I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here 2022 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weirdly, I've actually voted Seann. It was a hard choice because I realised I don't actually like any of them enough to win and while Matt was my first thought, I still think he's a conman so I can't bring myself to say I *want* him to win, no matter what a good camp mate he's been. So for me, I went for Seann because I think he's a nice guy and it would give him a massive boost. Although I appreciate he has no chance.
I can't vote as I'm in Ireland but I would have done the same. For same reasons as you. Out of all of them, he needs the boost to his self esteem the most. But do I think he'll win? No, I think it'll be Jill, Mike, Owen or even Matt. I love to see Seann even get to the final though, as slim as the chance might be. I think if he even got near to the final he'd be happy. He was ecstatic when he didn't get voted out first, and every night Ant and Dec say to him "it's not you", he's thrilled to have lasted another day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry to see Scarlett go.
Seann to win for me because I think he's the only one who is not hiding his real swlf or being guarded.

Reactions: 15
It's more shades of grey than we think. I don't think Charlene was evicted because of race. People chose not to save her because of her behaviour in camp. As for Scarlette, people chose not to save her because as far as they were concerned, she didn't need it. Nobody actively disliked Scarlette, but the tribal nature of the viewers of this show resulted in her being overlooked.

As for me, and my OH, we are voting to save Matt every single night. Not because we are right wing Tory voters (nothing could be further from the truth) but because our "tribe" is capable of playing devil's advocate, unblinkered, capable of seeing the bigger picture, visceral dislike of bullying, and almost an obsessive desire not to follow the herd. I don't give a flying f**k what they think the populist opinion is on the outside, but I can see they have got it spectacularly wrong in camp. Nothing annoys a British person more than a bully, the silent majority will stand on the side of fair play, and hopefully be able to think for themselves.

Having said that I don't think Charlene and Scarlette's evictions were about race, I knew that there would be idiots who think it was. However, I can also see why they would think the way they do. If my mother (in her late 60's and a lifelong Tory voter, who also voted Brexit) and all of her friends are anything to go by, there is a lot of rampant racism in this country the language she uses, the things she says and has said to me over the years makes me cringe. BUT..here is the important bit- neither my mum nor any of her pals watch IAC, never have, never will.so I still don't think there was a racist element to the vote, as a vote to SAVE, how can there be?
Love this post. As a Tory voter most of my life, I have become totally p*seed off with the current crop, led by Boris, and as a Remainer, furious that we had the referendum and that we voted Leave. And I was livid when Matt Hancock decided to go into the Jungle, as I feel he should be in his constituency at a time of crisis in the country and when the government is so under fire. I felt it was unhelpful to both his constituents and to the wider party.
That said, I have been disgusted with how others have behaved towards him, and like you, my partner and I have been voting for him every night. No-one likes to see people treated like that, and actually he has come across as quite a nice bloke. I hope he wins. The poll on this thread certainly suggests he will!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can see the media (perhaps with Charlene’s help) latching on the race angle and making it all about that from now on. Then esp if Mike goes on to win there’s going to be that taint – that the ‘racist’ British public voted for a member of ‘tHe RaCiSt RoYaL fAmIlY’ (🙄).

So now I REALLY hope, more than ever, that Jill wins. She won’t be tainted by it the way a straight white (and yes, highly privileged) man would. Winning would be a poisoned chalice now and disastrous (although totally unfair on him personally) PR.

Sad it’s come to this but hey, this is the 2020s.
Oh Charlene will 100% jump on this as racist.

Reactions: 12
Another thing that didn't work in Scarlettes favour is she clearly really wanted this. That won't win votes. Although perhaps understandable as she seems like the lowest profile, especially as her known for is "Former A Place in the Sun presenter".

The average itv viewer is probably in their 60s - this was in 2017, although the older demo might not be the one voting. I know my parents would struggle verifying their mobile number with the app 😆
View attachment 1749027
Ah interesting, we all watch it though 😂 my mum says Boy George was like Beyonce in the 80s so would explain his attitude

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Scarlette’s done lots of bits and bobs in backgrounds so her IAC jaunt was a platform for her.

I think she is happy to be out as it was enough to get her name out there, she will be judged as friendly, and for the person who called BG out.

I feel she was performing a lot of the time, she is fame hungry. She has worked on Ant and Dec shows before.

I hope she doesn’t join the Charlene ranks calling out racism and blaming Matt for shite.

