Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any thread on aine lynch? She is well over the 10k so should be allowed? I don't know how to set one up.. can anyone else?

Reactions: 3
Ah god I really feel for Olwyn on her own in Greece. I can see now why she leans on the Serum team so much
A lot of women travel alone and nearly all SMBC travel alone. I've done it multiple times. If you are planning to parent alone then travelling for treatment alone shouldn't be anything in comparison

Reactions: 6
Most of the women that go to serum end up travelling on their own for some/most of their trips. Even with a partner they usually don't have annual leave or alot may already have a child that they can't bring. It's the other girls in the whatapps that provide the support and laughs to get you through.

Anyone else feel like every single point on here is getting a direct response after this thread is being read? I'm glad she got 2 eggs but penny didn't know there were 2 eggs there. All they knew there was 2 follicles. She has no idea if the eggs are mature enough to fertilise and it was NOT a natural cycle. They used menopur to stimulate the follicles because they were too small🙄. The misinformation is driving me nuts.
I was thinking the same ! I know I spoke before about the misinformation she gave when saying she had two eggs. She's now saying that Dr Penny knew there was two eggs. There's no possible way to know that regardless of how good the doctor is. And also she didn't have a natural cycle. She was stimulated with menopur 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ for someone who has been through it as much as she has, you'd think she'd use the right terminology when giving out information on a public page. I don't want to keep going on about her as she's clearly struggling over there, but she needs to give out the right info when having a page like hers.

Reactions: 5
I was thinking the same ! I know I spoke before about the misinformation she gave when saying she had two eggs. She's now saying that Dr Penny knew there was two eggs. There's no possible way to know that regardless of how good the doctor is. And also she didn't have a natural cycle. She was stimulated with menopur 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ for someone who has been through it as much as she has, you'd think she'd use the right terminology when giving out information on a public page. I don't want to keep going on about her as she's clearly struggling over there, but she needs to give out the right info when having a page like hers.
Agreed. It's the misinformation portrayed as expert advice that I think most people struggle with. No one has ill feelings towards her. I've said it before, if she wants to share her journey then share it. If she was just sharing her journey though would she need to go through the whole process of "getting your own room to gown up in" (I would hope so!!) or "they move the bed and then you walk" and how to find your way around the hospital. That's an attempt at teaching people about the process, not sharing her story. What's she is doing (trying to do) is educate people on the process and that is two separate things and THAT is what is upsetting people because she is getting so much information wrong.

Olwyn - share your story, be proud of what you have achieved and the path that you are on, but if people want to get information on the procedure they can talk to a consultant.

Reactions: 7
She’s definitely reading here after she said she wasn’t going to.
Was just coming on to say the same. Every comment here addressed in her stories. I have no sympathy for her getting upset if she keeps reading comments that she doesn't like.
It just goes to validate the above comments if she has to go online and correct herself after reading them.

Reactions: 4
So obvious she's reading the comments here. We all grow our follicles. Stims can't magic up follicles from nowhere. They are all there on your scans before you you start meds. A natural cycle is NO stimulation whatsoever. I know lots of girls that did this with no meds. They hope the quality is better over quantity . That is a natural cycle. Having "just a trigger and Menopur" is stimulation and the drugs grow your follicles. If both your follicles were growing naturally then there would be no need for menopur. Obviously it was required. We all have a set number of follicles at the start of a cycle. Yours weren't "really big" they were the standard size of dominant follicles that are aspired during egg collection.
Trying to correct the misinformation and presenting it as fact is shocking. You have done this once. Its your 1st time so please stop trying to come accross as some fertility guru.
Time to unfollow before I get more annoyed. The staff in serum are lovely to everyone. Penny hugs all her patients. If I was thinking about going to serum for the 1st time I'd definitely be second guessing my choice watching all this 🙈

