Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ButterTart

VIP Member
I will never ever justify abuse. I wanted to end my life after being lied to for many years by an older man.
I read the texts which IG put to the court. These were all after he had said he wanted to leave and this came as a surprise.
I read about the things IG says AE would say to him. I believe these things have hurt him. I say horrible things to my adult siblings as jokes, as they do to me. One used to always joke about how blind and deaf any husband would have to be. It was always in context of general ribbing. It's lessened as we got older. I don't assume that AE was having any 'banter' with IG though many of her posts do show her at least trying to be funny, though many here don't find it so.

In many countries lying to people isn't a crime, nor is cheating. In some places it is. In Austria the age of consent is 14. In other countries it's not. I just thought I'd say my feelings here which are that I would very much want to know what the truth was about the new relationship, not least to know whether my spouse was sleeping with someone else whilst still doing so with me too.

IG isn't a poor isolated young man who grafts on the building site before he went home to his ungrateful wife. He's a rich actor who, yes, hired a nanny. AE seems to imply that he didn't like being around the family for too long as he gets bored. I haven't seen any of AE's acting, do you think it's not good?

Maybe if things calm down a bit after the divorce is granted then they will start to get more agreements in place about co-parenting. I just wanted to say that I have sympathy for anyone wanting to know the truth in terms of whether their loved ones (which could be family members not just other halves) have lied or are lying. It made me question so much to find out the lies one person had told me and that they'd done it whilst claiming to 'love me' as well as using me for a lot of things.
Are you joking? Serious question. This has been escalating to the point that people here are afraid that Alice may physically harm Bianca and Ioan. It’s been nearly three years. In that time, she could have done a lot to improve her circumstances but all she seems to have done is ratchet up the abuse, create dozens of online socks (and yes, we believe it’s her as the socks are going after years’ old tweets, using language VERY familiar to Alice, and posting about things only she would care about, like his girlfriends from 20+ years ago). Not to mention weaponizing her girls, including pulling the oldest out of school and having her falsely accuse him and Bianca of physical abuse. Before she took aim at Bianca, she insisted for about a year and a half that her soon to be former mother in law was the issue and Ioan was a mommy’s boy (and also made insinuations about him being involved in child s*x abuse because of that supposed attachment).

He’s not rich. You’d know that if you had truly taken the time to read the court documents. Whatever money he had has dwindled because she pulled out of collaborative divorce and files frivolous motions and requests for delays. He had to borrow money from his (not rich) parents to pay the last few months of his mortgage. Alice refuses to work or contribute financially in any way. She has hidden money, and might have taken $100k fro their joint account without permission, which is why he hired a forensic accountant. She is on her fifth lawyer. Even if he had Elon Musk’s money, was he supposed to stick around and be abused? Would you give the same advice to a woman - you married, it’s a contract, shut up and take it?

I’m sorry that you experienced a difficult relationship. But what you’ve experienced - very fortunately - is nothing like this scenario.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Mad Betty

VIP Member
I have such deep respect for this judge. I've heard only the best things about him. He has such an eloquent way of saying fuck right off.

I'm so glad he's handling the custody case as well.

MOO.

• Heart

lurkette

First time posting here. I had heard of IG though not aware of his personal life and not a follower or fan. I took notice of this not-so-conscious uncoupling due to the press attention. I think I'm in a tiny if existent minority who feels some sympathy or empathy for AE. I thought I might post some thoughts here with reasoning. I scrolled through AE's instagram before posting here. What struck me was how happy the family seemed and how it seemed to me that IG and AE loved one another. I don't think that you can pretend for 21 years. Although I don't believe anyone should be forced to stay in a relationship they don't want to be in, it is not so long ago that 'no cause' divorce didn't exist. Divorce is now a contract which you are signing (a supposed commitment for lifetime - unless you stipulate otherwise I guess), and which there are no exit fees. I don't think it's that fair. Why shouldn't the person who wants to exit the contract pay as a consequence? I doubt there's many business partner contracts which allow for one to exit without considering the effects on the remaining partner.

I just wondered if Ioan couldn't have tried to make some acknowledgements. Like, ofc I loved you, I still do (if he does), but feel we are better off apart. It also doesn't seem very, idk, helpful? fair? kind? to have been completely quiet about all the pain he was in, if that's what he is now saying. Telling your wife how much you love them, and how wonderful they are, to suddenly returning from a trip and being 'cold' does smack of an affair to me. Don't many therapists and women say that a lot of men don't ever leave until they have a new woman lined up? I think that may be the case here.

