Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #52 More projection than a silent movie theater

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread suggestion

wherefore art thou Cliveio, don’t you want a $40 Cameo?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think some actors also want fame, and while there are tremendously talented theatre actors many are known only in theatre circles. One big movie can make you famous globally, up your rate, and make you more marketable. I don’t know his reasons for not doing theatre, but i could see this being factored in.
Fame and money were definitely major motivations for Ioan. He didn't enjoy his time at RADA and only got a lead role in his final year. In a 2002 interview, he talked about Titanic and how he wanted to be Leonardo.
Mad about the boyo | Film | The Guardian
'Even though it was miserable and took so much time, the pay-off is so incredible. I was only playing a very small part - I wanted to be Leonardo DiCaprio, you know, in my own blockbuster. That's the quest I'm on. It made me more hungry. I hope that everything is a means to that. I'm not embarrassed to admit that that is an ambition. And why not? Twenty million a shot? Yeah, thank you very much." He has no time for actors who say wealth and integrity don't mix. They are self-deceived, he thinks. "People say, 'Oooh, money, it doesn't make you happy.' But because I feel quite happy at the moment, money would be a nice little bonus. To people who say it'll make you miserable, I say 'bollocks'. As long as you understand that you find happiness in real terms through family, friends and love, then money is just a nice bonus.'
'I just knew I wanted to do this forever' - Independent.ie
'Looking back," says Gruffudd of his seven years on the soap, "I was an awful actor, but I just knew I wanted to do this forever and I was happy to learn it as a craft and go to Rada and do everything I could to improve myself. And, you know, even then I imagined myself as a movie star and saw myself sitting in a house in Hollywood and gallivanting with the stars. So when I'd trained and established myself, I realised the dream was still there and I put up my hands and admitted that I wanted to pursue it'

Reactions: 14
I have been cheated on & I was devastated. It took me a very long time to get over it, made worse because I was (unlike Alice) genuinely blind sided. I totally understand where you both are coming from as I highly value fidelity/loyalty BUT this tit storm we are following is (for me anyway) so far removed from normal relationship barometers that I find myself with a slightly different mindset.

In part because there has been no definitive proof there was an affair. And because in my own mind I have no doubt that Ioan was abused for years, had tried to address that with her for years, was consistently ignored & further belittled & eventually running on empty he checked out emotionally, but stayed for the girls sake for as long as he could until he had to leave for his own sanity. There was talk of Alice thinking of leaving him, she also seemed to have had an emotional affair with MITH on twitter so she's far from the innocent blindsided victim she portrays.

She knew he was unhappy, she's admitted herself he tried for years to get her to change her ways so I have no sympathy for this woman who as a Narc doesn't even understand what love really means. If she did she wouldn't have treated him as she did & she certainly wouldn't be using the girls as pawns with her PA to screw Ioan over in revenge & simultaneously harm the girls. I personally think IG/BW were likely friends who bonded over their own different but hellish experiences & it grew from there, but whether it was an affair is to me largely irrelevant given all the other circumstances, which I simply can't ignore & it changes my normal b/w thinking on infidelity.

I have enormous empathy for women who are cheated on & blindsided as it stinks & hurts like hell. But knowing what I do from all the proof shown on here of IG/AE I can only feel relief for Ioan that he finally found the courage to leave such an abusive & toxic relationship.

I hope neither of you are put off from being here as I personally value you both. 🥰

@Ena Sharples - I am so sorry you lost someone close, but what a remarkable human being they were. 💖

xxx
+1, All of the BIB ^

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry- having gone to professional theatre school (fir Costume Design) and worked in the field in both London and NY-all the speculation is making me a wee bit triggered-a life I left behind with joy. But will tell you this is a totally different world. I have witnessed some snobbery between actors in theatre and those in movies. And, we don't know his reasons. Speculating on a personal choice based on factors we have no idea about.
I think there is one specific factor we can think about for IG and theatre and film work.

Theatre requires an incredible amount of discipline, and I imagine there were a lot of AE "crisis moments" that she had over the years. Can you imagine him not being available during a matinee show? Do you think it would be beyond her to interrupt a performance if she was having a bad week?

The "rumour" that she was banned from the set of Fantastic Four is one that has circulated for a long time. I'm not saying he might not have other reasons, but perhaps one was knowing how unhinged AE was and what would be expected of him.

Reactions: 9
Thread title suggestion: Any Cameo would be supreme with a bottle of Clive's salad cream!
(play on the Heinz salad cream slogan!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I can’t find her insincere in that video. When she held up her hand and showed the tremor, it really hit home with me. It must be so frightening.
I think she’s just a confident and eloquent public speaker, hence why she probably wanted to get into acting, if she feels confident in from of the camera. I didn’t find her insincere at all. You’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t, with regards to discussing physical and mental health on social media. There’s always going to be people who assume you’re fishing for sympathy, when in fact you might just want to shed some light on a difficult subject and empower others. I try to see the good in everyone (I never used to be like this, this is something I’ve honed over the years 😂) I even try with Alice… when she’s quiet and not being vile on Twitter, I actually start pitying her and wondering why she is the way she is. @ReturningthePearls mentioned splitting and black and white thinking before, and this is definitely the case with me at times. So if I come across as contradictory in some posts, that’s why. I’m just not the same carefree witch I was 10 minutes ago sometimes 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thanks for your response :)
I definitely need to take a break. Not because of differing opinions, but I've picked up on a few snipey posts on the past few pages that have made me feel a little less valued / welcome this evening.
I'm not a good written communicator. I do try but I don't phrase sentences well, I say lots because I'm trying to make my point but I struggle to and I've seen people misinterpret what I'm saying over the past few hours which I know is my fault. Struggling to find the right words and put thoughts together is unfortunately a way that my ADHD presents itself.
I can't do anything but be my authentic self and unfortunately on this occasion it hasn't lined up with what you all think and feel.
No don’t doubt yourself, you feel what you feel. When you are pregnant you feel very vulnerable and no one wants to start of their new life thinking it will all end badly. I think awkwardly actually many of us are saying we love our children so much we would just do anything to make them ok, or worry the most about them

