Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #211 All the finesse of a sloth on Ritalin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Ioan is very handsome. I don't really advocate for cosmetic surgery, or fillers, but that's just me.

Shouldn't we try to choose our battles when it comes to criticising Alice? Maybe focus on the worst tit and let ebay purchases, dirty feet, and the odd takeaway slide. There is more than enough evidence of PA and poor parenting without needing to criticise Alice for what she buys on eBay. Ioan is not going to want his lawyer (child or financials) wasting the hourly rate on this kind of stuff. No parent is going to lose custody because they buy their child second hand jeans or trainers.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
But people are always telling Alice there’s a problem. See her husband, kids, former friends, randoms on twitter, Super Nanny, etc etc.

She’s just a horrendous narc Pearls, IMO, but bless your compassion and empathy. ❤
I suspect that it’s the narc part of her that won’t ever acknowledge there’s a problem - because that’s how narcs are. They’re always 100% right, never wrong, cannot be criticised or even questioned, and react angrily if anyone dares to. If it were just BPD she had, maybe it would be different.
It occurs to me that, although there is still a bit of a stigma around BPD, you do come across people who acknowledge that they have it and are working in it. But you never see someone admit they’re a narc. Not that I’ve seen, anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Alun is currently 98 out of 99 still in the race, about a third who started are still in. Shows you how tough it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I wore diesel jeans when I was young and skinny. They are really expensive so paying $3 for a good pair online is a job well done esp for kids that might ruin them quickly but want the label or a good pair of jeans.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think Ioan is very handsome. I don't really advocate for cosmetic surgery, or fillers, but that's just me.

Shouldn't we try to choose our battles when it comes to criticising Alice? Maybe focus on the worst tit and let ebay purchases, dirty feet, and the odd takeaway slide. There is more than enough evidence of PA and poor parenting without needing to criticise Alice for what she buys on eBay. Ioan is not going to want his lawyer (child or financials) wasting the hourly rate on this kind of stuff. No parent is going to lose custody because they buy their child second hand jeans or trainers.
Um, why would Ioan's lawyer be reviewing what Alice has bought on Ebay? This is where we may be getting over invested. Anne doesn't care, neither does Ioan. She has a lump sum she can use as she likes. It is up to her to ensure she provides a secure home for her girls and feeds and supports them within that lump sum. If she CANT support them within her means, that becomes a custody issue.

Reactions: 19
Even takes advantage of a death, to make the situation all about Alice.

Screenshot_20230907_161111_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230907_161301_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230907_161121_Chrome.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
No, Alice's narrative is "WE ARE NOW POOR BECAUSE OF YOUR FATHER - WE CANNOT AFFORD NEW CLOTHES DESPITE WHAT MY FINANCIAL STATEMENT SAID ( was it $500 for clothes?
That's a statement often used apparently in parental alienation, oddly enough Ella has accused Ioan of spending all the money on lawyer's and Bianca.

Reactions: 23
I don’t think it’s a problem to buy second hand clothes. Better for the purse and the planet, less wastage and all that. I’m selling on eBay atm and also waiting for a delivery.

been watching the dragon tracker on and off. Alun is amazing and the fact he’s doing all this for Bianca and MS is incredible. What a legend.

Reactions: 34
I suspect that it’s the narc part of her that won’t ever acknowledge there’s a problem - because that’s how narcs are. They’re always 100% right, never wrong, cannot be criticised or even questioned, and react angrily if anyone dares to. If it were just BPD she had, maybe it would be different.
It occurs to me that, although there is still a bit of a stigma around BPD, you do come across people who acknowledge that they have it and are working in it. But you never see someone admit they’re a narc. Not that I’ve seen, anyway.
There was one guy who went to the media saying he was a narc (tried to Google him and can't find anything and I can't remember his name) but then he tried to make a career out of it, doing interviews and claiming to help people recognise narc traits. He seemed to take a lot of pride in being a narc and saw it as him being different, special, unique, superior, etc...

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I don’t think it’s a problem to buy second hand clothes. Better for the purse and the planet, less wastage and all that. I’m selling on eBay atm and also waiting for a delivery.

been watching the dragon tracker on and off. Alun is amazing and the fact he’s doing all this for Bianca and MS is incredible. What a legend.
It's only a problem when she buys stained, dirty looking clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I actually think it's good that Ella is getting used to the real world of 'make do and mend' given how spoilt she used to be. No more $1,000 pop concert tickets or $50,000 schools I hope. I have never slagged off AE for the ebay purchases per se and use ebay myself although like anything online shopping can be another addiction and we know AE has an addictive personality.

The issue is when she is doing a GFM or saying she has $26 to her name and then we find out that she has been ebaying for non-essentials. Alice said she had too much clutter when they finally prised her out of the Weho house and she had to move. Most of her ebaying is purchasing clutter (like that lovely [cough] black cardi that she really doesn't need). I don't have any issue with cheap jeans for Ella - but did she pick them? Does Ella get a say in what she wears or is it more coercive control? Controlling every aspect of a 14 yo life is fucked up and the more normal thing to do would be to take the kid shopping (even if it's a cheap or charity shop) and let her try on stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
Um, why would Ioan's lawyer be reviewing what Alice has bought on Ebay? This is where we may be getting over invested. Anne doesn't care, neither does Ioan. She has a lump sum she can use as she likes. It is up to her to ensure she provides a secure home for her girls and feeds and supports them within that lump sum. If she CANT support them within her means, that becomes a custody issue.
@Weathergirl, sorry just realised this may seem I'm arguing against you - not at all, was agreeing with your view Alices's clothes purchases were irrelevant and we should not even be highlighting them (unless there is $3k ballgown purchase)

Reactions: 5
That race is insane. I mean under normal circumstances it would be an immense feat but in the weather we've had this week 😱 Crazy!

I love Ioan's messages to Al, he's clearly so hyped up. 😆

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.