Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally think an Aine Lynch thread would be full of gushing 😊 I honestly have never seen a bad word said about her (rightly so!)
Is that because Áine Lynch never actually speaks on Instagram? She only spoke once or twice in the whole time I'm following her and I'm following her ages now. So people just stay neutral about her because she doesn't come on camera & speak.

If Penny was walking around saying "two eggs" when there was in fact just two follicles I think that is really irresponsible. Not everyone understands the difference (myself included until recently) so by calling them eggs it's false hope.

I had 42 follicles and even then my doctor was very much "hopefully there are viable eggs". It's irresponsible and the more I watch ollies stories the happier I become that I didnt go with Serum. I also think it's basically robbery encouraging someone to proceed with IVF with two follicles, after 2 double donor attempts.

It's sad and I do feel for Ollie too, even if I am incredibly frustrated by the incorrect medical lectures
I definitely don't think penny said that. I think Ollie is twisting it to suit her narrative and back track on what she previously said.

That said newer research is showing quality over quantity and milder stimulation is yielding higher results in cases of lower AMH and overall. I know quite a few who had failed NHS rounds with down reg and high stims / huge follicle counts and egg yields but lots of low quality embryos and failed rounds. Alot of clinics are moving towards a more gentle stimulation and getting better results.

Ollie was given all of the statistical chancescon own egg IVF. I think she originally did embryo adoption vs double donor which was an awful lot cheaper 3k vs over 6k. I'd say she was pushing trying own eggs due to money and because to the go fund me she now has the back up of double donor if own egg doesn't work so she had resources to give own egg a shot with a small percentage chance of sucess.

I also agree others following her will be very confused by it all. Fertility huns are generally followed by girls who are on or starting a Fertility journey ,alot of the time secretly so don't have friends or family to bounce questions or thoughts off making them more vunerable to incorrect information

Reactions: 5
That said newer research is showing quality over quantity and milder stimulation is yielding higher results in cases of lower AMH and overall. I know quite a few who had failed NHS rounds with down reg and high stims / huge follicle counts and egg yields but lots of low quality embryos and failed rounds. Alot of clinics are moving towards a more gentle stimulation and getting better results.
That's interesting! I didn't know that. I did always wonder if the stimulation was making good quality eggs. Very days a school day, as they say!

I do wonder if Serum will step in and speak to Ollie as she is trying to represent them as a business and I do think she's doing damage, unintentionally. I'm sure Serum have looked at paid promotion via social media before. Maybe know is the time to undo some damage.

I was surprised to see her nails done, my clinic was v strict about no nail polish, makeup etc for egg collection & embryo transfer.

Reactions: 1
Yea for both egg collection and transfer my clinic advised no smelly products at all. Shower the night before, then that morning a plain shower with no products. No shower gel, shampoo, deodorant, nail polish, make up. I just brought a wee bag with stuff to freshen up after. On day of transfer hubby couldn't use any products either as he was also in theatre too. But I have heard other clinics not being as strict.

Reactions: 1
Delighted to see she has 2 embryos, that’s good goin out of 2 follicles, hope they can hang on now for transfer.

Reactions: 9
I hadn't heard of day 2 but if the patient is older or the clinic has other concerns that the embryo mightnt make to today 3 or 5, maybe they are thinking not to risk it and just go for day 2. It's a nervous wait waiting for day 3 or 5. Ive done it a few times.

If I was Ollie I would hold out to day 3 or 5. Day 2 embryo doesnt really reveal quality. Only if makes past day 3 do you really know if it might make it to blastocyst stage. Transferring so early and then living in hope for the next 2 weeks is avoidable if you leave it longer to see if will make it to day 5. If it does then good chance it will result in a pregnancy, if it doesn't then you save yourself from hopes being dashed after waiting 2 weeks.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.