Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did tusla deny that? Were they asked, is that a bit far?
She did an article with Evoke.ie (I think) and tusla were contacted, saying that BMI is only one factor they consider.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Tusla did reject her on the BMI, they are not a great agency and very "red tape"

Reactions: 1
The travelling can take its toll for sure when you have multiple trips and rounds. Annual leave gets eaten up pretty quickly. There are pros and cons for all clinics and all journeys are different. I think because they do so many investigations initially and don't suggest IVF unless all other avenues have been explored shows they aren't money grabbing. I had bad times and good times on my journey. On one bad day i cried and penny cried with me. Its definitely personal to her. When I shared my good news she cried too 🥰.
Best of luck to everyone on this thread who is on the rollercoaster. For every insta or blogger there are hundreds of us privately facing this journey.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
For a full cycle you need about 10 days. It makes sense financially if you time it to go from Sept to April/may. Accommodation is cheap if you go Airbnb and you can eat out cheaply. The metro is cheap and super easy to use and taxis are not expensive.Summer is expensive for flights last minute and Accommodation but you can make a holiday out of it.
There really aren't any extras either. A couple of blood tests maybe. The drugs payment scheme still allows Greek prescriptions as its in the EU.
Thank you, great response

I’m really not sure BMI is a very fair reason to rule out fosterers tbh, unless they’re so big they’re basically disabled?

Reactions: 6
I’m really not sure BMI is a very fair reason to rule out fosterers tbh, unless they’re so big they’re basically disabled?
Yeah it's a rubbish reason especially since BMI is a mathematical equation and is not a reflection on someone's health. But tusla is full of rubbish reasons

Sorry - to clarify, the BMI was for adopting. I can't remember why she was turned down for fostering

Reactions: 3
Aine is a breath of fresh air , the girl can do no wrong.

I think it’s very unfair ! So many kids waiting to be fostered 😭

Yeah it's a rubbish reason especially since BMI is a mathematical equation and is not a reflection on someone's health. But tusla is full of rubbish reasons

Sorry - to clarify, the BMI was for adopting. I can't remember why she was turned down for fostering
I know a friend of mine looked into fostering at one stage. If I recall rightly, one foster parent needs to be a stay at home parent. I suppose if she was a SAHM, she would need someone to support her financially…

Reactions: 2
I know of somebody who did fostering here for the money, which is just awful. Tulsa’s criteria is a very blunt tool. I’m sure some amazing people are being turned down while other’s who simply tick the boxes and are doing it for the wrong reasons are being approved.

• Sick
I know of somebody who did fostering here for the money, which is just awful. Tulsa’s criteria is a very blunt tool. I’m sure some amazing people are being turned down while other’s who simply tick the boxes and are doing it for the wrong reasons are being approved.
Ohhh for sure many do it for the money which is disgusting!!

Same here, they get to keep their social welfare payment and medical card and rake in approx 350 per child. They currently have 2 teens. They get extra money to buy them birthday and Christmas presents and school needs also.
Oh and as far as I know they get the children's allowance also, some even get DCA payment too.

They give free tickets to zoo and tayto park etc to bring them on a day out.

I heard one of of the foster kids say it was 50 euro for his school tour that it was too expensive so he wasn't going to ask. 😢

Last edited:
For a full cycle you need about 10 days. It makes sense financially if you time it to go from Sept to April/may. Accommodation is cheap if you go Airbnb and you can eat out cheaply. The metro is cheap and super easy to use and taxis are not expensive.Summer is expensive for flights last minute and Accommodation but you can make a holiday out of it.
There really aren't any extras either. A couple of blood tests maybe. The drugs payment scheme still allows Greek prescriptions as its in the EU.
Do you need to get tests done before and then it’s 10 days over there for the actual fertility treatment or do you go before that and then go back again for it??

I know 3 familys locally that do it for the money they give the kids no stability its been reported to both tulsa and the guards although the guards took ot seriously tulsa on the other hand could give 2 monkeys, the kids running around the place at 11 at night there no older than 10 or 11, we looked into fostering but we got pregnant and that cancelled us out

Ohhh for sure many do it for the money which is disgusting!!
I’m not sure how much you get in Ireland but having had many friends foster in the UK, I can assure you they aren’t doing it for any financial gain! It cost them a fortune to change areas of their home just to pass the health and safety check to be allowed to foster. Definitely not for the faint hearted!

Do you need to get tests done before and then it’s 10 days over there for the actual fertility treatment or do you go before that and then go back again for it??
It depends. The first visit you’ll normally go for 2 or 3 days and do multiple investigations which can include a hysteroscopy or laparoscopy. For a full fresh cycle you’d need roughly 10 days between doing an egg collection and hopefully getting to day 5 transfer. If you’re only doing egg collection or an FET it would be less. You can do some of the tests here if easier as well ie for egg collection you need bloods done and an ECG dated within six months. For my last round I got the ECG done by my GP.

Reactions: 3
I know 3 familys locally that do it for the money they give the kids no stability its been reported to both tulsa and the guards although the guards took ot seriously tulsa on the other hand could give 2 monkeys, the kids running around the place at 11 at night there no older than 10 or 11, we looked into fostering but we got pregnant and that cancelled us out
Yep I know a pair of siblings who were raised by foster parents and basically ignored for their entire childhoods. They went zero contact with the foster parents as soon as they could.
Breaks my heart that there's plenty of people out there who'd make lovely foster parents and get turned down for silly reasons.

• Wow
Ah god I really feel for Olwyn on her own in Greece. I can see now why she leans on the Serum team so much

Reactions: 2
Ladies this is off topic but there’s a lot of people here that might offer me advice. Thinking of IVF, age 40 so it’s the route I need to take. Can anyone offer recommendations on a good clinic, who actually care and will give it the best tit? Not just out to grab all your money and be a number.
Gave you been trying for a while ?
IVF may not be first option

Ah god I really feel for Olwyn on her own in Greece. I can see now why she leans on the Serum team so much
Most of the women that go to serum end up travelling on their own for some/most of their trips. Even with a partner they usually don't have annual leave or alot may already have a child that they can't bring. It's the other girls in the whatapps that provide the support and laughs to get you through.

Anyone else feel like every single point on here is getting a direct response after this thread is being read? I'm glad she got 2 eggs but penny didn't know there were 2 eggs there. All they knew there was 2 follicles. She has no idea if the eggs are mature enough to fertilise and it was NOT a natural cycle. They used menopur to stimulate the follicles because they were too small🙄. The misinformation is driving me nuts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.