Reactions: 7
Apologies if you have seen this… I read it earlier and should have taken pic … earlier the article said he threw s strop because sometimes the crew take Sue back after trials in a golf buggy and wouldn’t take him .. either it was another article or they have removed the Sue bit… Sue getting special treatment again
View attachment 1748989
No fan of Sue, but I'd imagine maybe Sue provided medical documentation prior to doing the show about whatever conditions she has. I'm sure if BG had a similar debilitating medical condition and provided evidence of same to ITV, he'd have been able to have a buggy too.

Reactions: 3
Love this post. As a Tory voter most of my life, I have become totally p*seed off with the current crop, led by Boris, and as a Remainer, furious that we had the referendum and that we voted Leave. And I was livid when Matt Hancock decided to go into the Jungle, as I feel he should be in his constituency at a time of crisis in the country and when the government is so under fire. I felt it was unhelpful to both his constituents and to the wider party.
That said, I have been disgusted with how others have behaved towards him, and like you, my partner and I have been voting for him every night. No-one likes to see people treated like that, and actually he has come across as quite a nice bloke. I hope he wins. The poll on this thread certainly suggests he will!
What have they done that’s so disgusting? Talked about him behind his back? BG saying it too his face?
He put more food in his bowl than the others, asked for food when he had been to the bbq. Didn’t wash the bowl after using it, expecting Sue too do it. I’m not seeing it. If I was in there I would constantly be asking him questions about why he did what he did, I wouldn’t care about how uncomfortable he was. He didn’t give a tit about us when he was breaking his rules or guidelines

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The issue with him is that he WAS a big deal in the 80s but nobody watching I’m a celeb knows his gravitas, we’re mainly a bit young :) So he can’t get used to being on the same level as place in the sun presenters- it’s an identity thing
I'm very tickled that Seann is higher up in the latest betting, than BG. 25/1 v. 80/1.

Latest betting odds, owen extending lead to win. Looks like it's between sue and Baba tonight if one is going.

View attachment 1748774
BG, Chris Moyles and Sue Cleaver are the biggest surprises. Or would have been had anyone seen these odds prior to the jungle. Their behaviour in there means the betting is reflecting how they've come across, but if you'd asked me before they went in, I never would have placed them so far down the list, even Moyles whom I never really liked.

What have they done that’s so disgusting? Talked about him behind his back? BG saying it too his face?
He put more food in his bowl than the others, asked for food when he had been to the bbq. Didn’t wash the bowl after using it, expecting Sue too do it. I’m not seeing it. If I was in there I would constantly be asking him questions about why he did what he did, I wouldn’t care about how uncomfortable he was. He didn’t give a tit about us when he was breaking his rules or guidelines
Exactly. Plus the fact that we are paying his wages while he tosses it off on a reality show.

Reactions: 14
I really hope this gives Seann the boost he needs. He made a mistake but he's changed and that goes a long way. People like Sue, BG and Chris made mistakes BUT are still awful. That's the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Another thing that didn't work in Scarlettes favour is she clearly really wanted this. That won't win votes. Although perhaps understandable as she seems like the lowest profile, especially as her known for is "Former A Place in the Sun presenter".
Yeah when she said she wanted to have experience of every task in case she made the final, I think she kind of assumed she would.

How ironic, the little bitchy group CM BG and crappy Arse Sue slagging Matt off…

Sue got done for drink driving a few years ago, CM and all his dodgy tax evasion which he was done for, and BG’s rap list of crimes.

Lack of moral high ground for all 3 of them.

How many stars have they earned to feed campmates? Matt was voted for many trials at the start which was beyond their control yet they moaned about his efforts.

Matt has lots of chores now and doesn’t moan he just gets on with it. I don’t see him moaning. He gets put in his place for leaving his shaving water in the bowl or taking more food but he takes the criticism on the chin.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
No he still doesn't but he is certainly winning people over he really is a manipulative little weasel.

No fan of Sue, but I'd imagine maybe Sue provided medical documentation prior to doing the show about whatever conditions she has. I'm sure if BG had a similar debilitating medical condition and provided evidence of same to ITV, he'd have been able to have a buggy too.
Should she be there if she is not fit? How do some of them pass medicals ( the trial exclusion people not just picking on Sue) I would love to see footage of George throwing a hissy fit , stealing the apple and hiding behind a tree😂😂 course they won’t show that or the being ferried around on golf carts

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Seann to win, Matt second. Both incredibly complex characters, they’ve been fascinating to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.