Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
On her weekly YT vlog today Jo Good AGAIN pretending she's not advertising. Using all her old excuses "they just sent it to me" "it's not a promotion". "ooh I don't even know where you can buy it" but she then inserts the brand link in the description box but doesn't bother putting #AD in the YouTube title She treats her viewers as idiots. She is umming and goshing and clutching her chest as she does when lying.

Dear Jo. If you receive ANY benefit, gift, fee, consideration from a brand IT IS AN AD! You should be embarrassed by your unethical lack of transparency.

20220220_114637.jpg

20220220_120803.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3

Mustard

VIP Member
Yep, second time for her promoting Paula’s Choice without declaring it an ad. She’s wearing gifted pyjamas too.

• Angry

Calalily

Tara Maynard is constantly sharing AF
Even pawning her child off and pretending to be cooking in the kichen
She's always linking her own brand Milana studios .
Kelly Fitzsimons - missellamayandmommy
Started off selling bows and now sells her soul .
Every single story in an AF link . The majority of her clothing links are clothes made in the sweat shops in China.
Also , Kellys mate The Unlikely Stylist shares AF links but hides the AF up beside her profile . It's only when you hold it in place you can see it .
A girl named Bev is behind that account and around Christmas time she bought aload of items off Aliexpress or Shein and sold them in sets for quadruple the price

Attachments

• Haha

rosemarina

VIP Member
I keep meaning to ask this but what does the law in the UK say about undisclosed affiliate links for (I guess?) non-influencers? I mean if I had a blog and I posted an affiliate link without declaring that I’d make a cut of any purchases made, would I be subject to the same law as an influencer?

The reason I ask is that Esther Walker is absolutely TERRIBLE for this on her blog The Spike, and it’s really pissing me off. It’s not hard to put up a little disclaimer. She very cleverly does that thing a lot where she recommends something without saying where it’s from (or posting a picture) so most people will click on the link to find out more.

Careful where you click.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good is again using her BBC Radio London show to direct listeners to her personal monetised social media account.

Straight out of the traps at 6 minutes into her show last night she says "If you follow me on Instagram there's a picture of Anna and I having coffee in Chatsworth Road..." Says she wants to give a shout-out to the independent coffee shop but if listeners go to her Insta they will see a video #AD directly below for a skincare brand with whom she has a long-standing commercial relationship.

• Angry

Bellaboo83

VIP Member
The two that get on my tits the most are @gypsealust and @doyoutravel, they are in Indonesia though so I guess the rules are different? She is the worst, literally every story is an add for something, nothing is ever declared, I just want to pop on and tell you about this great skincare gadget I've been using (7 stories), tagging airlines when she flies and thanking them but never any disclosure about paid advertising/partnerships, gym wear, her sisters online store, nutritional supplements, her partners new clothing line, shops and cafes, take out food, her SILs PT business, weekends away, it's literally every story if it's not about her dog is advertising something without declaring it's an ad. It's so shady, drives me mad, I cant follow anymore. (rant over 🤣🤣)

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good, BBC Radio London presenter, who has a YouTube channel and Insta account called Middle Aged Minx, even though she is almost 66. A thread was set up for her by @VeeJayBee. She flogs things and says they aren’t an advert because she was sent them. She’s now been forced into lockdown due to not observing social distancing and yet she is still leaving her flat.
Thanks for this shout out @Mustard. I think Tattlers on this thread would find the Jo Good - I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum and me me me thread very interesting. It's only 8 pages long with a bio, so easy to catch up. Lots of supporting screenshots too. Come on over!

• Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
The BBC has pulled up Helen Skelton for promoting brands on her Instagram. So how has Jo Good got away with her antics for so long? In fact Jo is worse, she actually name checks brands, and gives her social handle while on air on the BBC. She also has representatives of brands on her shows as 'guests'.

20230806_104050.jpg

20230806_104105.jpg

Last edited:

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
More from Jo Good. This time she actually says in the YouTube description box that one part of her vlog is an ad, but neglects toput #AD in the YT title, as required by the ASA.

