Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #52 More projection than a silent movie theater

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree. He did say he would find doing the same thing every night boring. OTOH Matthew Rhys did a very long and successful stint on the West End playing against Kathleen Turner in The Graduate. And look who is further ahead now?

Also, why did he turn down £300k for a five week shoot in Wales (according to AE)? Guess he is not that broke after all. Many actors would kill for that gig.
With regard to the alleged £300k job in Wales, we only have AE's word for this and her history shows that anything she says about IG is fuelled by malice and a heart full of hate, and said purely to make others see him in a negative way.

Reactions: 20
I agree with this. If you look at Damian Lewis and Rufus Sewell (there are probably loads more good Brit actors of a similar generation) both have done stage, DL especially and I think both have healthier careers because of it. I think the cachet and broadsheet reviews makes them more desirable. To the best of my knowledge, neither of those two (fine) actors can sing, lots can't, which might give IG a bit of a selling point should he want it.

Could imagine him as Macheath in the Beggars Opera.
Damian Lewis sings and is in a band

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If you go to RADA and come out and don't tread the boards, I find that rather strange it is renouned for its famous stage actors. It where you really learn to act, there's no second take on stage. Ioan would have done plenty of plays whilst at RADA, and their graduation shows are where agents and casting directors go to source new talent.

Reactions: 15
I have read some influencers/reality people discuss how they can select certain words that comments won't be displayed or will be deleted. One girl had fat,ugly etc blocked. I was thinking today perhaps Bianca uses this so has any scandal related words blocked.
This is correct. In my line of work we use SM as the main comms channel. We also filter posts (not just comments) against certain key words. Ie an account who is obviously vegan will never see our post about a meat pie. (I don't market meat pies, just used that example as a homage to Tones recent discussion about pies 🥧)

Reactions: 16
People cheat. It happens. Yes it's bloody painful, but it's not the worst thing that can happen to someone. That would be cancer, dementia, losing a child.
Exactly. That "you have cancer" phone call made everything else bad in my life fade by comparison. I mean everything. I now say that's how I felt BC (before cancer) and AC (after cancer). I am a different woman than I was two and a half years ago.

Let me just add - try cancer treatment during covid! And my treatment could not be postponed. I am profoundly different.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
People cheat. It happens. Yes it's bloody painful, but it's not the worst thing that can happen to someone. That would be cancer, dementia, losing a child.
I have children and when people say cheating or divorce is their worst fear, it’s just not mine. Any of those things above is mine. So deeply. Even something happening to my dog. The unconditional loves are the ones that you fear losing the most

as advice on relationships 😛 there are so many things to say… just don’t lose your identity. Even if you become a stay at home mum, which is fine, keep hobbies, friends and an equal partnership financially too. Do not sacrifice everything about you and your goals or ambitions to raise the children and be a wife, as you will resent it later. Even if you LOVE doing it and being a home maker, still go out sometimes and have your own interests. Children love you but they don’t appreciate you or stop wanting you as much until they are like, 25 🤣😭. That’s a long bleeping time 🤣

Raise issues early on and don’t let them fester, even if you are tired. If it’s bothering you, talk about it. Check in with your partner that they are ok, or if you want to bring something up. If you are getting stuck on issues, there is no shame in relationship counselling. It’s worth the money

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'd be devastated if my fiancé cheated on me. At least I'll know not to expect any sympathy from this thread.
I have sympathy for anyone who is cheated on, what’s don’t have sympathy for is the way Alice has conducted herself since

• Heart
Reactions: 27
we all have our opinions none of which are right or wrong. I personally don’t see the poor me in her video. I too am older, 52 this year. I was diagnosed with cancer when I was 28, full hysterectomy when I was 29. The first 2 or 3 years I had 15 operations and have had an operation every 8 months since. The last 2 years because of the amount of operation they switched me over to chemo and now I have chemo for 3 months out of every 9. I wish I had just an ounce of courage that Bianca has. I wish I could do the positives like she does. I DID do the poor me when I was first diagnosed, I did the hide under the bedcovers, pretend it isn’t happening, cry and scream, the why me, I WAS very self centred, and very much me me me.