In one of AE's instagram posts IG is singing. He has a really great voice and honestly I think he could make music and it'd sell. In another post AE has drawn a sketch of their daughters. It's really good too. AE speaks a number of languages, and in the youtubes I've seen of her speaking French, she has a great voice. Personally, I find quite a few of her humerous posts funny. She is often self-deprecating, talking about fine hair, or joking about her enhanced mouth. In an interview about Harvey Weinstein she came across as insightful and honest.

It's a real shame to see how things have gone. I've been in relationships where the men have lied. The lying actually hurt me almost as much as the cheating ('it's not the crime it's the cover-up). One relationship was with a man I believe would be assessed as having NPD. I had never heard of this until afterwards in therapy. I've seen in many posts here that it doesn't matter if IG was cheating. It's not illegal and so on. I just wondered if anyone else felt that it would be important to them to know the truth and for their partners/spouse's to tell them the truth. Including what happened and when.

I just don't see this evil horror who made IG's life hell (he was away a lot of the time surely?). In so many posts AE is complimenting him and saying how lucky she is etc. Whilst at times putting herself down. It seems a bit more like she was a bit insecure, rather than she was full of confidence, in control, bossing him. I can't recall whether in court docs or here but didn't she say he said 'I didn't sign up for this' about her fibromyalgia? What if that's true? What if AE does have poor health? No spouse has to tolerate things they don't like, especially with no fault divorces now common. But maybe IG struggles with admitting to himself or others that his reasons are things like 'intolerance' or 'boredom', or 'feeling like starting over and wanting to have young kids again'. Idk, I would find it incredibly difficult to interact with the person who I thought had lied to me possibly for years or who was exploiting that men can 'start over' in their 50's, 60's and 79 for Robert De Niro.
Hi, and welcome. I do see your points - I had no idea who either was until I saw the stories of their divorce on the news, at first I felt sorry for Alice. But when I kept seeing the stories, I started to think, why is she still talking about it? Then I ended up here lol.

I don’t doubt for a moment that Yo loved her, and I’m sure there were high points in their marriage just as there were lows.

I personally don’t think he had an affair, maybe he did, but even if that were the case - Alice really needs to get a grip and move on now. That’s probably the pressing point many people here feel; it’s been three years.

People are allowed to change their mind, they’re allowed to leave marriages, they’re allowed to move on with somebody else.

Alice has basically done a kamikaze with the kids in the back, and she’s aimed the plane at Yo and B.

Her constant harassment, abuse, stalking and outright terrorising is just not acceptable.

Whatever redeeming qualities Alice once had have been lost to her dark spiral into complete madness and lunacy.

Although it can be funny watching her make a fool of herself at times, I think most the people here wish she would get off social media and sort herself out. Fingers crossed that day comes, for everyone’s sake!

• Heart

TipsyLaLa!

VIP Member
I am not sure whether to believe that IG had an affair. I know that I would want to know this if I was AE, and I think it's completely normal for her to want desperately to know the truth of this. I don't think it IS that common for someone like IG, a relatively rich and confident person who works in the entertainment industry, to suffer in years of silent pain whilst what, secretly hating his wife? The woman who incubated and gave birth to the children he says he loves a lot.
Go away Alice! I’ve never heard anyone else pregnant to refer to themselves as an incubator! 🙄
Ding dong… your marriage is gone on Monday! 👏👏👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 66

ButterTart

VIP Member
She tells on herself with every sock tweet. No one cares about Matthew Rhys and his relationship with Ioan other than Alice. Or about Gill. Or about Ioan’s girlfriends from over two decades ago. Keep digging, Alice. Make that hole nice and deep.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
If the judge ignores Ioan’s request to ignore Alice’s delaying tactic, they are complicit in his abuse. Why should he be stuck in limbo for any longer. She is still trying to control him. She is still abusing him and the woman he loves. That new Twitter account is definitely her again. She isn’t giving up the abuse. She needs to be jailed or whatever it takes to shut her defamation online.