The vlog contains other undeclared ads but she again uses the classic sneaky influencer technique saying "under no obligation to film". But, Jo, you got a freebie facial and you did film and did broadcast it SO IT IS AN AD!!
20211114_154738.jpg

• Angry

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good middleagedminx again dropping in advertising for a lipstick from a brand who have "supported" her for some time. As always she doesn"t label this YouTube video as an #AD in the video title as per ASA guidelines.
20211017_164521.jpg

20211017_164536.jpg

And, further shadiness from this woman Tattlers, she continues to tell listeners to her BBC radio show about her YouTube channel, she reads out the handle hoping people they find their way to her ads. Is this what we pay our license fee for?

I heard back recently from reporting someone. Took around a month for them to reply and for one issue around a misleading ad, all they are doing is making a note of it or something. But I was told they weren’t taking forward a complaint I had over where #Ad is placed in an Instagram post. Random Segway, Basically the rule is that you should know it is an ad before you click “see more”. ASA can do something where it’s an ad but where it’s a gift/ should be tagged #gifted it’s something for the CMA which by the sounds of it make Instagram handle that despite there being no way of reporting it- so because my complaint was about a gift for that they did nothing. I also see a big difference between how they handle a repeat offender vs a newer one- with someone who I don’t think has been reported much as they’ve only just started increasing the ads, I got a reply within a week or so. But for Vicky Pattison, I’ve made numerous complaints and she’s always complaining about the ASA but they barely reply and if they do it takes a month and they don’t seem to do anything.
I think they’re struggling to keep up with the volume of complaints and keeping track of their own guidance/ where complaints need to go. It’s frustrating because it gets to the point where content has done the damage they’re supposed to protect against.
Thank you for this and agree completely. You’d hope that in the future platforms would be held as responsible for it so Insta etc would need to have a report function, but realistically it wouldn’t get to that unless they saw SUCH a decline in active users that they needed it as a means of luring us back.

Sadly I think the most effective approach is to contact the brands themselves saying you’ve informed the ASA that one of their content creators isn’t acting within regulation. But even then… a lot of the brands still heavily gifting are just cheap and nasty, and some of the worst offenders are trash for other reasons, so how effective that can really be who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2

or JusRollWithIt

VIP Member
Another day, another undeclared gift from Hinch.
The business confirmed they gifted it. At least the saviour of small biz shared the link this time? But no #gifted 🤷🏻‍♀️
D992E63C-3392-4DC3-9432-E48FCE6FB5D6.png

• Angry

Mustard

VIP Member
Yet another example of Jo Good aka MiddleAgedMinx advertising a high street brand, giving aff links but not transparently identifying this IG post as the #AD that it is.

Remember too that Jo Good often uses her BBC radio show to mention her social media channels telling listeners they will find cute pics of her dog and her outfits etc. She is hoping they will also see her advertising that is not disclosed as such.
View attachment 872016
Yuck. She looks like a trolley Dooley.. 😏

• Haha

Mustard

VIP Member
She was on her BBC Radio London show again this morning, boasting how many likes and follows she's getting, probable flexing her numbers to attract more brands to gift / sponsor / pay her. And she mentioned that the Daily Mail featured her IG post in the bath.
Maybe the Middle Aged Minx will be tempted to get in her tub with her new puppy, in the hope that the Mail will pick it up. She’s already talked to them about her being a mistress and her anorexia. And this. Modelling a little black dress with other women.

Attachments

• Wow

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Thanks for the heads-up @Mustard on other threads about Vanessa Feltz @vanessafeltzofficial now joining Insta. She was always a self-confessed luddite, only ever using a mobile phone to text but now has joined IG, with lots of #gifted dresses already featured, but no sign of transparency of them being an #AD. Tattlers are wondering who is running her account, perhaps her daugher or her partner, both of whom are active on social media.

She, like Jo Good, is also using her BBC radio shows (Radio 2 and BBC Radio London) to direct listeners to her advertising platform.