What I took from Bianca’s video was a very positive attitude, and a determination not to allow the MS to be the main focus of her life

Its very hard when at a young age you are diagnosed with something that is lifelong, that is life changing. Something that will never be cured and something that you don’t know how it will progress. It’s only since coming here my outlook on how I handle things has changed and if Bianca’s video has shown me anything it’s that I have a long way to go.

I commend her, I wish I was as brave, as eloquent and as able to deal as she is. I have seen people say they are in love with her now but I think I have just found a new role model (even if she is many years younger than myself).
You don't need any role models. You are one 🥰

• Heart
  • Wow
Let's remember that mAlice is the one who said that she had cheated on every one of her boyfriends, cheated on Olivier with Ioan, and has never actually come out and denied the long-term rumour that she cheated while filming TVD/TO, instead just skirting around it. If the latter is true, then she was cheating far earlier and before the marriage became so abusive and toxic. Tit for tat doesn't really work but I can see Ioan learning from distance that his marriage was a swamp of abuse, learning that relationships don't actually have to be like that (Alice took an emotionally young, immature Ioan and turned him into her punch bag), and using that person to give him strength to leave his abuser, for goodness knows the nth time, finally.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Bianca and Amy are friends. She went to the same college as both of the Douglas sisters. I don't think Amy would have risked their friendship by speaking out on their behalf if she didn't have permission. It was a big mistake to involve the sisters, both had their own agenda and made things more difficult for Alice, the children, Ioan and Bianca by constantly stirring the pot
That… kinda makes me give a Bianca the side eye a little. I really don’t think anybody should be directly involved apart from those that are actually directly involved (AE BW IG).
I do not condone AEs behaviour at all by the way but at least she’s been saying how she felt herself? Not hiding behind somebody else, pretending to be all sweetness and light.

Reactions: 9
If you go to RADA and come out and don't tread the boards, I find that rather strange it is renouned for its famous stage actors. It where you really learn to act, there's no second take on stage. Ioan would have done plenty of plays whilst at RADA, and their graduation shows are where agents and casting directors go to source new talent.
He was though. He did do theatre early on.

Reactions: 8
Ok, sorry.

I agree with this and acknowledged it in a previous post. My issue is, why cheat at all? Why not "There are so many things you can do to fix a relationship before cheating ending it"? I'm not specifically talking about abuse or what may or may not have happened in BW/IG's case - I just don't see what the issue is in having the respect to say 'it's over' before moving on to something new.

Anyway, I guess we all have different opinions on this so I won't argue the point any more. I'm still surprised that so many people think cheating is NBD, and that it's my lack of life experience that makes me feel that it is, but that's on me to deal with.
Well in truth people get tired and they plod on. They have a massive mortgage with 25 years still on it, just redecorated and haven’t paid off the car. The kids have lots of events and people try to wait for a time where they think it will be less stressful, but it never comes around. It’s always a holiday, or a birthday, an exam, a school event, they are having trouble with their friends, they got sick…. So people put it off and off and push it down. They then get resentful. Snappy, the other spouse says what’s up? They row. Fall out. Then it all goes back to ‘normal’ and seems ok. So you chicken out and plod on. Then it blows up again, you get upset. You pluck up the courage to be honest. They cry. You feel bad, you backtrack, your heart isn’t in it. You feel sad. You feel guilty. You try to force yourself to be happy. The kids need you. You worry about money.

most people need a big PUSH to leave
Either a huge row, another person, something terrible happening. People don’t tend to leave when it’s ‘just ok’, because there is hope it might get better

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
we all have our opinions none of which are right or wrong. I personally don’t see the poor me in her video. I too am older, 52 this year. I was diagnosed with cancer when I was 28, full hysterectomy when I was 29. The first 2 or 3 years I had 15 operations and have had an operation every 8 months since. The last 2 years because of the amount of operation they switched me over to chemo and now I have chemo for 3 months out of every 9. I wish I had just an ounce of courage that Bianca has. I wish I could do the positives like she does. I DID do the poor me when I was first diagnosed, I did the hide under the bedcovers, pretend it isn’t happening, cry and scream, the why me, I WAS very self centred, and very much me me me.