He had the right to leave her, he has the right to have access to the kids, he has a right to have a new relationship, he has the right to unclench and stop looking over his shoulder or wondering what else is coming his way, he has the right to live positively rather than be dragged down into her fetid swamp, he has the right to a career, he has the right to move on from her in every way - physically and mentally, he has the right to breathe and be free.

• Heart

Hoopla

It always makes me laugh that they think we're IG super fans. I had never heard of the guy before all this (let alone her).

My curiosity was piqued during her theatrical media blitz 2 years ago – something just didn't add up.

Al, people dislike you because you're a vitriolic liar driven by a three-year narc injury; not because we're "slobbering over" you're (very) soon-to-be ex.

• Heart

Fed Up

By now, the judge must have noticed that every time someone actually shows up to represent AE, it's a different person from a different firm asking for a continuance. Malice loves a holding pattern. Cut her off at the knees, Judge, and grant the bifurcation on July 3!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I am a long time lurker sometimes poster who has also reached the heady heights of the significant other commenting.
'What's it done now? Has the divorce thing been called off yet?'
Christ her social media obsession has crept into our lives too.

ETA one divorce where he was not really the greatest dad and one death which left me with nothing. Still here earning my own money and keeping my own roof over my head with 2 girls with successful careers who talk to both their parents. Get over it for fucks sake Alice you are literally the worst excuse for a mother and a human being that I have ever seen.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Ametrine

VIP Member
First time posting here. I had heard of IG though not aware of his personal life and not a follower or fan. I took notice of this not-so-conscious uncoupling due to the press attention. I think I'm in a tiny if existent minority who feels some sympathy or empathy for AE. I thought I might post some thoughts here with reasoning. I scrolled through AE's instagram before posting here. What struck me was how happy the family seemed and how it seemed to me that IG and AE loved one another. I don't think that you can pretend for 21 years. Although I don't believe anyone should be forced to stay in a relationship they don't want to be in, it is not so long ago that 'no cause' divorce didn't exist. Divorce is now a contract which you are signing (a supposed commitment for lifetime - unless you stipulate otherwise I guess), and which there are no exit fees. I don't think it's that fair. Why shouldn't the person who wants to exit the contract pay as a consequence? I doubt there's many business partner contracts which allow for one to exit without considering the effects on the remaining partner.

I just wondered if Ioan couldn't have tried to make some acknowledgements. Like, ofc I loved you, I still do (if he does), but feel we are better off apart. It also doesn't seem very, idk, helpful? fair? kind? to have been completely quiet about all the pain he was in, if that's what he is now saying. Telling your wife how much you love them, and how wonderful they are, to suddenly returning from a trip and being 'cold' does smack of an affair to me. Don't many therapists and women say that a lot of men don't ever leave until they have a new woman lined up? I think that may be the case here.

In one of AE's instagram posts IG is singing. He has a really great voice and honestly I think he could make music and it'd sell. In another post AE has drawn a sketch of their daughters. It's really good too. AE speaks a number of languages, and in the youtubes I've seen of her speaking French, she has a great voice. Personally, I find quite a few of her humorous posts funny. She is often self-deprecating, talking about fine hair, or joking about her enhanced mouth. In an interview about Harvey Weinstein she came across as insightful and honest.

It's a real shame to see how things have gone. I've been in relationships where the men have lied. The lying actually hurt me almost as much as the cheating ('it's not the crime it's the cover-up). One relationship was with a man I believe would be assessed as having NPD. I had never heard of this until afterwards in therapy. I've seen in many posts here that it doesn't matter if IG was cheating. It's not illegal and so on. I just wondered if anyone else felt that it would be important to them to know the truth and for their partners/spouse's to tell them the truth. Including what happened and when.

I just don't see this evil horror who made IG's life hell (he was away a lot of the time surely?). In so many posts AE is complimenting him and saying how lucky she is etc. Whilst at times putting herself down. It seems a bit more like she was a bit insecure, rather than she was full of confidence, in control, bossing him. I can't recall whether in court docs or here but didn't she say he said 'I didn't sign up for this' about her fibromyalgia? What if that's true? What if AE does have poor health? No spouse has to tolerate things they don't like, especially with no fault divorces now common. But maybe IG struggles with admitting to himself or others that his reasons are things like 'intolerance' or 'boredom', or 'feeling like starting over and wanting to have young kids again'. Idk, I would find it incredibly difficult to interact with the person who I thought had lied to me possibly for years or who was exploiting that men can 'start over' in their 50's, 60's and 79 for Robert De Niro.
The best thing, if you want to find out what the situation is with Alice, is to read the "most liked" posts from these threads:

