Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going back to Moley's original point. It is a great shame that most of the more sensible posters left these threads. I can understand why. When all people can do is shout 'Zionist!' and 'genocide!' 'fascist!' in response to everything, it must become tedious.

Interestingly, I was looking at some earlier threads and some of the posters still here were labelling Israel's response to the Hamas attack a 'genocide' as early as last October, which speaks volumes about their levels of prejudice

Reactions: 1
Interestingly, I was looking at some earlier threads and some of the posters still here were labelling Israel's response to the Hamas attack a 'genocide' as early as last October, which speaks volumes about their levels of prejudice
Some people spotted what Netanyahu had in mind from the start, it's true. Not that it was particularly difficult to spot, given what Israeli politicians were saying. Never thought he'd be allowed to get this far with it but here we are.

Reactions: 13
Did you not get the memo? The definition of 'fascist' has been changed to now mean: anyone who disagrees with me on the internet
I think you are right.
From the start I have not taken a side other than supporting the peace seeking civilians on either side of the conflict.
This has led to me be accused of supporting Netanyahu here whilst also being labelled an antisemite on a forum somewhere else!
It is important that people with different views aren’t shut down, especially in a complex situation like this. I remember the exploits of Black September many years ago which led to a certain prejudice against terrorist organisations. Now many years later I understand that the situation is deeply rooted in a history that most of us bleating away on social media will never fully comprehend. I can see why both sides believe that they are right and justify violence in response. This will only end when all parties in the Middle East accept that Israel and Palestine have a right to exist, that fair boundaries are agreed on and that all sides stop using violence as a means of dealing with any further disputes. I am fed up with seeing the amount of hate mail being hurled at both Jewish people and Muslims depending on where you are. The problem here lies with extremists on all sides. We should be looking to the more rational people on both sides and encouraging them to find peaceful solutions, not spending every day fuelling more hatred.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
My husband has gone to an assembly at my youngest daught's school this morning.

It got me thinking and the Gazan children. I looked it up, there are more than 33,000 orphaned children (and they are counting children who have lost one of both parents in that number) maybe scaled it down to maybe 5,000/10,000, though 1 is too many, who have lost both parents. I am sure most of those children are being looked after by aunts, uncles, neighbours, friends. But they will never know the living embrace of mama again, never spot a parent in the school hall watching them in a play, never kick a football with dad, never break iftar with their parents, never have a mama to hug then when they are sick, never have parents at their wedding. Instead they will carry the weight of trauma for the rest of their life.

Just what did those innocent souls do to deserve that. They were living a carefree, or as much as possible in Gaza, childhood on October 6th 2023. So why has that been taken from them. What could they have possibly done?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It is like a mad fever dream on here, going over the same nonsense over and over whilst people are getting blown to bits by a genocidal regime

Reactions: 17
My husband has gone to an assembly at my youngest daught's school this morning.

It got me thinking and the Gazan children. I looked it up, there are more than 33,000 orphaned children (and they are counting children who have lost one of both parents in that number) maybe scaled it down to maybe 5,000/10,000, though 1 is too many, who have lost both parents. I am sure most of those children are being looked after by aunts, uncles, neighbours, friends. But they will never know the living embrace of mama again, never spot a parent in the school hall watching them in a play, never kick a football with dad, never break iftar with their parents, never have a mama to hug then when they are sick, never have parents at their wedding. Instead they will carry the weight of trauma for the rest of their life.

Just what did those innocent souls do to deserve that. They were living a carefree, or as much as possible in Gaza, childhood on October 6th 2023. So why has that been taken from them. What could they have possibly done?
Depends who you ask I guess. The Jenocide apologist and sidekick/s will most likely say that they are a non avoidable casualty of ‘war’ (using the completely wrong definition of war, but hey ho 😙), and perhaps even veer into territory that there are no innocents on the Gaza Strip, and that even babies and children are terrorists 🙄 - whereas the rational and humane amongst us will say, they did nothing. They’re innocent babies. They’ve been caught in a genocide that was nothing other than complete awful luck of where they were born.

Reactions: 11
I think you are right.
From the start I have not taken a side other than supporting the peace seeking civilians on either side of the conflict.
This has led to me be accused of supporting Netanyahu here whilst also being labelled an antisemite on a forum somewhere else!
It is important that people with different views aren’t shut down, especially in a complex situation like this. I remember the exploits of Black September many years ago which led to a certain prejudice against terrorist organisations. Now many years later I understand that the situation is deeply rooted in a history that most of us bleating away on social media will never fully comprehend. I can see why both sides believe that they are right and justify violence in response. This will only end when all parties in the Middle East accept that Israel and Palestine have a right to exist, that fair boundaries are agreed on and that all sides stop using violence as a means of dealing with any further disputes. I am fed up with seeing the amount of hate mail being hurled at both Jewish people and Muslims depending on where you are. The problem here lies with extremists on all sides. We should be looking to the more rational people on both sides and encouraging them to find peaceful solutions, not spending every day fuelling more hatred.
Moley, I just really enjoy your peace and love / rational people stance while Israel continue bombing children in Gaza and will be launching a ground offensive in Rafah any day now, further displacing 1.6 million civilians. There are an undetermined number of living hostages that the Israeli govt are in no rush to rescue because it will put pressure on them to end this genocidal war. Not to forget, of course, that Palestinians live under a brutal occupation in ever-decreasing plots of land in the West Bank too. Meanwhile, Hamas's rockets have killed a grand total of 0 since Oct 7 thanks to US taxpayers funding the iron dome. "Two sides" doesn't really wash when one side holds all the power.

But as annoying as you are, at least you recognise in a roundabout way that there needs to be a ceasefire so the violence can end and that there needs to be a peaceful solution to this, which is exactly what most posters and protestors are asking for. It's just a shame you fail to acknowledge the bigger picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Here's another source

Jackson Hinckle's not someone Palestine needs (I'm referring to the second tweet onwards but can't start the link with that somehow)

---
I wonder if they even know Hind's story? The ignorance of the very people who are meant to be informing the public is mindblowing.
And the degree of ignorance too to presume that someone killed is an adult

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Here's another source

Jackson Hinckle's not someone Palestine needs (I'm referring to the second tweet onwards but can't start the link with that somehow)

---

And the degree of ignorance too to presume that someone killed is an adult
Yes, both sources are from 2017.

And the attempted overreach by that towns leaders was quickly shut down

Under pressure, Houston town untethers hurricane relief from BDS test - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Reactions: 2
Yes, both sources are from 2017.

And the attempted overreach by that towns leaders was quickly shut down

Under pressure, Houston town untethers hurricane relief from BDS test - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
Maybe not so quickly

My post was more about the vile ethics and motivations of Jackson Hinkle who recently highlighted this story than the story itself.

I don't think this Texas example being treated as any kind of overreach had much future influence.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.