expect the IDF to attempt to duck it up by any means possible before it happens.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes I’m with you on that observation 100%
I think Piers should either do it properly or leave well alone he is a snake he always says there is no justification, but most of the young men on Oct 7th were ages 20-22 and they were born into the Gaza prison camp they had suffered food deprivation and they had been witnesses to untold violence during other episodes of Israel mowing the lawn and many had lost relatives Piers nothing justifies what they did.
There were very violent attacks before slavery ended in the United States and in the Haitian revolution there were many atrocities committed and history has proven time and again that if you subjugate a people and leave them in heinous conditions then a catastrophe will surely follow would Piers condemn the violence used in the other two examples and say there is never any justification ? Don’t get me wrong here I hate violence in any form but the subjugation of the Palestinians couldn’t go on forever and politically the issue was dead in the water and had been for a long time they had tried protesting peacefully when they stood along the wall what happened well they were used as target practice by snipers predominantly aiming at their knees with rewards given for direct hits so yeh they were between a rock and a hard place.
ETA

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
God, I'd pay money to see Norman Finkelstein destroy Piers

• Heart
God, I'd pay money to see Norman Finkelstein destroy Piers
Omg omg I just went to piers Morgan’s uncensored twitter to comment that he needs to get Finkelstein on and guess what he’s gonna debate normal Finkelstein 😮😮😮 I can’t believe it this is gonna be epic 💜💜💜💜

Reactions: 8
On Channel 7 news the IDF Admiral was going through a tunnel and then some rooms underground. One had a kitchenette and another a toilet.
He said to the camera now do you belief that Hamas is hiding under the hospital.

It seems that Netanyahu is keeping to his word that anyone that gave Hamas candy (I am assuming this means assisting, feeding, treating them etc) are going to be hunted down and their families.

I wonder if someone gave the IDF or Netanyahu the names and they have been hunting down all people with the same surnames.
They don't seem to care about the lives of their own people, just collateral damage, let alone innocent Palestinians.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Excerpt from the times of Israel regarding the hostages.
The media will not be permitted access to the hostages and their families initially. Bar Siman-Tov told a Hebrew news channel that families can make their own decisions about interviews later on. However, he and his colleagues believe it would be better for the hostages and their families to recover from their ordeal out of the limelight. This comes after a controversial press conference at Ichilov Hospital following the release of 85-year-old hostage Yocheved Lifshitz on October 24.
Well there’s a surprise not …..

Reactions: 11
This video is going viral and is a great response in my opinion

---
Is anyone here going to the march against Antisemitism this Sunday in London?
I’m quite far from London but also my local Palestine protest occurs on Sundays so I’ll be attending that. I would like to attend at some point, it’s important to me to show support to everyone suffering

Reactions: 13
Excerpt from the times of Israel regarding the hostages.
The media will not be permitted access to the hostages and their families initially. Bar Siman-Tov told a Hebrew news channel that families can make their own decisions about interviews later on. However, he and his colleagues believe it would be better for the hostages and their families to recover from their ordeal out of the limelight. This comes after a controversial press conference at Ichilov Hospital following the release of 85-year-old hostage Yocheved Lifshitz on October 24.
Well there’s a surprise not …..
The hospital spokesperson who enabled the press conference of the elderly lady who was released was forced to leave his job, the authorities weren't happy with him - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ess-conference-with-freed-hostage/ar-AA1khSs4

I’m quite far from London but also my local Palestine protest occurs on Sundays so I’ll be attending that. I would like to attend at some point, it’s important to me to show support to everyone suffering
I wouldn't march with the likes of Tommy Robinson and Marine le Pen, who are the types who turn up at these kind of marches. They pretend to be non-political and against bigotry but are in fact stoking Islamophobic sentiment and are not asking for a ceasefire, far from it. The whole purpose of them is to get people on board with the ongoing genocide of the Palestinian people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t think there should be any conferences from hostages - they should be able to focus on healing and being with their loved ones.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.