Irish Insta Fertility Huns

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies this is off topic but there’s a lot of people here that might offer me advice. Thinking of IVF, age 40 so it’s the route I need to take. Can anyone offer recommendations on a good clinic, who actually care and will give it the best tit? Not just out to grab all your money and be a number.
I went with Waterstones and they were amazing !

Reactions: 1
I’m attending Serum and while I would say they are very friendly and approachable they have also always been extremely professional in any interactions I’ve had with them. The whole baby daddy/best friend/family stuff she comes out with is bizarre and I would imagine totally one sided. I’d say she torments them. I’ve actually emailed serum to ask for some clarification on Olwyns role. Is she some sort of ambassador for them? I’m back there soon for egg collection and don’t feel comfortable going into the clinic if she is going to be there filming. The way she was commenting that the doctor was hot while he was scanning her was shocking! That’s sexual harassment. Imagine that doctor had of said that to her!?

Reactions: 11
Ladies this is off topic but there’s a lot of people here that might offer me advice. Thinking of IVF, age 40 so it’s the route I need to take. Can anyone offer recommendations on a good clinic, who actually care and will give it the best tit? Not just out to grab all your money and be a number.
It's expensive anywhere but I recommend Therapie Fertility in Carrickmines.

I don’t recommend Repromed Galway, I’d steer clear if you have other options.

Reactions: 2
Depending where your at. If north of Ireland your options are RFC (th NHS clinic but they also do private patients). Belfast fertility but I've heard lots of awful reports of their patient care. Then In-Ovo. I'd personally recommend In-Ovo, have experience with them myself and have nothing but good to say about them. If south of Ireland you have lots of options.

Although I'm not at IVF stage, I attend Waterstones and find them amazing. Have one child already through their help and my brother has two IVF children through them. I don't believe they are just out for money (in my experience) and won't do anything if it doesn't look viable.

I’m attending Serum and while I would say they are very friendly and approachable they have also always been extremely professional in any interactions I’ve had with them. The whole baby daddy/best friend/family stuff she comes out with is bizarre and I would imagine totally one sided. I’d say she torments them. I’ve actually emailed serum to ask for some clarification on Olwyns role. Is she some sort of ambassador for them? I’m back there soon for egg collection and don’t feel comfortable going into the clinic if she is going to be there filming. The way she was commenting that the doctor was hot while he was scanning her was shocking! That’s sexual harassment. Imagine that doctor had of said that to her!?
I enjoy following Olwyn’s journey but I agree it’s uncomfortable when she gushes about her doctor. It’s not appropriate and even though he laughs along, I can assure you it is making him feel every bit as uncomfortable as we feel.

Reactions: 3
Although I'm not at IVF stage, I attend Waterstones and find them amazing. Have one child already through their help and my brother has two IVF children through them. I don't believe they are just out for money (in my experience) and won't do anything if it doesn't look viable.
This is how I feel about In-Ovo too. They actually care and have advised me against things I've suggested as he's just been totally honest and wants the best. I was desperate at a point and would have paid for any extra to help but the consultant was totally honest and didn't take our money for the sake of it

Ollie still going on about tattle this morning and followers who tried to join and post here couldn't sending her the screenshot of the post saying they couldn't. I'll tell you the reason I personally post here on tattle threads like this, none of my friends are at a stage in life where they might be considering fertility treatment as a single woman so I follow some on Instagram and discuss on this thread as I can't discuss with my friends who know nothing on subject or follow same people.

While I do wish Ollie the very best in her journey parts of what and how she shares I have issue with and clearly others do too. I don't think she would cope well at all if all who had issues came directly to her and said what we thought. We would surely then be called bullies or worse. So we choose to come to tattle and share our opinions anonymously. Ollie doesn't have to look here where in her dms she couldn't escape it. So think about it, what is the kinder action here Ollie?

We might be strangers who follow her out of choice but I can guarantee some people she calls friends have the same opinions as us and are talking behind her back in the very same way.
At the end of the day Ollie is going to do what she's gonna do regardless of what's said here and that's fine but we can still have our opinions too.

