Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
Sorry @Mustard I did see you mention this in another thread the other day and got sidetracked and completely forgot. Nope, not heard a thing. Fkrs 6 months!
Wow. I suggest you send it again and copy it to Tim Davies, the new DG. Also, do an FOI request re how many complaints they received in total.

Reactions: 3

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Jo Good middleagedminx again dropping in advertising for a lipstick from a brand who have "supported" her for some time. As always she doesn"t label this YouTube video as an #AD in the video title as per ASA guidelines.
View attachment 814427
View attachment 814429

And, further shadiness from this woman Tattlers, she continues to tell listeners to her BBC radio show about her YouTube channel, she reads out the handle hoping people they find their way to her ads. Is this what we pay our license fee for?
I’m sure the new top guy at the BBC warned them all when he took over about personal interests overlapping with their BBC work. Plus, is it not an abuse of her position to continually promote her own private commercial venture on air? - it’s not as if she’s a guest doing an interview as part of a book tour or something 🤷🏼‍♀️

Zantezoo

VIP Member
They didn’t used to have to declare them so a lot of them have built the impression that they’re a lot better off than they were by showing a constant stream of new purchases, so now don’t want to admit that it’s entirely subsidised by brands.
Thank you. It’s one of those teeth bugs I’ve always wondered about.

It should be a rule that the ad or gift Ed has to be a certain font and colour and placed in a certain corner of the screen. Dresslikeamum puts hers in white in the corner. Does my head in !!

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Again on her YouTube vlog posted yesterday Jo Good @middleagedminx is advertising a makeup brand, and one of those mats/ bolsters with little spikes on.

She says boldly that they are not ads. She uses the old trick of saying that she bought one item from the makeup brand, implying this means it's not an ad. But IT IS AN AD because she is advertising a discount code.

20211004_102203.jpg

She says the mat/bolster is not a paid ad. Many influencers use semantics in this way, she might not have been paid a fee for the ad, but she gives out a code from which she will presumably receive a commission.

Her delivery here is a study in insincerity. Breathy "trust me" tone. Says she doesn't know if similar products exist, despite having being sent a different green and blue version a while back from a different brand, She also implies that the mat and bolster has properties comparable to acupuncture treatment from Harley Street (which she credits for easing her asthma 5 minutes after it was diagnosed). She also credits it with boosting her energy and sleep issues now that her radio show has been unceremoniously shunted to a late slot.
20211004_103046.jpg

20211004_103858.jpg

• Angry

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
On her BBC Radio London show yesterday Jo Good did a whole segment promoting a dog show in Coventry. Both Jo Good and her dog expert mate and co-presenter Anna Webb will be appearing there. It's called Edition Dog Live, presented by the magazine Edition Dog, who Anna Webb writes for. :sneaky:

Neither JG or AW spoke transparently about this on air, to declare if they will be receiving a fee. Is this yet another example of using the BBC airwaves to promote a personal commercial endeavour? I also can't see what an event in Coventry has to do with the remit of a BBC local radio station.

Anna Webb also has shady form, she regularly promotes various dog foods and products on her Insta, without clear declarations of them being ads etc.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Someone called Thrifty Towers who believed the speil from Jo Good Middle Aged Minx about US haircare subscription scheme is challenging her about it. This person feels mis-sold. Will MAM reply to this first-hand, valid comment? This person has made other comments that their budget means they shop in charity shops and M&S, in contrast to Jo Good buying and name-checking designer clothes.

The shampoo and conditioner is sent all the way from the States, at a cost of minimum £29. Gimmick is - as well as the usual hair-type versions - you could choose the colour of the liquid, fragrance, have your name stamped on the label.

Jo Good Middle Aged Minx loves to talk about sustainability but will shill for anyone who gives her an affiliate code.

20210531_082531.jpg

• Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
This woman 'dog expert' (not a vet) Anna Webb is always advertising on her Insta without declaring her posts being Ads. Dog food, leads, accessories. She promotes herself on Jo Good's BBC Radio London show, they are as thick as thieves and have the same sneaky and non-transparent approach to the advertisements. "ooh check out our socials for pictures of our dogs".

20220304_083642.jpg

OT but good to know, both of these selfish women put their dogs' bare bums on seats and tables in cafes and restaurants.

Attachments

• Sick

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
More from Jo Good on the same vlog today promoting a raw dog food company...

Note the careful choice of the word "earn". She may not earn money from Paleo Ridge but surely she receives a material benefit, most likely free food for the dog. Why else would she name check and display the product?

Why would she call herself an ambassador if she's just a customer?

20210912_190338.jpg

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I follow a micro influencer with about 25k followers on insta. She never posts anything as ad or gifted to the point I actually thought she didn’t make any money from insta and was just very into fashion etc she’s very honest on q&a’s and did a YouTube on all things about influencing so it’s clear it’s her job and she’s confirmed she gets an income from it! She mentioned in the video that she doesn’t actually need to disclose ads or press trips - has there been a change? I’ve been wondering for ages why she wouldn’t need to mark stuff as ads. I think she’s also a model so would it just be classed as work as their actually getting paid to do a job rather than advertising? But then she def makes money through posting the ads! Very confusing
She’s lying. I don’t know who you’re talking about, but there are no exemptions from the law. Everyone needs to declare adverts and paid promotions, regardless of who they are. Report her.

• Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Back on this handy thread to record yet another instance of Jo Good (Middle Aged Minx) not marking an Insta post with #AD. Maybe she thinks she doesn't have to, after all the brand sponsors the dog, not her. :rolleyes:
20210311_060059.jpg

• Angry

PastorBake

Chatty Member
Another influencer crowd funding for financial help, this time a £30k tax bill ->

Not directly shady with their ads, but just shady with the entire fucking lifestyle? Not only how dare these people who don’t/couldn’t buy the items they flog to us continue flogging them via parasocial relationships, but also how dare they showcase insane levels of consumption that leave them in these scenarios? Then try and come back to the very ppl they’ve taken for dickheads to bail them out?

The only upside to the financial disaster 2024 will be is the ending of this influencer shite!
Wow, I've just seen this. The absolute brazen gall of asking strangers to pay your tax bill?!?! 😲

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
On her weekly YT vlog today Jo Good AGAIN pretending she's not advertising. Using all her old excuses "they just sent it to me" "it's not a promotion". "ooh I don't even know where you can buy it" but she then inserts the brand link in the description box but doesn't bother putting #AD in the YouTube title She treats her viewers as idiots. She is umming and goshing and clutching her chest as she does when lying.

Dear Jo. If you receive ANY benefit, gift, fee, consideration from a brand IT IS AN AD! You should be embarrassed by your unethical lack of transparency.

20220220_114637.jpg

20220220_120803.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow