Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #94 Covid negative, but positively desperate for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are demands that parents often make but they are thrown out. You can't control the other parents custodial time nor direct who they can and can't see. It's not a case of what she will or won't allow she will be directed by the court to exchange the children at a mutually agreed time and place. If she refuses then she will be in defiance of the court order and she can and will be prosecuted.

This is where I would politely disagree. The courts will take in to account his mental state as it pertains to the relationship he has with his children. They will advise him to get counselling if he should wish. Often family courts in particular get a bad name due in part to the secrecy necessary to protect children but mental health is taken very seriously.
They might take into account his mental state pertaining to his relationship with the children and advise counseling but that is separate from the responsibility to monetarily provide for the children. Judges want children to maintain as close as possible the lifestyle they are accustomed to. If they feel he is actively turning down work to provide less the courts won't look kindly on it

I would think that "I took a longer break from my already irregular job because mentally I can't" (if he has a diagnosis from a doctor it's very straight forward) is a bit different to "oh, because I'm a mental case I can abuse someone"

and quite honestly he likely would be right: When he shot The Reunion Alice burried him every day on twitter (even before she learned of his girlfriend) and through other means. This must be insanely stressful. This might never change but perhaps when Alice has settled with the PRO it may lol
The issue is that Ioan's work hasn't been irregular for the past 3 years and while a break for mental health reasons is perfectly reasonable, how long is a piece of string? A year is a long time to choose to be out of work, particularly in his profession and it may be seen by a judge as a tactic to avoid paying what he should

Reactions: 3
Regarding the child custody/ arrangements it is taken seriously. We want collectively for there to be a reunification between parent and child as quickly as possible. I don't want to derail the thread but I think there will be some commonalities between the IG/Alice divorce and custody and the Josh Homme/ Brody Dalle case. Josh Homme is vigorously defending his parental rights and his custody time. This is necessary and you don't have the luxury of time. Brody claimed she couldn't make her younger boys go to JH but the court do not accept that. She was fined and would have been warned that if it continues she will also lose any custody she has. Trying to interfere in a custody arrangement is the biggest way to ensure you lose custody. As in parental alienation or the threat of it.

Reactions: 17
Oh man, I remember the MB test. I fiddled with it for years and always got INFJ (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging). Apparently it’s one of the rarer ones....
Hello, fellow INFJ sister! We are rare indeed, like rare jewels. πŸ’Ž :giggle: MBTI tests, however, have been discredited for any kind of serious applications.

One thing I did like about the profiles, though, was the concept of "differing gifts"--the idea that each type indicator had positives to offer, depending on the situation. In my mind, it's all about self-awareness.

So to make this about Alice, in the IG comments she says, "Now I appear to have gone over to the meaker [sic] side." Of course, she would see being sensitive as a negative. She's about as "meak" as a heart attack and completely lacking in self-awareness. Putz.

Reactions: 12
They might take into account his mental state pertaining to his relationship with the children and advise counseling but that is separate from the responsibility to monetarily provide for the children. Judges want children to maintain as close as possible the lifestyle they are accustomed to. If they feel he is actively turning down work to provide less the courts won't look kindly on it

The issue is that Ioan's work hasn't been irregular for the past 3 years and while a break for mental health reasons is perfectly reasonable, how long is a piece of string? A year is a long time to choose to be out of work, particularly in his profession and it may be seen by a judge as a tactic to avoid paying what he should
well until The Reunion he was out of work for 1.5 years (I dont count the two weeks they had to do in Oz due to Covid)

Alice and Deb claimed that over a year ago he was turning down offers, but here is the thing: If you work in july do you necessarly have to take a job in march that runs through to the next job? He did this once and it sounded like they were not too thrilled (it was also start of their divorce, and they knew well in advance that this day may come). He also announced in early 2020 that he will take a step back to spend more time with his family, so anything he rejected till early 2021 can be tracked back to this (well, and Covid, many actor struggled with this).

It would maybe be the current period that would be up for debate but it's quite possible that Ioan had no offers in november due to Alice's relentless media campaign (and already earlier with her initial campaign when he broke up, she mentions in texts that he has no offers) and thus he decided to commit for this year on directing.

Whether they settle off or in court it'll be up to the lawyers to argue their case

*Disclaimer: I dont ACTUALLY think that but Alice and her people constantly saying that his career is over is a mega gift for Ioan's case. And she couldnt argue it's because he cheated because others cheated before (with proof) without consequences, the difference is that the ex-wives in most of those cases put the kids first and remained largely silent

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Hello, fellow INFJ sister! We are rare indeed, like rare jewels. πŸ’Ž :giggle: MBTI tests, however, have been discredited for any kind of serious applications.

One thing I did like about the profiles, though, was the concept of "differing gifts"--the idea that each type indicator had positives to offer, depending on the situation. In my mind, it's all about self-awareness.

So to make this about Alice, in the IG comments she says, "Now I appear to have gone over to the meaker [sic] side." Of course, she would see being sensitive as a negative. She's about as "meak" as a heart attack and completely lacking in self-awareness. Putz.
Another INFJ here πŸ’Ž:LOL:

I wouldn't want to be the recipient of any of Alice's "gifts"...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Regarding the child custody/ arrangements it is taken seriously. We want collectively for there to be a reunification between parent and child as quickly as possible. I don't want to derail the thread but I think there will be some commonalities between the IG/Alice divorce and custody and the Josh Homme/ Brody Dalle case. Josh Homme is vigorously defending his parental rights and his custody time. This is necessary and you don't have the luxury of time. Brody claimed she couldn't make her younger boys go to JH but the court do not accept that. She was fined and would have been warned that if it continues she will also lose any custody she has. Trying to interfere in a custody arrangement is the biggest way to ensure you lose custody. As in parental alienation or the threat of it.
The Dalle / Homme case is still ongoing and is a lot more complex. Homme only gets some custody of the youngest. The other two are alienated and won't see him although he seems to get some facetime with the middle one. Both sides accusing the other of DV and Homme seems to have drug and alcohol issues.

"That judge found that the couple’s older children had resisted seeing Homme of their own accord owing to concerns about his sobriety and alleged threats against Dalle and her partner Gunner Foxx. "

Alice will most likely get a very nice settlement, now not as much as 50 per cent but a good amount. I do not know who is advising her and yes I know she fired her lawyer buy they need to take ALL her social media passwords, twitter, Facebook everything. She has to stop doing Cameos.
Alice will get what's in the prenup which won't be overturned sadly for her. It not a very nice settlement but it's enough to live on so she's going to have to lump it.
As for her SM, she would refuse to give up the passwords. In fact IG changed her Twitter password and she was locked out for months but got it back in the end. The issue is what she posts online. She seems to be behaving now. Finally.
Why should she stop doing Cameos? It's not much, but it's something...

Reactions: 6
well until The Reunion he was out of work for 1.5 years (I dont count the two weeks they had to do in Oz due to Covid)

Alice and Deb claimed that over a year ago he was turning down offers, but here is the thing: If you work in july do you necessarly have to take a job in march that runs through to the next job? He did this once and it sounded like they were not too thrilled (it was also start of theor divorce). He also announced in early 2020 that he will take a step back to spend more time with his family, so anything he rejected till early 2021 can be tracked back to this (well, and Covid, many actor struggled with this).

It would maybe be the current period that would be up for debate but it's quite possible that Ioan had no offers in november due to Alice's relentless media campaign (and already earlier with her initial campaign when he broke up, she mentions in texts that he has no offers) and thus he decided to commit for this year on directing.

