Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #13 Consciously uncoupled from reality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
he's enjoying it a bit too much

Where's an eye roll reaction emoji when you need it.
In my own reality Perez Hulton fell back down his troll hole years ago and got buried under his own bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I am actually proud that she quieted down today, yo. Should I rent Harrow, Liar, Forever, or all of the above? Also I haven’t done a goddamn shred of work today and I predict tomorrow will be the same so y’all better stay up late tonight and share more insight I love it.

View attachment 878726
Forever is a gem, Liar is okay (he's good in it), no idea about Harrow: the bits I saw seem pretty overacted and cringe but I've barely seen it lol

Reactions: 2
Just don't click on / share Perez Hilton, banish him to his well-deserved irrelevance imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t think I read the main FM comments too much but the person that winds the ever living tit out of me is RDinLondon. God I can not stand her. She just doesn’t stop arguing useless points then when she can’t she puts up a stupid giphy, like that proves your point.
She’s an absolute knob jockey

Reactions: 5
I couldn't get into Liar. I didn't think his acting was strong in it (I only watched the first episode, though). It felt a bit like he was acting too hard. The show didn't agree with my ADHD - it took about 4 hours of trying to get through the first episode so I watched a summary of the rest. It's popular though, so definitely give it a go.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
he's enjoying it a bit too much

“Most Epic Split of 2021” lmao when your friends use connotatively positive adjectives to address your strife they are actually not your friends.

I couldn't get into Liar. I didn't think his acting was strong in it (I only watched the first episode, though). It felt a bit like he was acting too hard. The show didn't agree with my ADHD - it took about 4 hours of trying to get through the first episode so I watched a summary of the rest. It's popular though, so definitely give it a go.
Fellow ADHD pal over here! Hm, if I do watch I’ll do so cautiously, then…

Reactions: 8
That sucks, sorry to hear that. ( I thought he was good in it.)

I'd like to point out that IG is not responsible for AE's response to his Insta post. She is responsible for her own behaviour. It is not a normal or measured response either. For all we know, he did try to tell her through the Wizard that he had a new partner. He may have told the little E before he left for France. He may have been unable to tell big E as she won't speak to him. I now think he posted that because it was the only way he could tell her he was moving on and make it stick. I hope her Twitter silence is because he is back in town early and has the girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'd like to point out that IG is not responsible for AE's response to his Insta post. She is responsible for her own behaviour. It is not a normal or measured response either.
I agree but I also think he must have had an inkling of the reaction it would provoke. Like I've said, I just think it was a bad idea to do it when he couldn't get back to see his kids in person for a few weeks afterwards.
ETA love your username, Rosalind is my favourite Shakespearean heroine (comedy department).

• Heart
I watched the first series couldn't get into the second one though

Reactions: 3
What a coincidence. Today I was feeling sick. So tonight, since I'm feeling better, but still in bed, I thought I would look for a movie. On Amazon Prime, I see this movie listed, "Solomon & Gaenor." I just now started it, and right in the beginning whose name pops up first across the screen? Ioan Gruffudd. How crazy is that? Even when I watched Liar, I didn't know his name. Since the Alice Reality Show, I now know his name. The movie is from 2000. He's so young.

Reactions: 6
On Amazon Prime, I see this movie listed, "Solomon & Gaenor."
It is one of my absolute favorite films, tbh. I don’t normally buy DVDs but I had to get that one. I had the ending stuck in my mind for DAYS after.

Please enjoy it—it’s a touching tragedy.

Reactions: 2
Despite everything they went through to get their daughters, in that photo someone posted of Ioan holding newborn Ella Alice seems more concerned about making sure Ioan is firmly attached to her as her possession than her baby. I wonder if she saw the children as something that would forever tie them together - and in her mind that he could never leave now?
I couldn’t agree more! In addition to “look everyone I have IG’s baby and you don’t.” What sort of new parent is acting like that? She looks a complete fool! Even IG looks uncomfortable.
I posted these photos and it was my biggest clue about the true nature of AE, put together with every other clue, particularly the Sm posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Also btw I hear that often, about Ioan “over-acting” a little and I wonder if it’s him or if his costars just…aren’t acting enough? Idk I LOVED Hornblower but there were def a few actors/actresses/extras that could have been replaced with people who could really put their heart into the performance. I sound biased, don’t I. I mean I am def a Ioan fan and would sacrifice all 12 of my imaginary testicles in his honor but I’m tryna be objective about this.

Sorry, I don’t mean to escape too far, it’s just a bit quiet in here rn.
There are some actors where I watch them and they're so natural I totally forget I'm watching a contrived scene. I'd say most of the stuff I watch feels like that which makes it stand out more when it feels a bit phony. I don't know if I'd call it overacting or what - but it's like I can almost see them holding a script, practicing different ways of saying the lines, thinking about where they're moving, what they're doing with their hands, acting out a reaction. It's just like I can 'see' them acting and it doesn't feel real. I watched IG's cameo in Horrible Bosses the other day and didn't get that feeling at all, but I got it from his performance in Liar. It was too 'acty'.
Like instead of really listening to other person and reacting in the moment, they're waiting for the other person to finish their line so they can say theirs. (Look at me sounding like I know what I'm talking about - I don't! haha!)
Sorry if that makes no sense.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.