Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #111 Hey Alice, get a job and go fund yourself!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I 100% believe IG wanted 50/50 custody and a collaborative divorce which gave Alice the girls full time while he was on location and he would adjust payments accordingly or offer her a sweet settlement plus her share of the house whether in an agreement or upholding the pre nup. As the last couple of years have evolved and it’s become clear that she is completely off the rails in all aspects of her life, he has had to change his game plan for the girls and the final outcome of the divorce. I think he knows what he has to do and Bianca is on board because we can all see the kids need him and a stable life and if her heart is as big as it seems, she’s going to work with and support him throughout. How many real life stories have we heard on here from the mouths of many wonderful commentators where the ex was a nightmare for years and the kids see the tit parent for what they are? Or successful stories of blended families that had to overcome crazy obstacles to get to where they are today? I think he knows what he has to do and he’s just waiting for the PRO to take the next drastic but necessary measures. We need Alice at rock bottom because we need her to get help. We all want her to be healthy physically/mentally as well as have the ability to manage her personal affairs and relationships however, as fully in control of her actions she may be, she is definitely very sick and not fit to even take care of herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Bianca is involved with a man with a famously volatile ex and 2 alienated kids - she should take this into account and if not, she should bow out. She got into the relationship with her eyes wide open and he was aware of her illness. If Ioan does let his kids go in favour of Bianca so as to not affect her MS, I know what I would feel about Ioan.
Yes that is true although Bianca could never have known the utter vitriol and batshittery Alice has shown herself to be capable of. Ioan won't want to lose his kids as well as Bianca (I believe they are in love) and given that his kids are under Alice's influence/PA the latter IS a possibility, at least for the foreseeable future so it is a concern for him. I certainly agree, however, that if Ioan doesn't try for full custody he isn't putting the girls' longterm best interests at heart although the road will be rocky to say the least. It's a truly awful situation. I also just have a nagging feeling that a PRO isn't happening.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Wassup turds. Popping in again from the Jack Monroe threads (waves at fellow fraus) and hitching my wagon to this particular car wreck for a bit.

Reason I hopped across, action-hero style, was because of Alice’s recent GFM grifting. It reminded me so much of the (much longer-term) grifting of Monroe, who appears to passively receive circa £2000 a month via a Patreon that delivers no goods, yet still cries hElP mE iM pOoR while basking in Tiffany earrings and Smeg fridges (seriously, if you’ve not dug into the JM threads, highly rated. Kept me sane(ish) during the early throes of the panny).

There’s also the shared phenomenon of people tripping over themselves to donate or, at best, big up. Let’s be clear: neither Evans or Monroe are hard-hitting A-listers and neither are going to headline…well, anything really. And yet, people want to jump to their defence and throw them their coins and…what, bask in watery-lit blue tick glory? Does Alice speak for every heartsore divorcee in the same way Jack is the palatable face of poverty? Does that, therefore, declare them beyond fault? Beats me.

There’s other similarities, too - raging narcissism; a heavy ‘delete’ finger; lies; ‘I’ll take $800 for ‘things that didn’t happen, please Alex’; a hatred of Tattle because it’s where the truth lies; and, most importantly…

…earning commentary from some of the smartest, warmest, compassionate, and insightful people I’ve ‘met’ 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Bianca is involved with a man with a famously volatile ex and 2 alienated kids - she should take this into account and if not, she should bow out. She got into the relationship with her eyes wide open and he was aware of her illness. If Ioan does let his kids go in favour of Bianca so as to not affect her MS, I know what I would feel about Ioan.
this is very black and white imo

you should never allow a situation where children can play the "or else..." game. If the kids refuse to be in his custody because of who he dates and he follows along with their demands it would be exactly the wrong choice. Of course what shouldnt happen either is that Bianca's MS should limit his ability to have custody of his kids (people with MS can have kids and I assume they may want their own too), but I doubt that this is the worry, more a contributing factor in Alice potentially setting them up to intentionally cause flares if they would be around Bianca. I will not blame him persay if he does end up "giving up" on the kids at some point tho, it's very hard to fight off parental alienation. And it's brave to fight off the constant "you hurt the kids for not letting this go" that alienators like Alice constantly throw at you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I don't know Ioan or Bianca. But from what I've seen of him in interviews and on her own social media, he really loves his kids. I doubt any of this has been easy for him and in fact, I think it must be dreadfully painful. There are few good choices in this situation. Might he have filed earlier for custody? Sure. But I think he was also hoping that Alice would continue in the collaborative process and that they could have reached a settlement that was fair to him, her and the kids. That's not how it turned out. And then I suspect his lawyers counseled him to wait until the June PRO hearing as that would have helped with custody. That didn't happen. Court moves very slowly. So it's quite possible he's now filing for custody and not willing to wait until August.

Even when he gets custody sorted, those girls' emotions will be all over the map and difficult to deal with. They love their mother and they won't want to see her hurt or suffer, but that may be inevitable if she doesn't start complying with the TRO and working with him on the divorce. That just complicates matters.

There are no easy solutions here. No easy answers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
its a difficult one because one is estranged (and likely cant have sole custody for a number of reasons( and one inept. I would not like to be the judge of this case.
There are some professions in this world that I would never want to have as a career but am so grateful for those who are capable such as pathologists, funeral directors, children’s services, first responders and all those involved in family law/breakdowns, like in the case of the Gruffudd marriage. Thank you to all who do such jobs I’ve mentioned and also the many other emotionally difficult jobs I’ve not listed. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I 100% believe IG wanted 50/50 custody and a collaborative divorce which gave Alice the girls full time while he was on location and he would adjust payments accordingly or offer her a sweet settlement plus her share of the house whether in an agreement or upholding the pre nup. As the last couple of years have evolved and it’s become clear that she is completely off the rails in all aspects of her life, he has had to change his game plan for the girls and the final outcome of the divorce. I think he knows what he has to do and Bianca is on board because we can all see the kids need him and a stable life and if her heart is as big as it seems, she’s going to work with and support him throughout. How many real life stories have we heard on here from the mouths of many wonderful commentators where the ex was a nightmare for years and the kids see the tit parent for what they are? Or successful stories of blended families that had to overcome crazy obstacles to get to where they are today? I think he knows what he has to do and he’s just waiting for the PRO to take the next drastic but necessary measures. We need Alice at rock bottom because we need her to get help. We all want her to be healthy physically/mentally as well as have the ability to manage her personal affairs and relationships however, as fully in control of her actions she may be, she is definitely very sick and not fit to even take care of herself.
I agree and I think in coming days this
will happen. I can't imagine it not happening. He has given her every chance to stop this insanity, act like a reasonable adult, and a responsible parent. She appears to be reckless with money and it has placed the girls in harm's way, IMO. I don't think he has any choice now but to legally intervene.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think the best case scenario is that Alice pulls herself together, at least enough to share custody, that the girls get proper therapy and see their dad regularly with no drama.

Worst case scenario is that something happens to Alice because she is an alcoholic mess, and the girls have to go to their dad who will be blamed by them for Alice's final misfortune.

I don't think Ioan getting the girls full time is realistic, nor do I think it's best for the girls. He has to work, because Alice won't work enough to provide for the girls. And the girls are mostly used to their mum, and have not seen their dad in ages, even if it isn't his fault. Shared custody is needed. And everyone to downsize.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I agree and I think in coming days this
will happen. I can't imagine it not happening. He has given her every chance to stop this insanity, act like a reasonable adult, and a responsible parent. She appears to be reckless with money and it has placed the girls in harm's way, IMO. I don't think he has any choice now but to legally intervene.
And as much as the PRO and divorce are separate, now that the dissolution will be decided by a judge, he can’t withhold that she is under a DVRO from the judge as a kindness to Alice right? That order will make the judge put Alice under a microscope and as much as a judge/the court would like to do healthy and effective co parenting, no judge can look at this divorce and say he believes the kids are safe and that their emotional well being is being put first.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And as much as the PRO and divorce are separate, now that the dissolution will be decided by a judge, he can’t withhold that she is under a DVRO from the judge as a kindness to Alice right? That order will make the judge put Alice under a microscope and as much as a judge/the court would like to do healthy and effective co parenting, no judge can look at this divorce and say he believes the kids are safe and that their emotional well being is being put first.
The restraining order is being heard in family court, just as the divorce will be and it's part of that docket. Any judge on the case will know it's there.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Particularly when Alice has repeatedly said the kids will never be within 100 feet of Bianca, an entirely unreasonable demand to make.

• Heart
I thought she had been cut off by Ioan a long time ago according to her previous posts? Now she is claiming she tried to access the joint account which was suddenly empty (aka, she mismanaged money). Hardly cutting you off and leaving you destitute, Alice. You made yourself destitute by not accepting changing circumstances and prolonging what could have been a simple divorce. You’ve had 18 months to yourself out and it could easily been arranged if you’d got your head out the sand and communicated via one of the apps Ioan asked you to use. He doesn’t need to be in a room alone with you *shudders* to sort out financial and childcare arrangements. All you had to do was listen and grow up.
Alice grow up? i don’t think so. She doesn’t want to adult, she’s far more comfortable as the eternal spoiled child. She doesn’t have to take responsibility for her actions, or inactions, her financial situation, or her behaviour. Someone else will be there to pick up the pieces. Alice has always had someone to do this, first her father, then Olivier, and finally Ioan. Alice is 54 and her behaviour disgusts me. And we should never forget Alice is a liar, she couldn’t lie straight in bed if her life depended upon it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
The restraining order is being heard in family court, just as the divorce will be and it's part of that docket. Any judge on the case will know it's there.
There we go. So the judge is going to look at why this lady has been given a PRO. Mental health? Substance abuse? Child abuse ie PA? Adhering to the TRO? Even if Ioan still wanted to co parent at this point, I’m not sure a judge would award her any custody until she meets certain requirement and undergoes certain treatments

Another thing, if a judge has to order the sale of the house, the next question would be Mr Gruffudd do you have secure lodging for yourself and the girls? Yes. Ms Evans?

I would be floored if she has made any effort to find or view available homes with the view of being out of the current house by Aug 31.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Particularly when Alice has repeatedly said the kids will never be within 100 feet of Bianca, an entirely unreasonable demand to make.
I don't recall this though accept that Alice has likely said/written this.
I don't have twitter or instagram - does anyone have any receipts please?

Reactions: 4
There we go. So the judge is going to look at why this lady has been given a PRO. Mental health? Substance abuse? Child abuse ie PA? Adhering to the TRO? Even if Ioan still wanted to co parent at this point, I’m not sure a judge would award her any custody until she meets certain requirement and undergoes certain treatments

Another thing, if a judge has to order the sale of the house, the next question would be Mr Gruffudd do you have secure lodging for yourself and the girls? Yes. Ms Evans?

I would be floored if she has made any effort to find or view available homes with the view of being out of the current house by Aug 31.
If you haven't read his request for the TRO, you should. There has been no mental health evaluation and so that didn't factor in to why she was given the TRO or why he has requested that it be made permanent.

Other threads have delineated the potential impact on Alice if Ioan is granted the PRO; it can drastically affect custody and support.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I suspect Alice is about to hit a wall of reality. She went too far recently. And publicly admitting you've burnt through money given to you for living expenses and food for the girls while binge shopping for herself will not go down well with any judge. I believe resorting to a GoFundMe will also show negligence on her part. Just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I don't recall this though accept that Alice has likely said/written this.
I don't have twitter or instagram - does anyone have any receipts please?
Check the TRO. It's said by her there, that she won't allow the kids anywhere near them. But I believe she's also said it online.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
If you haven't read his request for the TRO, you should. There has been no mental health evaluation and so that didn't factor in to why she was given the TRO or why he has requested that it be made permanent.

Other threads have delineated the potential impact on Alice if Ioan is granted the PRO; it can drastically affect custody and support.
I’ve read it. I’m just using this conversation to reinforce my original theory a few pages earlier as to what will happen come all the deadlines in August. Which is effectively IG having sole custody for the foreseeable future.

Check the TRO. It's said by her there, that she won't allow the kids anywhere near them. But I believe she's also said it online.
She said it this week on insta too I’m pretty sure. Anyone?

Reactions: 4
I think there will be shared custody. As the sole breadwinner, Ioan will work wherever the jobs take him and unless he's lucky enough to land something local with job stability, he'll continue to be out of town for months on end. Alice, for all her myriad faults, is home all the time and a social worker would likely find their living environment acceptable. It's a sad 'solution' to a terrible situation.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
And when Ioan first left, he may have felt that Alice was stable enough to care for the girls. It would have been very very difficult at that time to do some kind of legal custody intervention, right? As far as I know, she has no criminal record related to alcohol abuse (OWI, disturbing the peace, etc.) and there are no reports of any abusive behavior toward the girls (schools are probably required to report anything).

She has certainly deteriorated since then. With the PRO, his hands may be tied. And even if a judge were to take a request for shared custody under consideration, Alice would have to jump through all sorts of hoops--evaluations, therapy, parenting classes, employment, etc., to get to that point. Not ideal for an actor who works overseas, but this is The House That Alice Built.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.