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks for your response :)
I definitely need to take a break. Not because of differing opinions, but I've picked up on a few snipey posts on the past few pages that have made me feel a little less valued / welcome this evening.
I'm not a good written communicator. I do try but I don't phrase sentences well, I say lots because I'm trying to make my point but I struggle to and I've seen people misinterpret what I'm saying over the past few hours which I know is my fault. Struggling to find the right words and put thoughts together is unfortunately a way that my ADHD presents itself.
I can't do anything but be my authentic self and unfortunately on this occasion it hasn't lined up with what you all think and feel.
Just an FYI but I always appreciate your posts ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have sympathy for anyone who is cheated on, what’s don’t have sympathy for is the way Alice has conducted herself since
I have sympathy for anyone who is cheated on BUT I also have a lot of sympathy for someone who genuinely tried for many years, had their concerns ignored or publicly laughed at and was abused. It's not like they were a happy couple with a functional marriage and he just got bored.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Weirdly, my partner calls it 'Twattle' and I'm a bit scared he might actually be one of the FMs??? (Oh God, imagine if he's secretly salad cream boy 😨)

The only thing saving me from this fear is that he's been calling it that since long before I started following the AE thread.

"So what's happening on the Tattle tonight?" He says he knows when Im on here by my extreme facial expressions 🤣
(I'm a resting witch face sufferer)
Is it just me, or am I the only one with a partner who doesn’t ask what I’m reading? He’s watching Match of the Day anyway.
I checked his wiki. This is it. Vast difference with M Rhys, D Lewis etc

Theatre[edit]

TitleYearLocationRole
Hedda Gabler1995London (RADA)George (Jörgen) Tesman
Trouble Sleeping[28]
[29]
1995National Theatre Studio, LondonUnknown
The Decameron[30][29]1995Gate Theatre, Notting Hill, LondonUnknown
The Play What I Wrote2001Wyndham's Theatre, LondonMystery Guest
Why is he being judged for not having the career of those two actors specifically? He still has a very solid career compared to many! And many actors have periods when they’re out of work. It seems very harsh to see it as a failing - it’s absolutely par for the course that actors are out of work for periods, isn’t it? Yes of course he could have not put a single foot wrong and never made a wrong decision, but he’s human. He seems to get judged on here for many things that seem unfair, but “not having the foresight to do enough theatre” is a new one!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
True. But maybe his nerves aren't as frayed living with Bianca.
I don’t know much about the stage apart from a passionate love of Richard Burton but it’s brave and bold to do. I think Ioan would do well on a stage even singing, but it takes so much confidence and it might just not be for him

Is it just me, or am I the only one with a partner who doesn’t ask what I’m reading? He’s watching Match of the Day anyway.
Why is he being judged for not having the career of those two actors specifically? He still has a very solid career compared to many! And many actors have periods when they’re out of work. It seems very harsh to see it as a failing - it’s absolutely par for the course that actors are out of work for periods, isn’t it? Yes of course he could have not put a single foot wrong and never made a wrong decision, but he’s human. He seems to get judged on here for many things that seem unfair, but “not having the foresight to do enough theatre” is a new one!
My partner doesn’t read. It is the one thing about him that slightly annoys me 🤣
He doesn’t watch football though he geeks out on YT

Reactions: 7
Ok, sorry.

I agree with this and acknowledged it in a previous post. My issue is, why cheat at all? Why not "There are so many things you can do to fix a relationship before cheating ending it"? I'm not specifically talking about abuse or what may or may not have happened in BW/IG's case - I just don't see what the issue is in having the respect to say 'it's over' before moving on to something new.

Anyway, I guess we all have different opinions on this so I won't argue the point any more. I'm still surprised that so many people think cheating is NBD, and that it's my lack of life experience that makes me feel that it is, but that's on me to deal with.
I don’t think anyone said anything about your life experiences. We all talked about our experiences. Cheating is for me painful but not nearly as bad as some other things one might encounter in life. We are not perfect and for some people it might be their way out of a very unhappy relationship. I won’t judge them for that. Of course there are always jerks who are serial cheaters, unable to respect other people’s feelings. I’ve known some of those, both men and women.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And just a quick message for @Caitlyn130, you most definitely would get sympathy on here if something like that happened to you sweetheart, you’re a valued member of this herd of turds and we all know how much cheating hurts, even if we all have different coping mechanisms ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
And just a quick message for @Caitlyn130, you most definitely would get sympathy on here if something like that happened to you sweetheart, you’re a valued member of this herd of turds and we all know how much cheating hurts, even if we all have different coping mechanisms ❤
You would, it’s human nature to be sympathetic.
Unless you went on a rampage!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Should we have a count down to the 30 days that Twitter needs to be reactivated? Btw I don’t think she is legally gagged if that’s even a thing. I think she’s doing it of her own free will cos she is in deep tit and she’s panicking. She needs to show she can behave herself now to try and lessen the consequences. Caitlyn I think you explained yourself really well in one of your posts as to why you feel the way you do.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.