Jo Good - I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum and me me me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jo Good has been broadcasting on BBC Radio London for many years, she currently hosts an afternoon show from 1.30 to 5pm on weekdays. Mention of her on the BBC Radio thread on Tattle prompted the creation of this thread.

She started vlogging on YouTube a couple of years ago as MiddleAgedMinx (25,000 followers on YT, 14,000 on IG), positioning herself as a fashion, beauty and lifestyle influencer. She has stated that vlogging is her passion and becoming an influencer is her plan B alternative career. She has partnered with various companies on YouTube and she often mentions her commercial vlogs to her BBC listeners. She calls her mother and her dog clickbait.

You’ll not have to listen to her radio show for long to hear her declare that she lives in Marylebone, is 65 years old, used to live in Brighton, has an English bulldog called Matilda, drives everywhere in her Mini, is a yogi, doesn't cook, went to secondary school in Australia, was a dancer, went to drama school, used to be an actress on Crossroads, toured the world with Derek Nimmo, is a show off, loves the city and couldn't leave London, loves the country and wants to live in nature, is an old hippie who lives by the seat of her pants financially with no pension (despite being landlord of at least one property, buying designer clothes and £70 jars of Manuka honey). She will pronounce the names of each guest in at least three different ways, occasionally getting it right. She unashamedly admits that she steers interviews to make it all about her. She loves interviewing influencers on her BBC show (eg Saccone Jolys, Sali Hughes, Louise Pentland), always gushing furiously and managing to mention her vlog, presumably to direct traffic to her own SM from the influencers' devoted followers.

Her vlog on YouTube shows her driving around with her blind, elderly dog unsecured in the vehicle, this despite being a "dog expert" having co-authored the book "Barking Blondes" and featuring a weekly dog-lovers' segment on her radio show called "The Barking Hour". One vlog episode shows her leaving her dog unattended in her car while she went to an osteopath appointment in Notting Hill. When a YouTube commenter mentioned this she dismissed it, saying she was parked just outside. The car was, quite obviously, parked at the start of Portobello Road, approximately150 metres from, and not in sight of, the upstairs clinic on Pembridge Road.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Thank you for starting this thread.

She is extremely disingenuous. She tells everyone she doesn’t have a pension, or children, which is repeated ad nauseum, yet she owns three properties that are rented out - as she said in 2018, and lives in a third which she rents. She also loves to splash out on extremely expensive clothes and shoes including Stella McCartney items, all featured in her YouTube channel.
Her latest blog was advertising a website which had pound shop articles like Yankee Candles which are dangerous to burn around animals inside a house due to their toxicity.
She did get a lot of dissenting comments afterwards.
She also had a relationship with a married fellow presenter, George Wembley, for about five years. He died in 2011, after taking the drug Meow Meow. She claims not to have known that he was married, and said that if she had known then she would have shared him. 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Thank you for starting this thread.....it’s not just me who finds this lady disingenuous then...phew....
I did see someone in her comments describe her as “ the oldest spoiled brat on YouTube” and for me that sums it up perfectly. She is so rude to some people and so then so sickeningly sycophantic to others. Her “posing” in outfits reminds me of the sort of thing one saw in Littlewoods catalogue circa 1982.....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For the benefit of those who've not been over on the BBC Radio thread, I'll fill in here with some bits from there...

She often drives while filming for her vlog: ...filming herself and looking into the camera while driving along the Marylebone Road. She was driving westbound from Baker Street, took the slip lane to Edgware Road, then crossed it onto the lane that leads towards Paddington Station. She was looking left into the camera as she was approaching the point where traffic enters on the right from the flyover, all the while talking to the camera and trying to pay attention to her satnav. I am surprised such a professional Londoner needs a satnav to get from Marylebone to her destination of Kensal Rise which is barely 3 miles away but if she was unsure she should not have been filming while trying to faff her way there. If an accident had taken place her behaviour might well be considered as driving without due care and attention.

Dog expert: Not long ago Jo Good was interviewing the vet Bruce (father of Ben) Fogle about his new book. He is/was her vet and said that he remembered when she got her dog that he thought she was a "naive owner", or words to that effect. It seemed as if he felt she'd seen a dog type she fancied and rushed to a breeder to buy one before she'd looked into the characteristics and health issues associated with the breed. She tried to laugh it off but I'm sure she was pee'd off as it doesn't tally too well with her professional dog broadcaster act. She bought her dog a long time ago but I bet if she were to get one nowadays she'd be "sourcing a rescue" and virtue signalling all the way.

