Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking, right when this started, about how me and my friends used to joke about running away to a kibbutz or whatever, back then it was seen as a kind of hippy thing to do, it was all sold on peace and love and whatnot, living on a 'commune'. At least young people nowadays have no excuse as to be as ignorant about it as I was back then, that's something.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just reflecting today on how these events have hardened my views of Israel / Palestine.

I've always been pro Palestinian due to my background and upbringing but in recent years just due to my own personal situation I was very open to Israel and would have defended it as a state / concept in conversation, taking a more centrist, wishy washy view as I thought that was the path of lasting peace in the region.

That's finished now. Hell will freeze over before I will ever defend Israel again. Not that what I do matters but I just found it interesting and I wonder how many people have changed their views in this way. I would say it is a lot.
The media is to blame they frame the conflict from when the Palestinians have reached the end of their tolerance and retaliated usually with rocket fire that the dome defuses for the most part, people then think ooo look they’re at it again those poor Israelis having to live under attack from those extremist/terrorists. The media never gives any context and they never cover why the Palestinians have reached the end of their tether. The thing is once people have a concept ingrained in their minds for a long time it’s hard for them to admit that they were duped so I guess it’s easier for younger observers with no preconceived ideas to see the truth (social media )than it was for many older people that have been brainwashed by the western media.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I want to put this here before I forget -
Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 07.48.12.png

Simon Schama, noted academic who seems to be currently employed at Columbia University, retweeting a call to 'defund' universities (whatever that means), originally written by long-time-known loon Laura Marcus. So many layers of wtf.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I want to put this here before I forget -
View attachment 2587380

Simon Schama, noted academic who seems to be currently employed at Columbia University, retweeting a call to 'defund' universities (whatever that means), originally written by long-time-known loon Laura Marcus. So many layers of wtf.
His tweets are a disgrace. I've been shocked by them.

Reactions: 9
Yeah I didn't know too much about the situation until about a year and half ago. But what a shocker when I found out all about it! My eyes were wide open after this war though!

(I think what really shocks me is how so many people I know, and also those we see in the mainstream media, and in positions of authority in finance or tech, and who previously appeared benign and rational/ reasonable, have gone full mask-off and don't appear to give any fucks about showing how pro-genocide they are. The viciousness of a lot of the pro-zionist types (a lot who I would have thought would show compassion for children) leaves me speechless. It's so cruel.. I see way more calls for killing Palestinians (in the guise of saying their children are terrorists) by the zionist pro-genociders than I see any palestinian or pro-palestinian calling for any harm to israel or zionists. In fact I'm all those horrific videos of children being maimed or killed, I havn't heard one person around them say 'kill Israelis'! They've just been consumed with grief and and fear for their lives and for the lives of their loved ones because of the bombing and shooting by IDF snipers.

It's truly shocking to me how barbaric and sadistic the pro-genociders are in their rhetoric.

Also, wtaf is going on in US-Canada with what appears to be obvious false flags?

---
Jfc... solitary confinement and torture for 3 years since the age of 13 yrs old!! :oops: Probably for some BS reason that was made up by the IDF or something that was not even an actual crime.

---
It gets worse...

---
This is just so awful

---
This is just so awful, loads of historical mosques and churches (alongside hospitals) have been targeted and bombed to smithereens whilst innocent people shelter in them.. it's just insane what's going on, how tf are people justifying this tit especially after seeing so many graphic vids of dying kids too?? I can't get mg head around it..

---
This is just so awful, loads of historical mosques and ancient churches (alongside hospitals) have been targeted and bombed to smithereens whilst innocent people shelter in them.. it's just insane what's going on, how tf are people justifying this tit especially after seeing so many graphic vids of dying kids too?? I can't get mg head around it..

---
Sorry duplicate post can't be edited

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve been reading these threads since the start, I’ve not commented tho as I’m a little shy and not too good at these things. But I want thank all of the regular contributors! My eyes have been truly opened.

I just can’t get my head around what’s happening in this day and age tho. And that our government aren’t doing anything to help, they aren’t even questioning the narrative! I thought we were a country who fought for the freedom and democracy for all. I’m horrified that they’ve taken the stance they have and we cannot do anything about it.

