Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
What I don’t understand is they talk about being so proud to work with brands yet her so shady about disclosing it.. if your gonna do an ad own it!!

ive reported a zlister twice in two days over not declaring properly!! Drives me mad!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Pinkii

VIP Member
Does anyone know know what actually happens to repeat offenders!?

i have reported so many smaller influencers and i always get a reply saying they have spoken to influencer etc.. which i know is true because then pics/vids would then be edited.

however if nothing gets done about it they wont bother… they don’t care about warnings do they?

there needs to be some kind of fine etc.

If people didnt do their job properly at work there would be consequences, not just warning after warning

MsGilmore

VIP Member
Another influencer crowd funding for financial help, this time a £30k tax bill ->

Not directly shady with their ads, but just shady with the entire fucking lifestyle? Not only how dare these people who don’t/couldn’t buy the items they flog to us continue flogging them via parasocial relationships, but also how dare they showcase insane levels of consumption that leave them in these scenarios? Then try and come back to the very ppl they’ve taken for dickheads to bail them out?

The only upside to the financial disaster 2024 will be is the ending of this influencer shite!
So fucking cheeky! I assume by ‘take out money’ she means that she has spent all of her income without thinking about the tax and National Insurance she will owe. Sounds like a you problem Stephanie!

Ohmydays

VIP Member
Lorna Luxe promotes her In the Style collection and never declares it as an ad . Had her wrists slapped by ASA but still does it . She also misses out AD on a lot of other stuff .

• Angry

House of Tea

VIP Member
The rising cost of living crisis is getting worse by the day. I wonder if influencers and the like will suffer because people will have little patience for their tone deaf postings showing off their freebies? One can only hope.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good Middle Aged Minx again. Constant mention of stress due to her gruelling 3hr evening radio shify making her skin spotty blah blah was of course leading up to......... an AD for a face mask.

As usual she has not indicated in the title of the video that it is an ad, she has just put the affiliate link in the description box.
20210919_133820.jpg

20210919_134521.jpg

20210919_140926.jpg

She also went to a new London Hotel in her latest YouTube vlog. Constant mention of the name of the hotel and the restaurant there would indicate it was a comp, but how can we know? Her usual lack of transparency leaves no one being able to trust her. If it wasn't a freebie she would have proudly said "not sponsored" and probably wouldn't have name checked. How can anyone trust her?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Farmer Sam

VIP Member
It’s actually against the code of ethics for the nutrition body she is signed to. The AfN. She is supposed to declare things such as ads fair and square with a hashtag too I believe.
That Airfryer ad is sooooo hidden. No hashtag and just stuck in the text. These things need reporting. They’re just a piss take and she should know better.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Middle Aged Minx (Jo Good, BBC Radio London presenter) has not declared her paid promotion with Paula's Choice in her latest IG post.

She regularly mentions her socials on her radio show, how does this sit with BBC guidelines on advertising?
20210221_092558.jpg

• Angry

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Slimy Jo Good aka @middleagedminx is AGAIN using a common YouTuber dodgy trick, she might not have received an actual fee from the brand for that video but she will receive a referral commission from the link she gives. I think she knows her mainly elderly, unsavvy followers wouldn't know this; she should be ashamed of exploiting their ignorance.
20211205_112534.jpg

20211205_112612.jpg

20211205_113331.jpg

She should be aware that the ASA still consider these types of promotion as advertising. Just because you aren't paid a fee does not mean it's not an ad. If there was nothing in it for her why would she bother?

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good never lets us down, every week promoting something but pretending it's not an AD because she knows someone behind it ("just a friend") and faking that she doesn't even know how you can find out about it....
20220417_133037.jpg

until she forgets her act and tells us there's a link below.
20220417_133122.jpg

So, let's ask again: Hey Jo, you always say how honest and transparent you are so why does this vlog not have the banner required by YouTube, they ask when you upload if each video IINCLUDES PAID PROMOTION. So Jo, do you tick the box saying "no" ?

Any why does the title of the vliog not contain the word AD? This is required for ASA compliance, so viewers can decide to engage with advertising or not.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Just like Jo Good (MiddleAgedMinx) whose BBC Radio London slots she's taken over, Jeanette Kwakye MBE doesn't know #gifted is not enough on an Insta post. Where is AD?
20210827_185807.jpg

I wonder if, again just like Jo Good, Jeanette will make regular mention of her socials on her show, thus leading BBC listeners to her advertising?

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Regular non-discloser of ads, Jo Good aka Middle Aged Minx is back at it. Given $245 pyjamas with feathers stuck on, from Sleeper. Does an Insta with no mention of gifted, or ad, sponsor.
20210912_212444.jpg

Then vlogs about the PJs on YouTube and, in description box (not always visible to all viewers), actually admits they were gifted but (the old excuse) there was "no obligation to promote".
But Jo, you DID promote so IT IS AN AD!
Screenshot_20210912-211712_YouTube.jpg

20210912_190504.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
It seems to me that Jo Good is lying by ommisssion, hoping to appear to be "transparent" about the promos that make up much of her vlogs flogs.

Her vlog last Sunday she visits a Harley Street vascular surgeon about veins on her legs. Do we really think she'd bother filming and namechecking the doctor and clinic several times in the vlog, and giving a link to his website, if there was nothing in it for her?

She comes off full QVC yet she disingenously indicates in the vlog text "THIS VIDEO IS NOT SPONSORED". She uses this woolly term which she hopes brushes off any questions as to her transparency. That vlog might not be sponored per se, but she might be getting future freebies/discounts, or maybe she just got the consultation fee waived, none of this is made clear.

Another red flag: if she was paying for this 100% herself she'd be proudly shouting it from her roof terrace.

She states the link for the clinic is not an affiliate link - well, it wouldn't be if she has a different type of promo arrangement with them. Indeed, who would expect a surgeon to take appointments via an aff link (which work with a click-though direct to purchase) - no one should be booking a serious medical procedure in that way.

To me this sort of bullshit "tranparency" indicates Jo Good's complete lack of respect for her viewers. She knows that most of them are of an age where they might be less savvy to the wily ways of influencers and social media spruiking - she's hoping her loyal stans don't know the difference between the various ways she can profit - whether by a sponsorship / direct appearance fee / aff link / referral commission / freebie / gift, etc.

True transparency would be "THIS VIDEO IS NOT SPONSORED BUT DON'T WORRY I'LL BE GETTING SOMETHING OUT OF IT ANOTHER WAY".

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
More Jo Good covert advertising. Pretends she has received "generous gifts" in the post, making it sound as if they are personal gifts, when in fact she got freebies from brands she namecheck and gives links to.

Quite a few of her YouTube viewers are calling her out on it, screenshot here as she has form in deleting.

One item is from a fashion brand she has partnered with before, they gift to many influencers.
20220110_062033.jpg

20220110_062134.jpg

Jo Good is continuing to direct her BBC radio London listeners to her YT advertising platform, luring them with tales of her new puppy.

• Wow