Influencers being shady with their AD

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably should have set this up years ago, but a thread to name and shame people that are being deceptive with their AD

Let's start with this from Callie Thorpe

FB3C893D-7864-47EC-B69E-775753105876.jpeg

They think they're oh so clever putting AD in a hidden way but clearly it's a breach of the rules.

Then again so many don't even bother to say AD as they know there's next to no regulation.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Bumping with a bog standard Mrs Hinch with tiny white AD
Screenshot_2020-09-22-08-29-15-152_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Anyone doing this immediately gets an unfollow. Their audience don’t seem to care though? I hate it I think it’s deceptive. They all claim they won’t advertise stuff they don’t like or don’t use but go full length to hide the fact they’re advertising something. Why do they have such an issue with transparency? We all know their jobs are built around ads and brand collabs so who do they think they’re kidding? It’s so shady and smug.

Reactions: 14
Recent ones from Mrs Hinch threads. The one in the glare of the light is particularly sneaky. Reported to ASA multiple times.

00A10F95-6A24-4F18-9D5D-3D2861AF9CDE.png
DE4F12A6-36B6-49E2-B30B-DB95B88F7B72.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Does AD or Partner mean they got paid and Gifted and PR Product means they didn’t?

Reactions: 1
I really hope this pandemic, and alot of us having to tighten our belts, makes people wake up to these shady people. They aren't you're friends or trying to help they want your money.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m sick of the Affiliate Link Swipe Up shite which doesn’t explain that they get a commission and also doesn’t explain that if you swipe up for something from, for example, Amazon, it leaves cookies on your account and that ‘influencer’ will then get a commission on anything you buy from Amazon for the next 30 days or so.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m sick of the Affiliate Link Swipe Up shite which doesn’t explain that they get a commission and also doesn’t explain that if you swipe up for something from, for example, Amazon, it leaves cookies on your account and that ‘influencer’ will then get a commission on anything you buy from Amazon for the next 30 days or so.
I never ever swipe up anything anymore but it wasn’t all that long ago that I learnt about this, people need to be made more aware

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If you clear cookies on your browser will it clear the affil links do you know?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes it will I belive
Yes, I think so too. I only learned about this Aff swipeup here.

Liberty London Girl is doing it a lot now. Today she did one for a string shopping bag in her stories. The other day it was for a dog bed her sister bought her. They all say - I had so many DMs asking me about this blah blah. It’s so negligent to not put that you earn a commission etc.

Reactions: 2
PSA for all the ladies here (this applies more so to youtubers) but when an influencer puts up a magic link ("bit.ly/link.co" kind of stuff) in their video descriptions for clothing, make up, or even home decor (basically anything with that sort of link), if you click on it, even if you don't buy it right away, that cookie stays on your computer for at least a month and if you ever do make a purchase, the youtuber will get a large commission. It is as large as quarter of what you paid for the item sometimes, so don't be duped if it's a youtuber you don't want to support! Also a lot of influencers are given gift cards aka free shopping to push a lot of these "big sales" (Nordstrom Anniversary sale is huge where I am) and some brands will also gift them specific items for free, which is why you see the same items being pushed by dozens of influencers. Often, it has nothing to do with people actually liking the item.

And they often don't mark these free items as ads/pr.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
They all say - I had so many DMs asking me about this blah blah. It’s so negligent to not put that you earn a commission etc.

This is one of my biggest peeves, I bet half the time no one has DM’d them either!

It annoys me when someone asks where something is from in the comments but they don’t answer and say to swipe up in their stories! 😡😡😡😡

Reactions: 12
RVKLoves is a big if doing the swipe up AFF because she supposedly got lots of DMs even after telling people don’t send me DMs because I don’t read them.

• Angry
Another way to get around the cookie thing is buying in an incognito (private) tab.

These pics are absolutely shocking tbh, I don't understand why they do it. Callie's is one of the worst, I think with her it's because she wants people to think she's genuinely living this £££ lifestyle and it's not propped up by brands, I don't know why Hinch does it because we're talking about £2.50 cleaning detergent here?!