This post from @Treacletrixter is one of the top posts and explains everything in a nutshell:

The 10 stages of understanding Alice
  1. Poor woman. How awful for a mum to be dumped for a younger model
  2. She’s a bit mad but who wouldn’t be in the circumstances
  3. Ok she’s cray cray but he cheated on her
  4. Nope just cray cray
  5. Hmm. you can’t blame him but he could have done it better
  6. Nope he couldn’t have done it better
  7. Fuck me what took him so long
  8. She‘s an evil narcissist lying cunt
  9. Save the E’s
  10. Save Leon. (note: Leon was Alice's third lawyer, she's now on her fifth)

• Heart
  • Haha

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
Why is it a shit day for my opinion? A 'poorly researched' opinion? My saying that I find some of AE's posts funny is 'poorly researched'? I've read the wiki. This is not an AE hate thread it's a gossip forum and supposedly a discussion place I thought.
Why do you think the judge saw fit to award a Domestic Violence Restraining Order, out of interest?
I used to feel some empathy for Alice. On the face of it, at the beginning, she seemed like a hurt woman, lashing out. Then I read about all the awful, abusive things she’d said and done, and now I save my empathy for the abuse victims, not the abuser.
You said you’ve read the wiki. If it was a man doing those things to a woman, would you excuse it so readily?

• Heart

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
I am not sure whether to believe that IG had an affair. I know that I would want to know this if I was AE, and I think it's completely normal for her to want desperately to know the truth of this. I don't think it IS that common for someone like IG, a relatively rich and confident person who works in the entertainment industry, to suffer in years of silent pain whilst what, secretly hating his wife? The woman who incubated and gave birth to the children he says he loves a lot.
It’s not common for men to admit to suffering abuse from a woman. Partly because of people like you, who won’t believe them and will always, always blame the man.

• Heart

Nixlondon

VIP Member
I think it seems a possibility because of how he acted, which both IG and AE seem to agree on for the most part. In terms of the continuing to send gushing loving texts, calls and so on, he says that he was 'keeping her sweet' to avoid confrontation and angst, whilst she says that is the reason she was completely shocked when he suddenly came back from a trip and was cold. Do you think he had already started to flirt or more with BW? To see that he may want to have a relationship with BW, hence a need to discard AE? Or do you think he was just fed up in the relationship with AE long before meeting BW? I'd really want to know if I was AE, not least because if he'd have told her that he was unhappy they could have TRIED to address issues in the marriage.
Wouldn't you like to know if you were the wife?
But, oh, like many men, that doesn't seem a great prospect to sit in therapists offices IF all the while they already have another woman on their minds.
For FUCK SAKE, CALIFORNIA IS A NO FAULT STATE. IF A MOTHER FIGHTS A FATHER BECAUSE SHE FEELS HE HAD AN AFFAIR, IT DOES NOT MEAN A SHIT IN CALIFORNIA. IOAN COULD BE BANGING EVERY CAST MEMBER, IN AN ABSOLUTE ORGY EVERY NIGHT, IT WOULD MEAN FUCK ALL. Honestly, being so obsessed with an affair means you don't want to understand what you did to make the marriage fail. No man leaves a wonderful, perfect marriage. Take responsibility for your own shit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63

wrongturn

I think it seems a possibility because of how he acted, which both IG and AE seem to agree on for the most part. In terms of the continuing to send gushing loving texts, calls and so on, he says that he was 'keeping her sweet' to avoid confrontation and angst, whilst she says that is the reason she was completely shocked when he suddenly came back from a trip and was cold. Do you think he had already started to flirt or more with BW? To see that he may want to have a relationship with BW, hence a need to discard AE? Or do you think he was just fed up in the relationship with AE long before meeting BW? I'd really want to know if I was AE, not least because if he'd have told her that he was unhappy they could have TRIED to address issues in the marriage.
Wouldn't you like to know if you were the wife?
But, oh, like many men, that doesn't seem a great prospect to sit in therapists offices IF all the while they already have another woman on their minds.
Bianca is a red herring. It’s neither here nor there if he had an affair. Alice was abusive within the marriage and he had an absolute right to leave it.

• Heart
Reactions: 63