Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #94 Covid negative, but positively desperate for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually can imagine the letter now

"As even respondent's side agrees the status of my career is uncertain ("your career is over"), I thus followed respondent's advice and I am attempting to have a 2nd career (as a director), for this I will give myself a deadline of one year"

(now watch this being true and I'm getting accused of being Bianca lmao)

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This is why media blackouts are recommended to each party when a divorce is acrimonious. I can't tell you how many times I have told people that people on Twitter are not your friends and this is a form of entertainment for them. I wish she would hire a professional to aid with her mental health. It seems she has no one in her life who is willing to really intervene or maybe she has alienated them all. Unfortunately I have seen this so many times...he has clearly moved on and she can't.
She has 3 therapists apparently.
She lost 3 RL friends apparently - the ones who were willing to intervene.
I also don't think she has any professional prospects to ruin. A job is beneath her anyway or she can't do one as she is an invalid she says.
She never will move on either. I can see her bitching about him 20 years from now.

Alice is not normal and her behaviour never was or will be. At 53 I don't see that changing.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Pretty brutal really. But she handled it really well.
Can't help imagine how Alice would have reacted...
Screaming histrionics, and she’d put it on IG immediately with a running commentary on how she was being victimised, how horrible it was, and it wasn’t her fault at all πŸ₯Ή

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Jesus. Where am I adamant that he is turning down work? How the hell would I know if he is turning down work? I am reciting the facts as we know them and my own experience of divorce.
THIS is what I did say.
Alice said Ioan is taking a year's sabbatical.
It appears that Ioan might be on a lengthy sabbatical. He is taking time out of paid work to do Bianca's film and is out of the country on a well-deserved break.
It appears Alice was telling the truth for once.
It was suggested by someone else here that good attorneys will advise a client to reduce their earnings to protect their assets.
I said he had a track record of 3 years of solid work for calculations to be made.
I said IF he is taking a sabbatical and as someone here suggested seeking to appear to have reduced earnings it COULD be seen as him trying to reduce payments particularly IF it can be proved that he is turning down work or not actively seeking work and a judge won't look favourably on that.
Plenty of actors and people in the entertainment industry go for long periods without work, Ioan went for 2 years when he couldn't get any work, that is why they are so well paid when they do work, to cover the times when they don't. There is a difference between involuntary and voluntary unemployment particularly when you are slap bang in the middle of divorce negotiations

I for one am not pushing a 'false narrative of "Ioan is getting out of paying what he should". I was responding to the person who said good attorneys will advise clients to protect their assets by working less. I haven't said he doesn't provide for his family and I have said if he can't pay for private school he can't pay. For some reason you are putting an 'anti-Ioan' spin on it
Nope, you're the one putting that spin on it. I'm just responding to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
One of the best things about living in America in my opinion is there sense of optimism as a collective. People are given the opportunity to change and take new opportunities. Now whether they take them well that's up to them. Also it's the place to be for second acts. People who I thought would be definitively over, weren't. But on the massive downside is its outrageous health costs that as you age you just think I pray I am not seriously ill or have an accident as it would ruin me. It can feel you live in some end stage capitalism. It's ruthlessly individualistic. I wonder if Alice would come back to the UK or if IG would allow her to take the girls. I don't know. Objectively I think she would be better off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
which is an odd thing to brag about. considering that his career nosedived when they married and when they met he was one of the most promising young actors.

Well, guess her telling him to fire managers who cant get him roles was good, but the whole "I promoted him" is the joke of the year: all she did was posting intrusive and mostly clearly not approved pictures of him to get the most important thing in her life: Likes. And the FB group she pushed also costed him more fans than promoting him (it made those who werent bullied feel special I guess)
I bet that Alice harassed and nagged Ioan so much, he lost his self confidence, self esteem, and faith in his own judgement. His career and popularity tanked under her influence. She destroyed Ioanonline and the LotF, costing him his fanbase. Alice was probably a pain to his co stars and industry figures. A nightmare to deal with. Not the smartest in the room by any account.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I have perfect reading comprehension skills, thanks. But I appreciate your concern.
My only concern is that you continue to misrepresent me as 'anti-Ioan'. I am not questioning your reading comprehension skills, I am remarking on your negative bias to literally any and every comment I make.

Reactions: 2
I bloody love it 😍❀
So do I @welshfitnessgirl. What a lovely photo of a couple, happy, relaxed, and enjoying life.

In Family Court in particular the judge wants to see both sides reach an agreement. They often will employ mediators, counsellors and set up a verifiable parenting plan through our Family App Wizard. The goal is to set up a working co parenting plan. If the family can't come to a co parenting plan themselves that's when it's monitored etc and a parent will get prosecuted if they try to interfere in the other parents custody time. One of the biggest impediments to this is social media.

Regarding IGs earnings it can be interpreted a few ways I think. They want to keep him still working and earning and to keep his profile up for potential directors and casting directors but if he goes over a certain amount earnings wise then it may be beneficial for him to work less. In divorce courts things tend not to be viewed innocuously even though they often are. Him taking time off after a tumultuous personal life is obviously beneficial to him and his mental state.
Ioan tried all this, to no avail. Alice refused to go down the collaborative route, as detailed here in the Wiki.

Reactions: 11
I actually can imagine the letter now

"As even respondent's side agrees the status of my career is uncertain ("your career is over"), I thus followed respondent's advice and I am attempting to have a 2nd career (as a director), for this I will give myself a deadline of one year"

(now watch this being true and I'm getting accused of being Bianca lmao)
He doesn't even have to give a timeline. He's already listed as directing her project. So ... he's actually doing it.

Reactions: 11
So do I @welshfitnessgirl. What a lovely photo of a couple, happy, relaxed, and enjoying life.

Ioan tried all this, to no avail. Alice refused to go down the collaborative route, as detailed here in the Wiki.
Then this is something that will go in his favour in court proceedings. Any obstruction is looked at very negatively.

Reactions: 9
Then this is something that will go in his favour in court proceedings. Any obstruction is looked at very negatively.
It seems just from what is available in the TRO request that she has done nothing but obstruct since he asked for a divorce. And given her interviews and social media activity, she's done it very publicly as well. The genuinely feel sorry for her lawyer.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The law works very slowly and that is a source of massive frustration as it can seem that the case is going at snails place. Evidence takes a while to compile and to verify in terms of sources and if any witnesses will be called. All this takes time. I was just skimming the Katie Price threads and there was this palpable sense of injustice in terms of her pending cases. All I can say is it takes time to build a case. But I recognise the frustration.

They look healthy and happy and very at ease with one another. Good for them.
markup_8875.png

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.