Ireland - any stories from growing up?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My son is doing exam assessments this week. They have to be approved beforehand. I guess teachers have to confirm that they taught the topic? For my History leaving cert exam, there was a question: write an essay on Randolph Churchill (Winston's father). The only fact I could recall our teacher telling us was that he died from VD!. Fortunately it was multiple choice, so I got to write an essay on another topic. And I passed!

Reactions: 2
Anyone in the North remember Julian who presented corrie etc coming on in the evenings?

When I was younger, about 10 maybe... mum, dad, my brother and me were in the car and came to the traffic lights, my dad saw Julian walking down the street with his wee briefcase... my dad wound the window and shouted out ''Julian!!'', wee Julian looked after all smiles and waved, then my dad shouts out ''Ye bastard ye!'' and drove on :ROFLMAO: Poor Julian was standing there the mouth wide open, then laugh and smiled as we drove on.. swear my dad only meant it in Jest :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I donโ€™t care what anyone says that man is a modern day leprechaun ๐Ÿ˜…

• Haha
Saw bits of the Late Late Show on the app. Saw the Jedward guys shave their hair off, in memory of their Mum who died of cancer; to raise cash for the Daffodil cancer charity. Nice to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone in the North remember Julian who presented corrie etc coming on in the evenings?

When I was younger, about 10 maybe... mum, dad, my brother and me were in the car and came to the traffic lights, my dad saw Julian walking down the street with his wee briefcase... my dad wound the window and shouted out ''Julian!!'', wee Julian looked after all smiles and waved, then my dad shouts out ''Ye bastard ye!'' and drove on :ROFLMAO: Poor Julian was standing there the mouth wide open, then laugh and smiled as we drove on.. swear my dad only meant it in Jest :LOL:
This has actually made my night, I can't stop laughing ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Julian is so much of my childhood, coming home from school, and the UTV news would be on....another bomb in NI, we became desensitised to it all. Awful really.

My late Mum swore Julian was in a relationship with Joe Dolan, the singer from Mullingar.

• Haha
Julian is so much of my childhood, coming home from school, and the UTV news would be on....another bomb in NI, we became desensitised to it all. Awful really.

My late Mum swore Julian was in a relationship with Joe Dolan, the singer from Mullingar.
I don't think Joe ever came out of the closet,didn't want to lose his fanbase ...yes we're desensitised to a lot of stuff didn't really see it until reading peoples views on things on here ,

Reactions: 1
I don't think Joe ever came out of the closet,didn't want to lose his fanbase ...yes we're desensitised to a lot of stuff didn't really see it until reading peoples views on things on here ,
My sister used to work in a hotel where Joe used to have his shows quite a lot. Joe wasn't particularly fussy and was very happy to entertain both male and females it seems. He had a regular, one of the ladies behind the bar at the hotel, but was ' full of love for everyone'

• Haha
Reactions: 3