Interviewing Mrs Hinch last week: That interview yesterday was just awful. JG often brings up trolling when talking to influencers, and then of course turns it to herself, this time she mentioned that she is too old to be bothered by trolling. Unless she's referring to being contacted directly by "trolls", I'm not aware of much mention or criticism of her online, unless I don't know where to look. There is only scant mention of her on Tattle and her YT comments are almost universally fawning.

Her radio interview yesterday on the subject of scams: ...someone so inept as Jo Good is being allowed to cover the subject of scams, she is surely adding to the confusion instead of helping her listeners as she is purporting to do as some sort of community service. She spends so much time asking "who would do such a thing" when the answer is simply criminals. She says she doesn't want to scare people but she is so busy conflating phone scams, eBay rip-offs, phishing, street hustles and consumer issues that she is surely rendering her listeners more even bewildered and worried. She has referred her listeners to "trustedpilot" (sic) to find out if a website is genuine - any scammers worth their salt would be busy setting up a site in this name to profit from confused listeners finding their way there.

Her listeners were already confused enough: ...the listener who bought tat from China via Facebook that arrived not-as-advertised, was your standard "oh dear poor thing" piece but then came the revelation that she'd done so three times. One item was "ivy already on a fence" that was actually measured in inches rather than feet, and a rottweiler holding a dish, which I think was also smaller than expected.

Povvo shopping, possibly in response to criticism of her big-spending: ... #AD She said she ordered from that site as she has no pound shops near where she lives. She's very close to Church Street market where you can buy all manner of similar bargain bits, and Camden is not far either. There is also a Poundland on Portobello Rd close to where she parked to go to the osteopath. She says she sticks to a limited diet (mainly fish cakes and terrible soup) so certainly wouldn't eat the multi-packs of sweets featured, and she has a cleaner so would not use the cleaning products, nor would she need the garlic chopper as she proudly doesn't cook.

Just to be clear, I would have no issue with her owning 3 properties, or 300 hundred properties, I just can't abide the hypocrisy of her playing poor when it suits.

Reactions: 7
She is what my mother would have called “affected” and imo offers minimal content combined with maximum “ begging”.....sad, very sad...

Thank you for starting this thread.....it’s not just me who finds this lady disingenuous then...phew....
I did see someone in her comments describe her as “ the oldest spoiled brat on YouTube” and for me that sums it up perfectly. She is so rude to some people and so then so sickeningly sycophantic to others. Her “posing” in outfits reminds me of the sort of thing one saw in Littlewoods catalogue circa 1982.....
My pleasure. The comment was "MiddleagedStageSchoolBrat", but yours is probably better! And I think there will be quite a few of us who think the same about her. She is sickly sweet to influencers as she wants to ride on their coat tails. When on the BBC she is supposed to be impartial but all she does is praise them all to heaven and allowing them to promote themselves.

Reactions: 3
She also had a relationship with a married fellow presenter, George Wembley, for about five years. He died in 2011, after taking the drug Meow Meow. She claims not to have known that he was married, and said that if she had known then she would have shared him. 🤦‍♀️
Oh wow I didn't know he was married, did they not live together? I remember her showing another flat, in Marylebone (ofcourse!) and saying she spent a lot of time there / lived there with her partner before he died - or if I got the wrong end of the stick?

Reactions: 1
Oh wow I didn't know he was married, did they not live together? I remember her showing another flat, in Marylebone (ofcourse!) and saying she spent a lot of time there / lived there with her partner before he died - or if I got the wrong end of the stick?
George Webley was autocorrected to Wembley. 😬

yes, he was married and apparently told her he was separated from his wife. He died at their family home outside of Milton Keynes. If you google his and her name, there were a lot of telling articles at the time , especially in the Mail. She stayed in his rented flat while her flat was being renovated. His obituary had to be redone to include his wife. JG did not go to his funeral. It’s difficult to know if he and his wife had an open marriage or if he was just being a head.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
George Webley was autocorrected to Wembley. 😬

yes, he was married and apparently told her he was separated from his wife. He died at their family home outside of Milton Keynes. If you google his and her name, there were a lot of telling articles at the time , especially in the Mail. She stayed in his rented flat while her flat was being renovated. His obituary had to be redone to include his wife. JG did not go to his funeral.
That sounds awful, who knew Jo was so scandalous.