Whether they settle off or in court it'll be up to the lawyers to argue their case
Film and TV production ground to a halt through most of 2020 and 2021 so that would account for the 1.5 years. I don't remember him saying in 2020 he was going to take a step back, He said that he wanted to take work closer to home and do more character roles rather than leading roles so he could spend more time with the family.
Ioan Gruffudd doesn't want lead role
While Alice never lies, she did say he was taking a sabbatical for a year and it looks she may have been speaking the truth on this occasion

Reactions: 1

Why are you so adamant he is actively turning down work?

Acting is a sporadic profession for the best of them. Some actors go years between parts, so no, a year without an acting job is not unusual. Julia Roberts didn't work between 2018 and 2020, for example, and you would think she is highly in demand. Could be because she turned down roles but the fact is ... no gigs on her resume. As long as he can show he was available for work and his agents were advocating on his behalf for parts, I don't see what the issue is?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Film and TV production ground to a halt through most of 2020 and 2021 so that would account for the 1.5 years. I don't remember him saying in 2020 he was going to take a step back, He said that he wanted to take work closer to home and do more character roles rather than leading roles so he could spend more time with the family.
While Alice never lies, she did say he was taking a sabbatical for a year and it looks she may have been speaking the truth on this occasion
That article didn't age well. IG put a rose tinted spin on the marriage but he had to, as long as he was with her.

"Ioan thinks being married to an actress is beneficial for their relationship because they understand one another.

He said: "We understand the process of film-making. If you can't get hold of your partner because they're physically on set, or on a boat, or in a forest with no signal, or out to dinner with the cast, there's an understanding of how difficult it can be to be at someone's beck and call."

I think this was his way of explaining to AE that she needed to back off with the constant harrassing phone calls. Not that she would ever have stopped until he blocked her phone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I feel she should stop doing Cameos because she is looking very unwell and unhinged in them. Whatever they are paying her isn't suffice to undue the damage they are doing to her reputation. Now people can see she has ruined it anyway but they are seriously hindering her. That's just my opinion. It's not a good look.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
he said it in the Guardian

He is about to take β€œa self-imposed break, just to have that re-entry to the family”.

Interview published in 2020 although likely conducted in 2019 but not sure if the normal off in the summer is an actual break lol. The interview you linked isnt dismissing that either: if he back then wanted to spend time with his family and only take roles in the USA or no leading roles (another Alice lie btw) and he didnt really got any of them (partly due to Covid) it's possible that they decided as a family to take a break there instead of doing another huge project far away

of course what might be the actual truth is that he planned his exit already back then and it was a cunning plan under the disguise of more family time (cruel), but I doubt that Alice's lawyers could ever prove this. Even if they find proof of him bleeping Bianca before this.

This false narrative of "Ioan is getting out of paying what he should" ... he has been paying for everything and still is. The only things he has pulled back on were an unneeded full time nanny and an expensive private school he didn't feel he could pay for even when it was first broached by Alice. He presumably pays for the mortgage, food, utilities, insurance, necessities and maintenance of the girls and Alice. His family is housed, fed and has the necessities of life and them some by some people's standards, which are much lower. What is it he "should" be paying for that he isn't?

Once the divorce is final, Alice will have to live on her settlement or do what other people do - find a way of increasing her income. It's not a punishment. It's life.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
A year is a long time to choose to be out of work, particularly in his profession and it may be seen by a judge as a tactic to avoid paying what he should
When you're talking about an actor, it's an amorphous yardstick to say they choose to be out of work when they don't have any control over whether they'd be cast in a project. Is his agent actively seeking work for him? Is he meeting with production people in the UK or in contact with anyone anywhere? We don't know. Alice, the unreliable narrator, said he chose to take a year off. Do we believe her? Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. Flip a coin. Saying that you're taking time off to be with family could also be code for having nothing in the pipeline and subtly advertising your availability. Claiming you don't want a lead role could mean "Make me an offer. I'm open."

