Israeli-Palestinian Conflict #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You may not have heard the term “hostages” but you will have heard the term “detainees”. Israel, for years, has taken Palestinians, including thousands of women and children for no real reason but for as little as throwing stones and put them in, what they call, “administrative detention”, this means they can hold them, without charge, indefinitely. There are currently over 7000 Palestinians kept in this state of limbo. Those that are charged are put in front of a military court (a different system from Isreali citizens, so apartheid right there) who have a 97% conviction rate. There are children who have been convicted of throwing stones who get up to 20 years in prison. So the reality is that other than the 2.3m hostages kept in the gazan borders, there are thousands of Palestinians held without charge, so essentially hostages. Quite often these people are family members of a Palestinian fighter, they are routinely taken with the message that the fighter, or person they want, must hand themselves in if they want their family members releasing.

Once you know this stuff, it gives you some understanding of why there’s resistance, the Israelis have been doing this in plain view of the whole world for decades with zero condemnation or consequences. It makes me furious but I see a slither of hope that so many people are learning about it and waking up to the vicious, draconian system the Palestinians have to endure. This war, whilst devastating for the amount of lives and destruction, may be the beacon of light that needed shining on the Palestinians plight.

Just last night the Israelis took about 30 people captive. Like yeah while they were agreeing to release 150 captives they’re filling their coffers with more! It’s fkng disgusting 🤮
And then we still pretend Israel is a democracy. Detaining people without trial or resulting from a non-independent institution that have a specific set of laws for a specific ethnic group is exactly against democratic values and the right of freedom.

Reactions: 18
And then we still pretend Israel is a democracy. Detaining people without trial or resulting from a non-independent institution that have a specific set of laws for a specific ethnic group is exactly against democratic values and the right of freedom.
It's a bleeping sick joke at this stage

Reactions: 14
It may be the cynic in me (and I hope I’m wrong), but I think the ceasefire is for optics and pressure behind the scenes from the U.S. I think it will be business as usual for the Israeli government immediately after.

Speaking to my mother about how some of her Palestinian friends are doing, and have friends and family over there, they apparently have stopped listening to any news as they were getting physically affected by it all.
Let’s hope for a miracle because events are very fast paced we don’t know what the hostages will say when they come out it could be a PR disaster for Hamas or it could also be a PR disaster for the Israelis depending on a lot of things like how they’ve been treated and some may even be angry at Hamas period for taking them in such an awful way regardless of their treatment alternatively they could aim their anger at Netanyahu especially as he has carpet bombed knowing it could risk their lives and they may have been told by their captors that they had tried to exchange them earlier but Netanyahu refused🤷‍♀️
The other aspect in my humble opinion is the fact that aid agencies have been heavily impaired with their aid efforts and you could say the same for other organisations like human rights and the UN so when they get to go in and properly assess the carnage and more stories emerge it may put even more pressure on the wider world. I know we have had images and videos from people inside Gaza but they’ve been treated as unverified and there is always the underlying hint regarding their reliability but they can’t do that when official bodies get to see the bare bones of the conflict unhindered by bombing.
There is always hope I guess.

Reactions: 10
This
It is terrifying that these people walk amongst us.
This isn't directed at you at all ordinaryjelly (pff no such thing)
I can't imagine what it's like to live unaware that people can show this side of themselves to you.
I think that probably provides me with some specific fear and anger about how this is happening.
I'm not saying that my experiences and feelings are any more worthy though.

With this pause though, I've gone back to worrying like I did before Israel started this round of attacks, I struggled to even drive that weekend, thinking about what they'd do.

Reactions: 9
You may not have heard the term “hostages” but you will have heard the term “detainees”. Israel, for years, has taken Palestinians, including thousands of women and children for no real reason but for as little as throwing stones and put them in, what they call, “administrative detention”, this means they can hold them, without charge, indefinitely. There are currently over 7000 Palestinians kept in this state of limbo. Those that are charged are put in front of a military court (a different system from Isreali citizens, so apartheid right there) who have a 97% conviction rate. There are children who have been convicted of throwing stones who get up to 20 years in prison. So the reality is that other than the 2.3m hostages kept in the gazan borders, there are thousands of Palestinians held without charge, so essentially hostages. Quite often these people are family members of a Palestinian fighter, they are routinely taken with the message that the fighter, or person they want, must hand themselves in if they want their family members releasing.

Once you know this stuff, it gives you some understanding of why there’s resistance, the Israelis have been doing this in plain view of the whole world for decades with zero condemnation or consequences. It makes me furious but I see a slither of hope that so many people are learning about it and waking up to the vicious, draconian system the Palestinians have to endure. This war, whilst devastating for the amount of lives and destruction, may be the beacon of light that needed shining on the Palestinians plight.

