Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tabitha D

VIP Member
The fact that Ioan has had the chaperone present all along reminds me that he’s known from the beginning that there is no depth too low for Alice to sink. It’s kind of surprising that he’s been as patient as he has with his legal strategy, given that he seems to have always known it was going to come to false abuse allegations.

edit—maybe it was a case of “hope for the best, plan for the worst.”
Remember when he first left? He apparently fled with only the clothes on his back, leaving all his stuff behind. It was about a year before he was “allowed” to go back to pick up his things - it had to be agreed through lawyers that Alice was away for a few days, and Ioan had a police chaperone when he picked up his stuff.
That is the sort of person he’s dealing with. He couldn’t be alone with Alice because he feared what she would do or accuse him of. And now she can’t see him because of the DVRO so she has handed this role to her daughter.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Marj24

VIP Member
It would not be that unlikely that a tall tantruming teenager rampaging around an apartment, opening cupboards and fridges to find food and drink to throw around, might accidentally bruise themselves.

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
Interesting that he never takes any notice of what she says, but when she doesn’t like Iris he finds someone else to chaperone
Honestly, if not spoiling kids these days is 'child abuse' then Ella's generation are truly fucked.

I think the psychologist was there to evaluate Ella and Elsie as the mother is still sabotaging therapy.

• Heart

Mad Betty

VIP Member
This is about her original pain.

Her father dared to find love again after her mother died and he cut her off cold when she abused him and his second wife. She is forcing her daughter to repeat the cycle.

Abuse/threaten your father, make him choose you over her, and if he refuses and cuts you off? We can both hate our fathers together for abandoning us for those witches.

It's so clear what's happening and it doesn't make it any less horrible.

MOO.

• Sad
  • Sick

Boring Monday

VIP Member
it would help matters to have someone the girls know and trust? am thinking this old guy not known to the girls didn’t help the situation. I canimagine there were some anxieties over the overnight stay after such a long time.

the girls have a right to be heard, too many children in this world have no voice.
But this gentleman (age unknown) was brought in to accommodate the fact she didn’t like the previous chaperone, that she did know.

I mean, it’s a huge ask for anyone to put themselves in that situation. I can’t imagine volunteers were beating a path.

The fact that an independent observer is needed, shows just how abnormal the situation is.

• Heart

MarmiteMonster

VIP Member
Can you imagine him calling his kid a gaslighter?

Clearly the words narcissist and gaslighting are terms the child is very familiar with. Apart from wolf boy who uses these terms regularly?

Reactions: 50

Diamonds60

VIP Member
A chaperone is definitely sensible but this was an elderly man, for the girls potentially a very uncomfortable atmosphere.

I do think Ioan was trying to be sensible having a psychologist there, but him being an old man was a bit clumsy.
Ella says 70-80 years old I think. Imagine if the poor guy is 55 Lol
Also I doubt the man was a friend. He was likely hired professional which I doubt would be 80 years old

• Haha

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
I really miss the good old days of A sharts, instapol, and Marjorie. Before we found out that things were much more ominous than we expected. I wish I hadn’t become so invested because this isn’t funny at all. That and I can’t watch Hornblower or Forever anymore and I loved those series.

• Heart
  • Sad

MarmiteMonster

VIP Member
I don’t see how, at this stage, Ioan cannot expect the girls to be around Bianca. He’s going for 50 / 50 custody. Alice may lose custody altogether - he had to try and make it work. He should not have to choose between his partner and his children.

• Heart

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
So she wants a RO because he’s being a father and instilling discipline and respect. Fuck that. That will never hold any water. Not. A. Jot.

• Heart

welp

VIP Member
it would help matters to have someone the girls know and trust? am thinking this old guy not known to the girls didn’t help the situation. I canimagine there were some anxieties over the overnight stay after such a long time.

the girls have a right to be heard, too many children in this world have no voice.
Ioan had before this a chaperone they knew and she made them "uncomfortable" too.

anyone would make them because they are witnesses to the real story

• Heart

Noseyparker86

I haven’t commented on here in a long time but I just had to say I did not think all those threads ago when I mentioned Betty Broderick it would be heading that way quite so quickly. AE needs to be sectioned so she can get the treatment she so desperately needs but unfortunately we all know it’s hopeless when it comes to narcs.

• Heart

ButterTart

VIP Member
I don’t know how relevant this is, but it occurred to me that the walking out (almost certainly led by Ella rather than Elsie) is giving Ella a great deal of attention from her Dad. An argument, a stand-off then her walking home while he follows behind to keep her safe. She is angry with him for leaving and probably also angry with him for (as she sees it) turning her mother into an insufferable nightmare. Negative attention is better than no attention. So Ella continues to rinse and repeat. Only this time Alice saw an opportunity and seized it. I actually feel so bad for Ella.
I don’t think Alice saw an opportunity. I think she created and stage managed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Lotus Flower

When children’s brains are fully developed they can decide what jobs they can manage and we can also choose to leave a workplace at any time we want to and find another one if it’s affecting us. This attitude of making children do things when they’re young to get ‘ready’ for adulthood is antiquated. They will do things when they’re ready, if they’re fully supported and mature enough, not before. If Ella doesn’t want to see Bianca, then she shouldn’t.
It’s not appropriate to allow a child to opt out of having any relationship whatsoever with a step parent, and let’s face it, Ioan is proceeding as if he plans to make Bianca their stepmother. After the child is 18 and moves out of the house, they can choose not to interact with the step parent any longer, but it’s not their decision to make when they’re minors. Many kids of divorced parents harbor secret wishes that their parents will get back together, and view the step parent as an obstacle to that happening. Many kids, if given a choice, would prefer not to have to incorporate a step parent into the family. And as adults, most of them have the maturity to look back and be glad they had to do so anyway, because when the people involved are psychologically healthy and prioritize the kids’ best interest, the kid’ lives are enriched by having another caring adult involved. It’s just not reasonable to allow a child 2.5+ years into her father’s new live in relationship to refuse to acknowledge her existence.

• Heart

CookieMonsta

VIP Member
The Mail used her insta pic in the body of the story (cut it short as it scares me!)
View attachment 2224791
I know it's an old, old, (centuries-old-dinosaurs-roaming-the-earth-old) photo but it pissed me off that she posted one where she looks so damn smug. It makes me want to cover her in mustard and roll her in dried oats, roll her up in milk stained bed sheets and roll her into the sea.

• Haha