As far as cheating goes, it's irrelevant. Did you catch the five foot long spread in the DM yesterday on Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead? Not only did he cheat on his longtime wife with her, he brought her home for dinner to meet the family just before he left his wife. That's cold. Hasn't affected his popularity at all, as you can see every 5 minutes in that "We love stuff" commercial that must be running on a loop. Speaking of which, maybe Ioan can nab a lucrative gig as a celebrity spokesman for something. I can only imagine how much money Flo has made over the years, and I couldn't tell you her name.

Reactions: 14
I feel she should stop doing Cameos because she is looking very unwell and unhinged in them. Whatever they are paying her isn't suffice to undue the damage they are doing to her reputation. Now people can see she has ruined it anyway but they are seriously hindering her. That's just my opinion. It's not a good look.
I think Alice's reputation is shot! She set out to destroy Ioan's good name but has only succeeded showing the world just exactly why he left in the first place.
"He that filtches from me my good name maketh me a very poor man indeed"
In the TRO Alice goads Ioan about damaging his ability to find work, I guess we'll see after his hiatus whether he gains employment as an actor again.

More words are written wrong than right πŸ˜‚
View attachment 1228261
Jeez is Alice writing for the Mirror these days πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is why media blackouts are recommended to each party when a divorce is acrimonious. I can't tell you how many times I have told people that people on Twitter are not your friends and this is a form of entertainment for them. I wish she would hire a professional to aid with her mental health. It seems she has no one in her life who is willing to really intervene or maybe she has alienated them all. Unfortunately I have seen this so many times...he has clearly moved on and she can't. Again this is common but it only hurts her and this scorched earth routine has hampered her professional prospects.

Reactions: 20
Why are you so adamant he is actively turning down work?

Acting is a sporadic profession for the best of them. Some actors go years between parts, so no, a year without an acting job is not unusual. Julia Roberts didn't work between 2018 and 2020, for example, and you would think she is highly in demand. Could be because she turned down roles but the fact is ... no gigs on her resume. As long as he can show he was available for work and his agents were advocating on his behalf for parts, I don't see what the issue is?
Jesus. Where am I adamant that he is turning down work? How the hell would I know if he is turning down work? I am reciting the facts as we know them and my own experience of divorce.
THIS is what I did say.
Alice said Ioan is taking a year's sabbatical.
It appears that Ioan might be on a lengthy sabbatical. He is taking time out of paid work to do Bianca's film and is out of the country on a well-deserved break.
It appears Alice was telling the truth for once.
It was suggested by someone else here that good attorneys will advise a client to reduce their earnings to protect their assets.
I said he had a track record of 3 years of solid work for calculations to be made.
I said IF he is taking a sabbatical and as someone here suggested seeking to appear to have reduced earnings it COULD be seen as him trying to reduce payments particularly IF it can be proved that he is turning down work or not actively seeking work and a judge won't look favourably on that.
Plenty of actors and people in the entertainment industry go for long periods without work, Ioan went for 2 years when he couldn't get any work, that is why they are so well paid when they do work, to cover the times when they don't. There is a difference between involuntary and voluntary unemployment particularly when you are slap bang in the middle of divorce negotiations

This false narrative of "Ioan is getting out of paying what he should" ... he has been paying for everything and still is. The only things he has pulled back on were an unneeded full time nanny and an expensive private school he didn't feel he could pay for even when it was first broached by Alice. He presumably pays for the mortgage, food, utilities, insurance, necessities and maintenance of the girls and Alice. His family is housed, fed and has the necessities of life and them some by some people's standards, which are much lower. What is it he "should" be paying for that he isn't?

Once the divorce is final, Alice will have to live on her settlement or do what other people do - find a way of increasing her income. It's not a punishment. It's life.
I for one am not pushing a 'false narrative of "Ioan is getting out of paying what he should". I was responding to the person who said good attorneys will advise clients to protect their assets by working less. I haven't said he doesn't provide for his family and I have said if he can't pay for private school he can't pay. For some reason you are putting an 'anti-Ioan' spin on it

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.