Ireland - any stories from growing up?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sorry if this has been mentioned before-

I'm from the north, does anyone remember on a Sunday evening sitting down for your dinner and School Around the Corner with Frank Mitchell would be on, followed by School Choir of the year then we were bathed ready for school the next morning and we always knew it was time to go to sleep when you heard the Heartbeat theme tune play on the TV
A girl I worked with son appeared it ,Frank's retiring shortly.

What do you do when you have a sibling who is bonkers about the Catholic religion, continually having Masses said for dead family members. Charging all these masses to the parents estate, hundreds and hundreds of euros. Local priest is very happy to take all the money off her. She is executor on parents will. & that isn't even the half of it! I would laugh if it was not so sad, it is like something out of Father Ted....

• Sad
Reactions: 2
You could always contest it ? that's exactly what's happening with a friend of mine atm her mum left her a property and her siblings have contested the will as they want their cut of it even though they never looked near their mother, my friend put her life on hold to care for her .

You could always contest it ? that's exactly what's happening with a friend of mine atm her mum left her a property and her siblings have contested the will as they want their cut of it even though they never looked near their mother, my friend put her life on hold to care for her .
I am thinking of getting a solicitor, as she is putting thousands and thousands of pounds through as expenses. Which i know is illegal as an executor. Part of me thinks let it go, then another part of me thinks this is my money/inheritance that I need to help put my kids through uni. Also, I feel so sad if my parents knew this. Feeling so confused and conflicted. Thanks.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I am thinking of getting a solicitor, as she is putting thousands and thousands of pounds through as expenses. Which i know is illegal as an executor. Part of me thinks let it go, then another part of me thinks this is my money/inheritance that I need to help put my kids through uni. Also, I feel so sad if my parents knew this. Feeling so confused and conflicted. Thanks.
If you think she's filtering the money away then you would be better seeking legal advice asap as they can put things on hold until things are either sorted between you or in court if it comes to that .

If you think she's filtering the money away then you would be better seeking legal advice asap as they can put things on hold until things are either sorted between you or in court if it comes to that .
Thank you, yes I think I will do this. My sister is in Ireland and I'm in the UK, which makes it more difficult. It is stressing me out so much i cannot sleep!

Reactions: 1
Thank you, yes I think I will do this. My sister is in Ireland and I'm in the UK, which makes it more difficult. It is stressing me out so much i cannot sleep!
I'm sure a solicitor would be able to point you in the right direction regardless ,there must be some way round it ? even look up online there's bound to be some info until you get to speak to a solicitor..good luck .

I'm from the north, does anyone remember on a Sunday evening sitting down for your dinner and School Around the Corner with Frank Mitchell would be on, followed by School Choir of the year then we were bathed ready for school the next morning and we always knew it was time to go to sleep when you heard the Heartbeat theme tune play on the TV
this was my life too😂

my brother was on school around the corner 😂😂 still laugh, must dig out the tape hahaha

• Haha

I was always raging our school went on it the year after I moved into first year so I was really upset because I would have been on it for being in the choir, haha saying that I only joined the Choir to get out of class on go on trips to the wee nursing home etc at Christmas and get sweets, haven't a note in my head 😂

what about Frank's weather watchers and you would have to guess his clue to find out where the town or village would be but they would always be really shite clues 😂

• Haha
I was always raging our school went on it the year after I moved into first year so I was really upset because I would have been on it for being in the choir, haha saying that I only joined the Choir to get out of class on go on trips to the wee nursing home etc at Christmas and get sweets, haven't a note in my head 😂

what about Frank's weather watchers and you would have to guess his clue to find out where the town or village would be but they would always be really shite clues 😂
did anyone ever really join the choir to actually sing?? hahaha I definitely did the same, only to get out of class and go on trips😂😂

• Haha
did anyone ever really join the choir to actually sing?? hahaha I definitely did the same, only to get out of class and go on trips😂😂
Did the same in secondary school... also did it so I could get a badge for my pinafore in secondary school. Thought i was the best thing since sliced bread... 😂 Loved them wee trips to the nursing home & getting to leave class early, like some celeb 😂 stood there miming thinking I was unreal.

• Haha
Oh my god I forgot about this!!!! They were so shite 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have just watched the Barry McGuigan interview on the Late Late Show about losing his daughter. Desperately sorry for him.

• Sad
Anyone else....
so if your from a small village like myself you know AT LEAST one family who have fallen out over land. Like no talk atall!!
I actually know of a family who haven’t spoken for three generations over a piece of land imagine like not talking to your cousins aunt uncles and ya not even alive when the uproar began 😂

Does anyone remember the Farmers Journal? I remember the classified ads under the lonely hearts section. It was generally: lonely farmer wants to meet teacher or nurse, must have own car!! Hilarious...
I actually had to reply to this thread with this picture becuase you won’t believe me other wise! I did ag science for the LC so we got Farmers journal every week for class, we always read the lonely heart section and seen this one day 😂😂 now iv scribbled out some words as it might be reviewed as racial but this man was looking for a particular race! Imagine this is only 5 years ago and it still printed!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha