Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ohmydays

VIP Member
Can I throw LornaLuxe into the mix please ...check out her stories to see she’s a shrewd one re declaring stuff . Firstly she suggests she’s bought something then all of a sudden she’s got a discount code ...Ih and don’t get me started on her using filters whilst promoting beauty products . #cheating #fake

AND how can she constantly be dropping hints , reminders pics on stories as to when her In TheStyle collection drops .. without her adding #ad cos she is advertising it to make herself a lot of money from it ?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Viewers on Jo Good aka Middle Aged Minx YouTube channel calling her out about non-disclosure of Sole Bliss #AD. Come on over to Tattle Kathleen O'Donnell !
20210603_172300.jpg

• Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Dear Jo Good.
You are advertising therefore this Insta post should be marked as an AD.
Telling us it's #gifted is not enough to satisfy the ASA.

By all means try to supplement your pension and BBC fees but be honest. You are always goi g on about being transparent but this is shady.
20210726_164647.jpg

• Angry

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
There is a comment now from Spacey_2021.

Quite a few comments on her posting from Sunday too.
She must've deleted Spacey_2021, drat I was too late to screenshot.

But regular BBC London caller Wayne from Buckhurst Hill has chimed in...
20210726_233638.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
She’s lying. I don’t know who you’re talking about, but there are no exemptions from the law. Everyone needs to declare adverts and paid promotions, regardless of who they are. Report her.
I follow a micro influencer with about 25k followers on insta. She never posts anything as ad or gifted to the point I actually thought she didn’t make any money from insta and was just very into fashion etc she’s very honest on q&a’s and did a YouTube on all things about influencing so it’s clear it’s her job and she’s confirmed she gets an income from it! She mentioned in the video that she doesn’t actually need to disclose ads or press trips - has there been a change? I’ve been wondering for ages why she wouldn’t need to mark stuff as ads. I think she’s also a model so would it just be classed as work as their actually getting paid to do a job rather than advertising? But then she def makes money through posting the ads! Very confusing
These arrogant influencers rely upon the ignorance and confusion of their subs, don't fall for it. Many hope their followers think they are simply enthusiastic amateurs.

Some try to justify their non-compliance as advertisers by saying they don't make much money compared to the big players (eg poor little me Jo Good who has long claimed she makes enough only to pay her video editor :rolleyes: ).

This shouldn't be accepted as an excuse, as an example, if one earns only a *little bit* of money in addition to their wage they are still required to declare it to HMRC, they want to know whether it's £500 per annum or £500,000.

The ASA has produced a clear guide about influencers' compliance but most chose to ignore it. As the ASA is under-resourced I believe they rely on public reporting

blossombloss

Chatty Member
complaints to ASA a few times, no replies
It's my understanding that they don't reply individually to people, they speak to the influencer and/or advertiser. If you go on the code and rulings bit of the ASA website it will list any companies that have received rulings and such, and how they were sorted out. Some will give details (I remember reading about the Oreo one and they did list a couple of the influencers involved). Some may be informally resolved so just says the name of the company: https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings/rulings.html#informally-resolved

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
BBC London TV evening news yesterday did a story about the effect of influencers on children. I was only half listening but they gave a statistic from the ASA, something about only 35% of social media posts that contained advertising were correctly labelled as such. (I would think it is a lot fewer who correctly declare). It was essentially about the insidiounousness and lack of transparency of the influencer/Ad thing.

The BBC wouldn't need to look far to see a culprit in their midst - admittedly targetting a different end of the age demographic - their own Jo Good who advertises constantly on socials without ASA-compliant declaration of the ads. And even worse she uses her BBC Radio London show to "urge" listeners to visit her social platforms, the more eyes, the more clicks, the more ad revenue and commissions from affiliate link click-throughs.

Mustard

VIP Member
Jo Good, BBC Radio London presenter, who has a YouTube channel and Insta account called Middle Aged Minx, even though she is almost 66. A thread was set up for her by @VeeJayBee. She flogs things and says they aren’t an advert because she was sent them. She’s now been forced into lockdown due to not observing social distancing and yet she is still leaving her flat.

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
On literally everything you buy on that site for 30 days??
Yes so let say you swipe up, and you decided to buy something that the influencer promote, let’s call it product A, the influencer will get a cut for product A. But let’s say you have product A in your basket, but as long as you check out within 30 days, they still get your cut. Also, if let’s say you buy product B & C too, they will also get a cute. However commission for product B &C will not be as high as for product A. Of course, all programmes are different, some gives product B&C commission while some don’t. I find AL so shady and will never swipe up. Why should they get a cut for B&C which has nothing to do with them.

• Wow

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I think it's important for each example of non-transparency to be recorded, in case the influencer ever decides to delete messages in case of ASA looking in to their non #ADs. Hence another here from Jo Good (Middle Aged Minx) who has tweeted a link to the skincare brand's ad in their IG. no #AD. She also directed BBC Radio London listeners to her YouTube channel at the start of her show today.

20210222_113448.jpg

Mustard

VIP Member
RVKLoves is a big if doing the swipe up AFF because she supposedly got lots of DMs even after telling people don’t send me DMs because I don’t read them.

• Angry

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Previously Slimming World Gemma but now By Gemma Bosanko
Constantly posting undeclared ads in her story, or else putting the writing in white on a white background, on the bottom corner of the screen where nobody will see it
Repeat offender and doing it multiple times a week for several years now 😡🤯

Mustard

VIP Member
Blardy Vanessa Feltz has started tagging her dresses with the name of the company. One said gifted. Only been on Instagram about 10 days. Such a tacky account. 🥴

Mustard

VIP Member
Again Jo Good brazenly uses her platform as a BBC Radio London presenter to tell listeners to go to her YouTube vlog (which is her personal advertising channel).

On her show on Tuesday 20th December (listen again on BBC Sounds @ 1:52:25)

She reads out an email from an unamed listener: "Jo, having watched your vlog have you yet spilled the beans?"
Jo replies "NO! you need to watch next week's to find out more!".
She then gives a repulsive smug chuckle and continues "Loads of people are asking about my YouTube, you're gonna have to watch next weeks".

So Jo, what brand will you be advertising on YouTube next week? Hoping to up your viewer numbers with those sent to your vlog flog via your constant mentions on the BBC, courtesy of licence payers?

View attachment 938729
It was Monday the 20th December, not Tuesday.

They need to wise up
This story made the 630 ITV news.

Last edited:

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I've missed recording the continuing instances of Jo Good not declaring her ads compliantly. So back to post today's vlog, where she is promoting a makeup brand but it's not noted as an ad because it just "came in the post" from her friend who is a beauty PR and there was "no expectation to film". But she DID film it, and read out the promo blurb, which turns it into an AD!

20221030_131823.jpg

Furthermore, Jo Good is still using the BBC airwaves to tell her radio listeners to go to her socials, she reads out the actual handle so anyone who looks would see the many ads and brands she promotes on her socials. This against the BBC picy of not promoting anything commercial.

@EvilJigglypuff you would be very welcome over on the Jo Good threads, we've just started a new thread and the first post is a good catch up if you want to see her other terrible selfish antics

• Sick