Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
I think the #gifted is a very, very new occurrence. That orange leash she’s always showing, is I believe, designed by her.

Last edited:

Hendrix

I once reported thehousebuild as she posted a photo with various products and just stated ‘some items are gifted’ but she didn’t put #ad or similar and didn’t tag any of the products. I didn’t get a reply from the ASA however I did check the post a few weeks later and the caption had been changed and she had tagged the gifted products so seems like they do investigate reports.

Mustard

VIP Member
Is it sufficient to write Press Invite after receiving a free haircut and colour and showing pictures of it on your account? I am referring to Beatrice Aiden, a journalist.

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
itsdaniellesjourney loves a swipe up. She will buy some clothes from an online fashion retailer, try them on and then so a swipe up. Her new one is sharing what she wants to buy on a story and adds a swipe up. It should be banned

She ordered an alarm clock online the other day and done a swipe up before she even recieved it.

She then sells the clothes on her insta selling page after wearing them for a few hours.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Well, blow me down but serial non-declarer-of-ads Jo Good aka @middleagedminx has actually marked an IG post with #ad !!

Thanks for the smoking gun Jo! The handy screenshot below should be sufficient proof for the BBC to realise that when Jo Good mentions her social media accounts (or indeed gives listeners her actual handle) on her BBC Radio London show she is directing them straight to her advertising channels. In addition to her fee from the beauty club, here she is showing all the free stuff she receives.

(Still not as low as her using the vlog in which she announced the death of her 13yo dog, to plug another beauty brand - she actually said the dog "would understand").
20211220_175552.jpg

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
More non-compliant sneaky advertising by Jo Good @middleagedminx on her You Tube vlog today

As usual she has not put #AD in the vlog title, nor is the banner that declares the video "Includes Paid Promotion" there as required for full transparency.

Her entire YT vlog this week comprises a promo for a fashion brand who hosted her at an influencers' dinner in Shoreditch where she wore their garments, plus a GRWM where she attempted playing it down as an ad by saying she'll put links in "if I remember". Of course she remembers, all the usual brands' aff links are there.

So the whole vlog was one big AD.

20220410_130330.jpg

20220410_132310.jpg

20220410_144402.jpg

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
More instances of Jo Good not declaring ads but am back to make sure they are logged and handy (in case the ASA want a look!)

She did a flog last Sunday showing her attendance at a Beauty Pie event in Covent Garden full of influencers, Jo Good forgot to give the details so does do this week, thinking the late update gets her out of declaring the promo ASA compliantly. She plays dumb saying she's new at it when she's been flogging on her socials for YEARS, only rarely declaring her vlogs as ADs.
20220710_172553.jpg

20220710_174454.jpg

20220710_174424.jpg

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Drew Clarke who also runs Unaltered
Fucking sick to death of this silly little insta hun wannabe and her inability to write ‘AD’ on her stories 🖕🏼

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
More shadiness from Jo Good who is continuing to use her BBC radio show as a platform to spruik her ad-heavy social media accounts. We pay for the BBC through our license fee and no form of advertising is allowed.

Again last night on BBC Radio London gave out her Instagram handle several times. This was ostensibly so listeners could see the brief livestream at the start of one segment. It is more likely she has contrived this so she attracts more followers to her own Instagram account, harvesting eyeballs to see the advertisments she places there.

She was joined in the studio by dog expert Anna Webb, whose handle she also gave. Both Jo and Anna have been showing deliveries of dog food on IG, hashtagging the brand so it would be fair to assume they have a commercial arrangement. If not they surely would have indicated #notsponsored or similar.

I really do not know why the BBC allows this, the livestream should go out via BBC-operated IG account, not via the perosnal, monetised account of the presenter.

I know we shouldn't be surprised by any of this, being simply the latest example of Jo Good's usual shady behaviour, but it's worth noting for the record. It also points out the hypocrisy of Jo Good claiming (last Sunday on her radio show) that she doesn't promote her socials on the radio.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good again without AD in the title of her vlog. She has hidden it in the dropdown of the You Tube description box, the ASA says it should be visible to all viewers before they chose to open and watch the video. She is however following the rules of the advertiser who is paying her, they require at least 10minutes promo and she manages to follow that rule.
She also does not display the banner Includes Paid Promotion.
20220516_070420.jpg

I wonder if she'll be on her BBC radio show again telling her listeners they must go to her socials to see her cute pup, but not letting them know they will be exposed to her ads. Sleazy.

Mustard

VIP Member
I had a look and there were lots of views but no comments or grateful thanks for the code!🤨
There is a comment now from Spacey_2021.

Quite a few comments on her posting from Sunday too.

Noticed that MAM’s buddy Bibi Lynch has a once a week hour long programme on BBC Sussex on Monday night. I think she’s also on Soho Radio.

Last edited:

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Again Jo Good brazenly uses her platform as a BBC Radio London presenter to tell listeners to go to her YouTube vlog (which is her personal advertising channel).

On her show on Tuesday 20th December (listen again on BBC Sounds @ 1:52:25)

She reads out an email from an unamed listener: "Jo, having watched your vlog have you yet spilled the beans?"
Jo replies "NO! you need to watch next week's to find out more!".
She then gives a repulsive smug chuckle and continues "Loads of people are asking about my YouTube, you're gonna have to watch next weeks".

So Jo, what brand will you be advertising on YouTube next week? Hoping to up your viewer numbers with those sent to your vlog flog via your constant mentions on the BBC, courtesy of licence payers?

jo good bbc radio london you tube middleagedminx.jpg

Last edited:

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Also on her vlog today Jo Good served biscuits to a guest and name-checked the French biscuit brand who she has done ads for on IG but there is no declaration of the commercial relationship she has with the brand.
20220710_180002.jpg

20220710_172054.jpg

Mustard

VIP Member
How did you find out about the fact they get a cut on products B and C? Is this something that each site or company promotes?