Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah Abby Martin successfully sued Georgia for the anti BDS laws. Much like that hurricane stuff the Israelis have infiltrated US law making to ensure that as a minimum public institutions can’t boycott or divest, I think something like 36 states have enacted this pieces of legislation. Crazy how the Americans can boycott American stuff but not Israeli stuff - says a lot about that “special” relationship.

ETA Abbys story was I think 2020/21 so more current. Also @Atruck I agree Hinkle is a bell end

Reactions: 7
Yeah Abby Martin successfully sued Georgia for the anti BDS laws. Much like that hurricane stuff the Israelis have infiltrated US law making to ensure that as a minimum public institutions can’t boycott or divest, I think something like 36 states have enacted this pieces of legislation. Crazy how the Americans can boycott American stuff but not Israeli stuff - says a lot about that “special” relationship.

ETA Abbys story was I think 2020/21 so more current. Also @Atruck I agree Hinkle is a bell end
I do find it utterly bizarre how the Israeli govt has their fingers right in the American government. It cant just be that Israel is a strategic base for the USA in the middle east.

Reactions: 5
I do find it utterly bizarre how the Israeli govt has their fingers right in the American government. It cant just be that Israel is a strategic base for the USA in the middle east.
I don’t see the point of these laws because a business can buy from any supplier that they choose and they are not required to make a public service announcement saying we are boycotting Israel.
Am I missing something?

Reactions: 2
I don’t see the point of these laws because a business can buy from any supplier that they choose and they are not required to make a public service announcement saying we are boycotting Israel.
Am I missing something?
Yes exactly, you can really choose who you sell to or buy from, I think the laws just prevent you from promoting a boycott. Its so very strange, because I dont know of any other countries who have this agreement.

Am I missing something?
I’m pretty sure, but not certain, it’s public bodies. So for example if you are a government body with a large pension fund or fund of any kind you need to invest, you can’t boycott investments in Israeli companies. Like Abby Martin, she was (I think) being paid as a speaker at a university and they wanted her to sign this contract with an anti BDS clause. So it was a public body paying a contractor. It said stuff in it like you weren’t ever allowed to BDS Israel from what I can remember- I will read up on it again but that’s my understanding. I feel we were trying to get something like that in the UK but I may have dreamt that 🤷‍♀️

UK BDS ban:

---
I’m pretty sure, but not certain, it’s public bodies. So for example if you are a government body with a large pension fund or fund of any kind you need to invest, you can’t boycott investments in Israeli companies. Like Abby Martin, she was (I think) being paid as a speaker at a university and they wanted her to sign this contract with an anti BDS clause. So it was a public body paying a contractor. It said stuff in it like you weren’t ever allowed to BDS Israel from what I can remember- I will read up on it again but that’s my understanding. I feel we were trying to get something like that in the UK but I may have dreamt that 🤷‍♀️
You didn’t dream it

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you I get it jeez they have weeded their way in everywhere and covered all bases I guess if you have an endless supply of money to line the pockets of the powers that be then you’re off 😡

Reactions: 5
Fictional hospitals get more sympathy.

Which news org is that article from?

ETA its from 2017?
The independent news-

---
Thank you I get it jeez they have weeded their way in everywhere and covered all bases I guess if you have an endless supply of money to line the pockets of the powers that be then you’re off 😡

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
The Amy Schumer interview is very good.

“It’s gotten to this place,” Schumer says, “where you can’t speak up for other Jews without people feeling like it’s a slight to the conditions in Gaza.”

She’s referring to the 32,000-plus Gazans killed since the Oct. 7 massacre, and the million on the verge of starvation.

In fact, she wants people to know that her public activism doesn’t mean that she supports the Israeli government. “I don’t agree with anything that Netanyahu is doing, and neither do the Israelis I know. Of course what’s going on in Gaza is sickening, horrifying and unthinkable.” She adds, “And, I don’t think it’s OK to hate anyone because they were born Jewish.”

Reactions: 1
I think what people are confusing the issue with is that if you support genocide, you’re a c*nt. If you also so happen to be Jewish, you can’t then claim to be the victim.

Isn't this all getting quite dystopian?

I hand on heart cannot believe people are OK with genocide. It makes me sad that they walk amongst us and that they likely have children who they are raising to think the same way.

It is 2024. Why are we even having this debate?

Reactions: 17
Isn't this all getting quite dystopian?

I hand on heart cannot believe people are OK with genocide. It makes me sad that they walk amongst us and that they likely have children who they are raising to think the same way.

It is 2024. Why are we even having this debate?
The crux of the main genocide supporter here is that babies and children are unavoidable casualties of war and we’re supposed to just accept that, but anyone daring to call Israelis pigs or saying they don’t want Israeli supporters living in their street are out of order. Quite strange.

Reactions: 9
The crux of the main genocide supporter here is that babies and children are unavoidable casualties of war and we’re supposed to just accept that, but anyone daring to call Israelis pigs or saying they don’t want Israeli supporters living in their street are out of order. Quite strange.
It is utterly bizzare. I feel like their limbic systems must be misfiring.

Reactions: 8
The Amy Schumer interview is very good.

you can’t speak up for other Jews without people feeling like it’s a slight to the conditions in Gaza.”

She’s referring to the 32,000-plus Gazans killed since the Oct. 7 massacre, and the million on the verge of starvation.
She should say that, then. Weird of *you* to finally acknowledge it but whatever.

Oliver McTernan just did a really interesting interview on BBC's The Context. He finished it by explicitly saying Blinken isn't helping matters.

She should say that, then. Weird of *you* to finally acknowledge it but whatever.

Oliver McTernan just did a really interesting interview on BBC's The Context. He finished it by explicitly saying Blinken isn't helping matters.
She does say it.
---
The fact you can even type that sentence and not see how abhorrent it is, speaks volumes

She does say it.
And do you agree with her? Do you concede those Hamas-run health ministry numbers? Because that would be a first. Do you understand what it means to be killing a people in those numbers?

And do you agree with her? Do you concede those Hamas-run health ministry numbers? Because that would be a first. Do you understand what it means to be killing a people in those numbers?
No, I don't believe the numbers are reliable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.