Reactions: 7
So obvious she's reading the comments here. We all grow our follicles. Stims can't magic up follicles from nowhere. They are all there on your scans before you you start meds. A natural cycle is NO stimulation whatsoever. I know lots of girls that did this with no meds. They hope the quality is better over quantity . That is a natural cycle. Having "just a trigger and Menopur" is stimulation and the drugs grow your follicles. If both your follicles were growing naturally then there would be no need for menopur. Obviously it was required. We all have a set number of follicles at the start of a cycle. Yours weren't "really big" they were the standard size of dominant follicles that are aspired during egg collection.
Trying to correct the misinformation and presenting it as fact is shocking. You have done this once. Its your 1st time so please stop trying to come accross as some fertility guru.
Time to unfollow before I get more annoyed. The staff in serum are lovely to everyone. Penny hugs all her patients. If I was thinking about going to serum for the 1st time I'd definitely be second guessing my choice watching all this 🙈
I second everything you mentioned. Just because the follicles were large doesn't mean they were going to definitely be viable. As you said, they were standard for aspiration. Also, does she actually know that the amount of follicles you have is in correlation to your AMH level? She was never going to get lots of follicles with a low AMH. She really doesn't absorb the information correct, so she shouldn't be passing on mis-information with such a confident tone. There most likely are women who are just starting out on their fertility journey or thinking of starting something soon that are actually believing her. She continues to just make a mess of the info, even when she thinks she's clearing things up.

Reactions: 3
When I went to the clinic at the very first appt the doctor did a primary school level explanation of conception, pulled out pen and paper and was drawing Fallopian tubes and everything. At the time I was wtf....now after seeing a lot of fertility accounts and reading a lot of message boards I've accepted that most people don't have much of a clue. That's why it's so infuriating seeing inaccurate info being put out there.

something i'd love to see Ollie talk about more is the effect of age on fertility potential. A lot of people could be following her and thinking that serum is the place to go for ivf so they'll save up and head over there next year or the year after, once they get the cash together.....but time is passing and their eggs and sperm aren't getting younger. And they are neglecting investigating the option of a clinic local to them which could maybe get them pregnant using iui or tsi or ovulation induction.

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure how much you get in Ireland but having had many friends foster in the UK, I can assure you they aren’t doing it for any financial gain! It cost them a fortune to change areas of their home just to pass the health and safety check to be allowed to foster. Definitely not for the faint hearted!
100% there are people doing it in Ireland for financial gain. Can only assume it’s more lucrative here, social welfare payment rates here are higher in general so is assume it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Can we direct the personal conversations about fertility journeys elsewhere please
where else is any use? Rollercoaster.ie had a pretty active message board, but it seems to be a lot quieter these days. Reddit has some good info, v American focused. Fertility friends is a uk message board. The HFEA in the uk has some good info on their website, esp the traffic light system categorising the add on treatments.

and there's always fertility hunz's dms - and all the influencers who were doing paid collabs with the clinics 😂.

there's such a lack of places to get unbiased info in Ireland. GPs don't get much (if any) fertility training. The clinics here have zero regulation, and there's no requirement to report their results.

its no wonder that the fertility huns can get so many followers and some begin to believe their own hype about being experts.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
where else is any use? Rollercoaster.ie had a pretty active message board, but it seems to be a lot quieter these days. Reddit has some good info, v American focused. Fertility friends is a uk message board. The HFEA in the uk has some good info on their website, esp the traffic light system categorising the add on treatments.

and there's always fertility hunz's dms - and all the influencers who were doing paid collabs with the clinics 😂.

there's such a lack of places to get unbiased info in Ireland. GPs don't get much (if any) fertility training. The clinics here have zero regulation, and there's no requirement to report their results.

its no wonder that the fertility huns can get so many followers and some begin to believe their own hype about being experts.
That doesn’t mean you can derail this thread? We’re here to talk about people on IG. Not ur experiences

Actually there are advice thread on here. You can use those!

Reactions: 2
If Penny was walking around saying "two eggs" when there was in fact just two follicles I think that is really irresponsible. Not everyone understands the difference (myself included until recently) so by calling them eggs it's false hope.

I had 42 follicles and even then my doctor was very much "hopefully there are viable eggs". It's irresponsible and the more I watch ollies stories the happier I become that I didnt go with Serum. I also think it's basically robbery encouraging someone to proceed with IVF with two follicles, after 2 double donor attempts.

It's sad and I do feel for Ollie too, even if I am incredibly frustrated by the incorrect medical lectures

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.