Reactions: 7
it's hard to get a truely unbiased opinion as what I love about a clinic could be something you'd hate - and if you get the take home ivf baby then the rose tinted glasses are defo on.

location and what transport options you have is important, if you're trying to squeeze 8am appts in before work it's different than if you have more time flexibility.

if you have private health insurance check if it covers you for any clinic in particular.

success rates aren't necessarily a good way to compare clinics as some clinics will refuse more patients than others (eg merrion won't treat over a certain bmi).

i'd suggest having initial consultations with more than one clinic, and see how you feel about their vibe and style. Also ask lots of questions, use this thread if you want - lots of us here habe been through it and can remember how daunting it could feel trying to figure it out at the start

I'm a former Serum patient, and yes they are lovely and treat you well and all are very friendly, but it's really down to the patient and how they present themselves and interact. Penny is lovely but sometimes I think they are all too nice so they would never tell anyone they are being too over familiar and crossed the line. This is where the problem lies, lines get blurred and some women in a, lets face it, vulnerable position, might not know where to draw the line. Especially if you have no direct support system. Yes Ollie has friends etc, and tries to make friends with other Serum ladies, but it's not the same. She is relying too much on Penny and team. I have been in those very scanning rooms with those very Dr's, and I am absolutely mortified about the way she is "joking" around with them. Someone in Serum needs to have a gentle chat with her and explain that she cannot continue like this. It really doesn't reflect well on the clinic. Yes Ladies wanted to be treated with respect and care, but also want to have confidence that the clinic is 100% professional at all times.

I feel bad for her and wish her the best. Penny was the same with me, encouraging to use own eggs time after time but after many many rounds we parted ways with them as I felt we were just wasting valuable time and money. And it is hard to walk away from them when they have been so nice, but I think that also maybe a crucial business practice for them.

Moved to another clinic, again very nice but by god you wouldn't get away with that behaviour there.

Reactions: 4
Ollie still going on about tattle this morning and followers who tried to join and post here couldn't sending her the screenshot of the post saying they couldn't. I'll tell you the reason I personally post here on tattle threads like this, none of my friends are at a stage in life where they might be considering fertility treatment as a single woman so I follow some on Instagram and discuss on this thread as I can't discuss with my friends who know nothing on subject or follow same people.

While I do wish Ollie the very best in her journey parts of what and how she shares I have issue with and clearly others do too. I don't think she would cope well at all if all who had issues came directly to her and said what we thought. We would surely then be called bullies or worse. So we choose to come to tattle and share our opinions anonymously. Ollie doesn't have to look here where in her dms she couldn't escape it. So think about it, what is the kinder action here Ollie?

We might be strangers who follow her out of choice but I can guarantee some people she calls friends have the same opinions as us and are talking behind her back in the very same way.
At the end of the day Ollie is going to do what she's gonna do regardless of what's said here and that's fine but we can still have our opinions too.
I agree, she can’t accept criticism whether it’s here or in her DMs. She has a public page with a large following which she has benefited from financially. That comes with responsibility. If you do something wrong people are going to call you out. She can’t play the ditsy card and expect people to just leave her off.

Her thread here was relatively quiet since she discovered tattle until someone called her out on filming in the hospital. She could of came of her stories and said guys I’m so sorry I wasn’t thinking when I filmed in the hospital. I have removed the stories and won’t film there again and left it at that. People would of really respected that. Instead she went on the defensive ranting about how she’s entitled to film where she wants and anyone who disagrees with her is a troll. It just made her look very immature and selfish and now this thread is very active with lots of criticism of her. She is her own worst enemy.

Reactions: 13
I'm a former Serum patient, and yes they are lovely and treat you well and all are very friendly, but it's really down to the patient and how they present themselves and interact. Penny is lovely but sometimes I think they are all too nice so they would never tell anyone they are being too over familiar and crossed the line. This is where the problem lies, lines get blurred and some women in a, lets face it, vulnerable position, might not know where to draw the line. Especially if you have no direct support system. Yes Ollie has friends etc, and tries to make friends with other Serum ladies, but it's not the same. She is relying too much on Penny and team. I have been in those very scanning rooms with those very Dr's, and I am absolutely mortified about the way she is "joking" around with them. Someone in Serum needs to have a gentle chat with her and explain that she cannot continue like this. It really doesn't reflect well on the clinic. Yes Ladies wanted to be treated with respect and care, but also want to have confidence that the clinic is 100% professional at all times.

I feel bad for her and wish her the best. Penny was the same with me, encouraging to use own eggs time after time but after many many rounds we parted ways with them as I felt we were just wasting valuable time and money. And it is hard to walk away from them when they have been so nice, but I think that also maybe a crucial business practice for them.