She’s done a midweek vlog of herself running on the pavements wearing free running gear that she’s now flogging with a 20% discount. The clap back has started with people complaining about the product placements. She also has a lot of adverts running throughout. Running in the dark while filming yourself seems like madness. Several people said that running on pavements was a terrible idea.

She’s done a midweek vlog of herself running on the pavements wearing free running gear that she’s now flogging with a 20% discount. The clap back has started with people complaining about the product placements. She also has a lot of adverts running throughout. Running in the dark while filming yourself seems like madness. Several people said that running on pavements was a terrible idea.
I had to skip much of it, it was just Jo being self indulgent as always. You wouldn't know the UK is still in lockdown from watching her. I wonder what her neighbours think about her setting up all these shots in the corridors. She acts like she's the only one living there!

Reactions: 2
I had to skip much of it, it was just Jo being self indulgent as always. You wouldn't know the UK is still in lockdown from watching her. I wonder what her neighbours think about her setting up all these shots in the corridors. She acts like she's the only one living there!
Yes. The shots she sets up in the street are also peculiar. I remembered that she once said she was mugged while walking home from the BBC in the middle of the night and indeed, she mentioned it in the comments which are worth reading. Jo Good - She’s running in the dark instead of in the park.

I’ve just watched yesterday’s MiddleAgedMinx mid-week vlog and it seems as if this thread couldn’t have come soon enough. This was practically a straight-up ad, she barely bothered to pad out the short video with much non-ad stuff for her fawning followers like cleverer influencers do. At least this time she included AD in the description box, unlike her mid-week haul video last month where she unboxed a substantial parcel from Next Beauty, declaring that it wasn’t an ad as they sent the items to her unsolicited, while admitting she had worked with them in the past.

About Yvette Sports she clearly states “they’re an American company” when at first glance the only thing American I can see is that their website shows prices in $US. This is usually an indication that a company is based in China; a quick look on their website under Company Location shows “China Branch” then further down it refers to Finland and Germany branches, presumably they ship via Germany to the EU destinations. Yvette Sports gives a US address for customers to post returns, it is an industrial park in California, I am guessing this is because the customer must pay postage for returns and no one in the US would want to post anything back to China.

In the video she claims “you don’t pay tax” - does she mean sales tax, import duties, excise? How can she make such broad claims when she seems unaware which territories the goods are shipped from, and can’t speak for every destination they might be shipped to?

Another red flag for the China connection is the text about the products which is pasted into the YT description box, she didn’t even bother to spend 10 minutes editing to localise the item descriptions, they have the typical Chinese manufacturer turn of phrase eg “…highlights the figure, increases the fashion sexy style”, is that really how she wishes to address her audience?

She states the sitewide discount is “due to me” when they have the same discounts available on their Instagram ; you can also buy the brand on UK Amazon in £, many items are marked down there for Black Friday. The same discount is likely available all over the place, Yvette Sports don’t seem terribly exclusive with their Influencer Program, from their website:

Influencer program Are you an influencer who loves working out? Do you own a Instagram, a YouTube channel or other social networks? Do you want absolutely free activewear? Are you looking for a long-term business relationship? Then don’t hesitate to send us an email ([email protected]) about yourself. You may get free clothing that is worth US$40 to US$200 every month!

But worst of all is the hypocrisy of Jo Good discussing sustainable fashion at length on her BBC Radio London show yesterday while simultaneously posting a vlog advertising a volume manufacturer who supplies worldwide from a Chinese factory.

How can she not have spent three minutes Googling an operation she is putting her name to? I would not be surprised if on today’s radio show she gets on to the subject of “keeping fit during lockdown” in order to chime in with an aside that she’s just vlogged about taking up running, hoping to direct BBC listeners to her ad on YouTube.

Jo Good advised her radio listeners earlier in the week that they can check out the credibility of websites on "Trustedpilot" (sic). Her followers might like to check out Yvette Sports on Trustpilot. They are rated "poor" with 2.6 stars.

