Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
Jo Good's Middle Aged Minx You Tube vlog of 1st August 2021 contains advertising for Chantecaille, Gatineau and Current Body.

The video title should contain AD, as per ASA regulations.

If she wasn't advertising them why would she mention the brands and discount code? It matters not one bit that she claims it is not an ad.

Nor does it matter if she did or didn't get a fee (more fool her and her idiot agent) It is still an AD.

She says "Current Body is a gift no obligation to film" but she DID film therefore it is an AD.

It is clear cut case for the ASA. Advertising 3 different brands in one video???

She really thinks people are idiots.

A commenter on her You Tube pointed this out but Jo Good (or a channel admin) deleted it. The comment was screenshot for posterity before deletion.
View attachment 691238
Why do these people think gifted is not advertising when they still feature it on their vlogs? Surely a true gift would never be mentioned.

Reactions: 7

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Why do these people think gifted is not advertising when they still feature it on their vlogs? Surely a true gift would never be mentioned.
Indeed.

If I were filming a vlog of my day for non-advert purposes I would say " My friend Sally gave me a nice perfume to say thanks for helping her out with few things, AND my boss gave me a restaurant voucher for hitting my target! Anyway, I better go and wash my face now before bed".

I certainly wouldn't be putting in links and giving out discount codes, after all what would be in it for me to do that?

The defence that influencers use is that they can't say just that as "someone always asks what I'm using/where I'm going". That's fine BUT the point at which they supply all that info turns it into an advertisment.

I actually believe brands who use influencers who do not comply with ASA regulations should be called out directly.

• Heart

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
This one is getting awful fond of putting “ad” in place of and 😔

I’m surprised she doesn’t have a thread actually, loves nothing more than eye fucking herself fixing her hair on stories 😞
She wants reporting to the ASA. It should go at the top of the post "so readers can decide whether or not they want to engage with the content".

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
With Mrs Hinch the AD is tiny, white on white for much of it, on it's side and bunched next to other text.

Hardly being open and transparent with a clear AD

• Angry

dressagediva

After today's news on the ASA doing something (well ok just a warning but still) with the Molly Mae fraudulent giveaway, I hope more people will report these people breaking rules. It shows they do act on complaints from the public.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
If you go check out her thread on here you’ll get the full details, but apparently she did have at least some of the funds because she was then tweeting sadly about how now she’ll never be able to buy a home? So she really truly thought she’d get to keep her savings cos we’d all chip in?! Looool. Honestly when reality hits for this group they’re in for SUCH a shock as to how the real world of work is & the state of the economy.

Yel

Chatty Member
The fines the ASA must hand out are ridiculous
That's the thing they don't, the ASA can't even deal with 0.01% of the ads on social media. It's effectively unregulated and influencers love it that way. They get to pretend they're regulated but they know even for clear breaches the most they're ever likely to get is a slapped wrist. The asa once or twice a year make an example of a few people to give the illusion of regulation and control.

• Heart

sugarytea

Some of them are so shady about PR gifts too. Like its not like they're gifted these things bc they're liked, its because of their influence. But so many try and spin it as 'so and so from boohoo sent me this, she's such a babe'..UM no they sent you it to you to advertise, you absolute melon

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
Not sure if it’s shady, but it seems very unethical. Alex Jones from The One Show has posted a few ADs with both Pampers and Cadbury. The Pampers had text under the heading at very top saying paid partnership with Pampers, plus ad in the text. Cadbury had ad in the text. She had a lot of negative comments. Getting paid by a company to advertise their generosity in donating their non biodegradable nappies. Plus, she’s a BBC employee. However, I don’t think she mentions her socials like Jo Good, Middleaged Minx does on her radio show.

The Cadbury one was about sustainability which is inaccurate as they use palm oil as well as not being fairtrade. There was good information in the comments. She was also heavily criticised in the comments.

• Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
It isn’t hard. They are choosing to obscure the ad because they want you to think they pay for stuff and actually like the products etc otherwise they look like the salespeople they are. If other advertising is subject to tight rules it baffles me why “influencers” are not subject to the same stringent rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you for sharing this. Interestingly, Stacey Solomon and her father have not been declaring their gifted holidays this year totalling thousands of pounds. Today Stacey’s dad - photography by davids has attended an arsenal match and tagged Champneys spa but not mentioned that it’s gifted which it is as other influencers have been gifted the same. Why can’t these influencers just be truthful with the people that follow them? A lot of them have been gifted events such as concerts, Lapland uk but they never declare them as gifted. Their followers think they’ve actually paid to go to these events. A bit of transparency and honesty would be nice.

• Wow

Captainmouse

VIP Member
More shadiness from Jo Good who is continuing to use her BBC radio show as a platform to spruik her ad-heavy social media accounts. We pay for the BBC through our license fee and no form of advertising is allowed.

Again last night on BBC Radio London gave out her Instagram handle several times. This was ostensibly so listeners could see the brief livestream at the start of one segment. It is more likely she has contrived this so she attracts more followers to her own Instagram account, harvesting eyeballs to see the advertisments she places there.

She was joined in the studio by dog expert Anna Webb, whose handle she also gave. Both Jo and Anna have been showing deliveries of dog food on IG, hashtagging the brand so it would be fair to assume they have a commercial arrangement. If not they surely would have indicated #notsponsored or similar.

I really do not know why the BBC allows this, the livestream should go out via BBC-operated IG account, not via the perosnal, monetised account of the presenter.

I know we shouldn't be surprised by any of this, being simply the latest example of Jo Good's usual shady behaviour, but it's worth noting for the record. It also points out the hypocrisy of Jo Good claiming (last Sunday on her radio show) that she doesn't promote her socials on the radio.
Is it worth reporting the bbc for allowing this?

In the past other Tattlers have mentioned making complaints about her but as she is still getting away with it I doubt they'd listen.
They do listen, we've gotten Charlotte Scammer Dawson posts removed and named and shamed 4 times on the non-compliant influencer list.

LavaFlake

VIP Member
I’m sick of the Affiliate Link Swipe Up shite which doesn’t explain that they get a commission and also doesn’t explain that if you swipe up for something from, for example, Amazon, it leaves cookies on your account and that ‘influencer’ will then get a commission on anything you buy from Amazon for the next 30 days or so.
If you clear cookies on your browser will it clear the affil links do you know?

• Heart