Moved to another clinic, again very nice but by god you wouldn't get away with that behaviour there.
Honestly it would make me think twice about attending Serum if they didn't have a quiet word with her. It reflects very badly especially because people are paying for a professional servuce

Reactions: 8
People have their opinion, rightly or wrongly but tattle life happens in person, in text, in fb messages, in group chats, at nights out. It is an opinion. It crosses the line is when people get involved and contact police, health officials, employers etc. but if it’s just a sharing of opinion then it is the same as if your very best friend or your nosy neighbour gave their honest opinion (of course they don’t!). Ollie strikes me as being very vulnerable and someone that has been a victim or played a victim. She is very easy to cry and report when she feels she is being attacked. She has no one to blame for it all but herself. She chose to put herself out there to the public. Overshares a lot of insecurities to people who do not know her. She has drawn attention to this page which means her followers could find out they also agree or want to share their opinion. Fuel to the fire if you ask me.
I do wish her all the best but I think the best thing would be to not share online if she finds it hard already.

I have been thinking that it is irresponsible of serum to advising using her own eggs. After all that stimulation she only has two follicles. Why haven't they moved to trigger and IUI to not waste them and her money!? I know it only takes one but that's a lot to pin on two follicles, that need to have viable eggs, that fertilise properly and make it to 5 days!! The % is so low and this is her last shot. Are serum taking advantage? I wondered that she went all the way there for the aqua scan. I had all those tests done in Ireland for a fraction of the cost.

Shes not getting the right advice and I think serum have a lot to answer for here.

Reactions: 5
I have been thinking that it is irresponsible of serum to advising using her own eggs. After all that stimulation she only has two follicles. Why haven't they moved to trigger and IUI to not waste them and her money!? I know it only takes one but that's a lot to pin on two follicles, that need to have viable eggs, that fertilise properly and make it to 5 days!! The % is so low and this is her last shot. Are serum taking advantage? I wondered that she went all the way there for the aqua scan. I had all those tests done in Ireland for a fraction of the cost.

Shes not getting the right advice and I think serum have a lot to answer for here.
I totally agree with you on the fact that they are going ahead with two follicles... very low number when they have so much chance to fall off by day 5.

I know she said she'll go double donor in that case, but it's a lot to pin your hopes on, get over any disappointment and get your head around double donor in such a short space of time. Especially with all the additional hormones. Fingers crossed for her it doesn't go that way...

Also, she was saying earlier she saw the people in Serum as her family. Regardless if this works or not, she will be losing that attachment to them very soon. Also a lot for her to cope with

Reactions: 7
I agree, she can’t accept criticism whether it’s here or in her DMs. She has a public page with a large following which she has benefited from financially. That comes with responsibility. If you do something wrong people are going to call you out. She can’t play the ditsy card and expect people to just leave her off.

Her thread here was relatively quiet since she discovered tattle until someone called her out on filming in the hospital. She could of came of her stories and said guys I’m so sorry I wasn’t thinking when I filmed in the hospital. I have removed the stories and won’t film there again and left it at that. People would of really respected that. Instead she went on the defensive ranting about how she’s entitled to film where she wants and anyone who disagrees with her is a troll. It just made her look very immature and selfish and now this thread is very active with lots of criticism of her. She is her own worst enemy.
tattle serves a purpose for her - lots of engagement with her live complaining about this, probably loads of positive attention for her as a victim, followers sending her money to get herself a treat to cheer herself up.....and if the cycle doesn't work it'll all be the fault of us witches here for not being #positivevibes. I won't be surprised if we hear her on a radio show talking about online bullying.

she was 100% reading here for a long time before she filmed that live. She used to address things that were mentioned on here, and then smirk at the camera with a bit of a that'll tell them attitude.

the insta live blow up happened after the conversation here about her plans to try and "adopt" an orphan from abroad by faking a move to that country to work around the hse not approving her to adopt. There'd also been a tangential conversation about bmi, and truely it wasn't a witch about her, we were talking about ppl losing weight before treatment and sharing our experiences. I don't know if it was the weight talk or the shock at her child trafficking plans that triggered her.

Just to add to what I said above there - it's probable that the energy Ol spends looking here and talking about here to her followers isn't a conscious choice. Sometimes the patterns we follow in our lives are formed from habit and we stick with what feels familiar -regardless of whether it's good for us or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.