Last edited:
That is horrific that Yvette are rated poor on Trustpilot. I couldn’t see the AD marking and all the other blurb on my phone and had to switch to an iPad. I presume that her editor did all of that work for her. As she said in the comments, she needs to do adverts in order to pay him. 😏

That is horrific that Yvette are rated poor on Trustpilot. I couldn’t see the AD marking and all the other blurb on my phone and had to switch to an iPad. I presume that her editor did all of that work for her. As she said in the comments, she needs to do adverts in order to pay him. 😏
I know, it's terrible that she does not undertake even the most rudimentary checks of what she choses to promote. Nicely ironic that she was recommending trustpilot to her listeners so recently on her "don't be scammed" radio segment.

I can't see any description box content when I watch YT on my TV, but I can on my phone and PC. It should be required that #AD is visible no matter what device is used. It was likely Filipe her editor (who seems to be a charming and talented guy) who posted the item description bumpf for her, the least she could do would be to cast an editorial eye over it before having it uploaded in her name.

I noticed more challenging comments than usual on her YT just now, it seems we are not the only ones who are noting her increasing hard sell. I wonder if any of her devoted followers will find this thread, it could be an eyeopener for them.

JG probably thinks or hopes that Filipe will have done everything necessary. As I said in the BBC Radio thread, she makes a lot of things up, including comments like Jo, I love your programme. I had sent her an email about something and she read it out, but added the I love your programme which I definitely hadn’t included. She often said that her producer didn’t like her reading out praise, but she’s never stopped doing so and undoubtedly enhances other emails.

• Haha
JG probably thinks or hopes that Filipe will have done everything necessary. As I said in the BBC Radio thread, she makes a lot of things up, including comments like Jo, I love your programme. I had sent her an email about something and she read it out, but added the I love your programme which I definitely hadn’t included. She often said that her producer didn’t like her reading out praise, but she’s never stopped doing so and undoubtedly enhances other emails.
Yes, she would play the card that all she does is film and send it to him, thinking it would absolve her of all responsibility. Some of her fans are really quite dim, one is replying to a comment about not liking the ad content, the follower replied saying not every one sees the same ads, thinking that the commenter means the ads that pop up during the video, she doesn't even recognise that the vlog is an ad in itself.

• Haha
Just discovered her, so thanks for the thread and bio. Interesting to read about her property investments.

Selling a story about her deceased married lover was a particularly low moment. Here's a clue - if a man claims to be seperated, yet demonstrates no desire or inclination to introduce you to his family (including multiple children and grandchildren) after several years together, you're probably the mistress. Disingenuous would be generous.

As an aside, I fully respect that getting older is a privilege, but is 65 really considered middle-aged?

Reactions: 10
Just discovered her, so thanks for the thread and bio. Interesting to read about her property investments.

Selling a story about her deceased married lover was a particularly low moment. Here's a clue - if a man claims to be seperated, yet demonstrates no desire or inclination to introduce you to his family (including multiple children and grandchildren) after several years together, you're probably the mistress. Disingenuous would be generous.

As an aside, I fully respect that getting older is a privilege, but is 65 really considered middle-aged?
Middle aged is stretching it. She also likes to describe herself as A Woman of Indeterminate Age.

Another thing she does is say she can’t afford any cosmetic surgery etc and hasn’t had anything done yet her male producer reminded her on air one day that she had had Profilo. I do think that she is angling for a ‘gifted’ face lift which she can then blog about. I also think she’s had Botox (nothing wrong with that) and she’s definitely had her teeth capped. It’s the saying she’s too poor to have these procedures which is infuriating.
72BCC655-E9BD-42FB-BA22-4543002B4A84.jpeg
3B3F4BE8-2517-4AD4-AD09-D9DD1A527722.jpeg
8C2407C5-F84A-4694-93D1-CF113F768F31.jpeg

Last edited:
I also think she’s had Botox (nothing wrong with that) and she’s definitely had her teeth capped. It’s the saying she’s too poor to have these procedures which is infuriating.
I read somewhere ages ago where she mentioned having £20K of cosmetic dental work.

Jo Good will be interviewing Nadine Baggott on her BBC Radio London show tomorrow afternoon. A chance to hear her crawling to an influencer while trying to lure some of NB's 130K followers to middleagedminx.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.