What I took from Bianca’s video was a very positive attitude, and a determination not to allow the MS to be the main focus of her life

Its very hard when at a young age you are diagnosed with something that is lifelong, that is life changing. Something that will never be cured and something that you don’t know how it will progress. It’s only since coming here my outlook on how I handle things has changed and if Bianca’s video has shown me anything it’s that I have a long way to go.

I commend her, I wish I was as brave, as eloquent and as able to deal as she is. I have seen people say they are in love with her now but I think I have just found a new role model (even if she is many years younger than myself).
You are braver than you think ❤

• Heart

I will never apologize for being self-centered during cancer and you should not either. If I had lived my life a little more self-centered it would have been caught sooner before it had started to spread.
And my heart breaks for what you have gone through. All the best ❤ to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm sorry you went through that. I completely agree with what many people have said about cheating being a symptom of a bad relationship. I have never been cheated on (to my knowledge, anyway!) so I can't say I know what it would feel like.

However, I just resent the implication in some posts that if being faithful and ending a relationship before embarking on a new one is important to you, it's because you don't have life experience. And once you have life experience / are older, cheating will become less of a big deal. I think everyone can recognise that life isn't black and white and that cheating happens and isn't always unforgivable, while also feeling it's a big deal, serious, and should be avoided at all costs - no matter how much life experience you've got.
I totally hear you. But here I am, a woman who was cheated on, who, looking back, in my opinion, does not believe infidelity is the worst thing that can happen to a marriage. I believe there are a lot worse things that can happen in a marriage than infidelity. And I believe strong marriages can survive infidelity, It is not a death sentence when the bones of a marriage are good I really recommend reading that book. It is really eye opening, because it is scientific and based on real evidence. I do not in any way want you to feel 'older' people know everything. I for duck sakes absolutely do not. You feelings are valid and I want to acknowledge this.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Well in truth people get tired and they plod on. They have a massive mortgage with 25 years still on it, just redecorated and haven’t paid off the car. The kids have lots of events and people try to wait for a time where they think it will be less stressful, but it never comes around. It’s always a holiday, or a birthday, an exam, a school event, they are having trouble with their friends, they got sick…. So people put it off and off and push it down. They then get resentful. Snappy, the other spouse says what’s up? They row. Fall out. Then it all goes back to ‘normal’ and seems ok. So you chicken out and plod on. Then it blows up again, you get upset. You pluck up the courage to be honest. They cry. You feel bad, you backtrack, your heart isn’t in it. You feel sad. You feel guilty. You try to force yourself to be happy. The kids need you. You worry about money.

most people need a big PUSH to leave
Either a huge row, another person, something terrible happening. People don’t tend to leave when it’s ‘just ok’, because there is hope it might get better
So so true. This is the humanity of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I often check in with my partner - are we still making each other happy? Is there anything I could do or not do?

Ioan told Alice all of these things she did not listen to him. Slowly, she eroded this part of Ioan, where he gave up speaking out, and he ran away from her. He ran towards Bianca. He did seem to try with Alice.
Yes, I think it's obvious IG tried to save things. AE was always complaining that he would want to do the "talk" with her when she had gone too far on SM (and probably RL too). Her response was to laugh at it and tell everyone about it on SM. He was banging his head again a brick wall. It's also very narc to promise to change and then swiftly carry on as before. This is in stark contrast to a healthy relationship like you have @plinky

AE “What was he thinking. He KNOWS what I’m like

Says it all really.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.