Just last night the Israelis took about 30 people captive. Like yeah while they were agreeing to release 150 captives they’re filling their coffers with more! It’s fkng disgusting 🤮
Are the Palestinians held by Israel the ones that voluntarily donate their organs to Israelis.
Well the Israel authorities say Palestinians donate their organs to them.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Let’s hope for a miracle because events are very fast paced we don’t know what the hostages will say when they come out it could be a PR disaster for Hamas or it could also be a PR disaster for the Israelis depending on a lot of things like how they’ve been treated and some may even be angry at Hamas period for taking them in such an awful way regardless of their treatment alternatively they could aim their anger at Netanyahu especially as he has carpet bombed knowing it could risk their lives and they may have been told by their captors that they had tried to exchange them earlier but Netanyahu refused🤷‍♀️
The other aspect in my humble opinion is the fact that aid agencies have been heavily impaired with their aid efforts and you could say the same for other organisations like human rights and the UN so when they get to go in and properly assess the carnage and more stories emerge it may put even more pressure on the wider world. I know we have had images and videos from people inside Gaza but they’ve been treated as unverified and there is always the underlying hint regarding their reliability but they can’t do that when official bodies get to see the bare bones of the conflict unhindered by bombing.
There is always hope I guess.
I'm wondering if pr disasters are actually part of a kind of Israeli psychological shock and awe campaign but with propaganda the state of them.

Reactions: 6
I'm wondering if pr disasters are actually part of a kind of Israeli psychological shock and awe campaign but with propaganda the state of them.
I think that a lot of the reports coming out are second hand with a lot of statements like the BBC couldn’t independently verify these claims or aid agencies saying that they can’t get in to verify but doctor xyz has told us blank. I think it will be interesting to see what comes out when the officials get in on the ground.

Reactions: 7
I'm very cynical now but I still can't believe how depraved this whole thing is.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I'm very cynical now but I still can't believe how depraved this whole thing is.

I knew it I work in advertising and I know how some cynical propagandist minds work I hope it all comes out from their illegal weapons to their targeting of civilians to their snipers killing people at hospitals.
I would be worried if I were them because how can anyone with half a brain believe these 💩 people anymore after the plethora of lies they’ve put out.

Reactions: 11
The wounds of children on Instagram at the moment are horrifying. I will never forget and never forgive.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

I remember Amnesty International campaigning against the use of 'administrative detention' of Palestinian children in the 80s!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think that a lot of the reports coming out are second hand with a lot of statements like the BBC couldn’t independently verify these claims or aid agencies saying that they can’t get in to verify but doctor xyz has told us blank. I think it will be interesting to see what comes out when the officials get in on the ground.
I'm sorry my post was more of a tangent than replying to what you actually wrote. Can't imagine how the urgency of addressing humanitarian needs can be coordinated with reporting what's been done. I think a lot of reporting has so far been purposefully paused at being classed second hand too.

By pr disasters I was talking more about every night is day statement made by Israeli officials. I think their spin on anything they do is meant to be disorientating as well as bloody minded.

Am hoping a Gofundme or something can be set up for that Halal food truck guy.

That whole situation also made me wonder how that scumbag abusing him ended up in such a position of power. Reminds me a bit of Steve Bannon and Trump, though from what I’ve read Obama was anti-Israeli settlement activity himself.

How are these hardline anti-Palestinians and anti-Muslims getting into positions like that in the first place. The Zionist lobby or ‘favours’ or is that too much of a stretch? Some of these guys are so extreme they should be nowhere near government

Last edited:
US gave Israel coordinates of aid organisations 'to help prevent strikes'. Guess what happened next.

• Angry
  • Sad
Am hoping a Gofundme or something can be set up for that Halal food truck guy.

That whole situation also made me wonder how that scumbag abusing him ended up in such a position of power. Reminds me a bit of Steve Bannon and Trump, though from what I’ve read Obama was anti-Israeli settlement activity himself.

How are these hardline anti-Palestinians and anti-Muslims getting into positions like that in the first place. The Zionist lobby or ‘favours’ or is that too much of a stretch? Some of these guys are so extreme they should be nowhere near government
I saw some tweets about people buying their lunches from him for the foreseeable. It might not make him forget what was said to him but it will be a nice sign of support none the less

• Heart
I have a good friend who is Iraqi living in the uk and the stories she has told me you wouldn’t believe.
My friend is from a family of prominent doctors and the family were given safe areas because doctors were needed for the casualties of war, anyways one night thirty members of her family including herself went to a safe area and stayed in one house sleeping in the basement well the house got hit and she lost many members of her immediate family and a baby miraculously survived because he was in his carrycot and the hood was up and it shielded him from a lot of the falling debris. It’s the same with this war where doctors are being targeted again it’s insane when they’re needed more than ever, this has to be a military tactic and of course they are never going to admit that and I would have thought it’s just the heinous Israelis if my friend hadn’t mentioned it to me years ago but no clearly not because this isn’t the first time or the only war where doctors have been “mistakenly” hit 😡😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.