My heart is breaking more each day for the people of Palestine. I just hope that the women and children that Israel are releasing, are not are going back home to certain death, as one things for sure the ceasefire isn’t going to last. They’ve literally said they aren’t stopping until they've accomplished their mission and I think we all know what that is.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
And finally we have a bit of a result

If the roles were reversed and the vendor was selling kosher and an Arab did this he would have been arrested the minute the post hit twitter and a heavy sentence imposed it will be interesting to see.
I read up on the three dancing Israelis after 9/11 they got flown back to Israel despite the suspects being dodgy my guess is that he will get a slap on the wrist and he has been arrested for show. I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: 8
Source for above as I couldn’t add it up there;

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2010/03/16/obama-and-the-jacksonian-zionists/

How the land was going to be caved up at one point;

View attachment 2586747

View attachment 2586752

The rest of the article:

If the one state is divided into two and the Palestinians were to take the north half would that mean they get Tel Aviv.

Reactions: 1
So the ceasefire deal is off for another day at least, I'm sure the press conference spelling Israel's genocidal intentions didn't help much, meanwhile the IDF spent last night bombing north, central and southern Gaza ...

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 21.39.50.png

killing many more people, arresting doctors who were attempting to evacuate ....

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 08.50.58.png

And this morning people like Rachel Reeves are calling for *Hamas* do 'do the right thing'

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 08.56.41.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Saw this

and it made me think of the documentary Aftershock on Netflix, about the earthquake in Nepal in 2015, which featured a group of Israeli men who decided it would be a good idea to loot a village which had been razed to the ground and all its inhabitants killed. Worth a watch.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Yeah I didn't know too much about the situation until about a year and half ago. But what a shocker when I found out all about it! My eyes were wide open after this war though!

(I think what really shocks me is how so many people I know, and also those we see in the mainstream media, and in positions of authority in finance or tech, and who previously appeared benign and rational/ reasonable, have gone full mask-off and don't appear to give any fucks about showing how pro-genocide they are. The viciousness of a lot of the pro-zionist types (a lot who I would have thought would show compassion for children) leaves me speechless. It's so cruel.. I see way more calls for killing Palestinians (in the guise of saying their children are terrorists) by the zionist pro-genociders than I see any palestinian or pro-palestinian calling for any harm to israel or zionists. In fact I'm all those horrific videos of children being maimed or killed, I havn't heard one person around them say 'kill Israelis'! They've just been consumed with grief and and fear for their lives and for the lives of their loved ones because of the bombing and shooting by IDF snipers.

It's truly shocking to me how barbaric and sadistic the pro-genociders are in their rhetoric.

Also, wtaf is going on in US-Canada with what appears to be obvious false flags?

---
Jfc... solitary confinement and torture for 3 years since the age of 13 yrs old!! :oops: Probably for some BS reason that was made up by the IDF or something that was not even an actual crime.

---
It gets worse...

---
This is just so awful

---
This is just so awful, loads of historical mosques and churches (alongside hospitals) have been targeted and bombed to smithereens whilst innocent people shelter in them.. it's just insane what's going on, how tf are people justifying this tit especially after seeing so many graphic vids of dying kids too?? I can't get mg head around it..

---
This is just so awful, loads of historical mosques and ancient churches (alongside hospitals) have been targeted and bombed to smithereens whilst innocent people shelter in them.. it's just insane what's going on, how tf are people justifying this tit especially after seeing so many graphic vids of dying kids too?? I can't get mg head around it..

---
Sorry duplicate post can't be edited
I read about poor Ahmed before. I believe he’s developed schizophrenia from years spent in solitary confinement. I’m not sure if he’s received appropriate treatment but I can hazard a guess. I really hope he’s freed but I doubt he’ll ever recover from the mental torture he’s been subjected to 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It's just horrifying to think of this happening now

This just makes me feel more sick

All I could think of last night as I tried to fall asleep was that Isreal would have used the night to bomb as much as possible before this ‘pause’
I can’t imagine how much more destruction and death was caused last night 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 10
This is a good read.

I meant to add that a caller on LBC today said that it wasn’t “genocide” because the attack was on Hamas. He seemed to conveniently ignore the fact that it is mainly innocent Palestinian civilians being killed and maimed. This debate needs to be held in the main stream media so that claims like this can be discredited.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.