Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jackolantern

VIP Member
There's no theory behind why black people, especially women, are consistently unpopular with the British public whenever there's a vote. It's an uncomfortable truth, but it takes some impressive mental gymnastics to deny there's a pattern.
Black/mixed race Strictly winners

Alesha Dixon
Ore Oduba

Big Brother

Brian Belo

X Factor (some members in bands)

Alexandra Burke
Little Mix
Rak-Su

Is there less black people who have won than white? Yes. But only 3% of the UK is black so actually, the proportion of black winners is much higher in comparison. Stop making problems where there isn't any.

Also I didn't include winners with other ethnicities such as Nadia Almada. So even more balanced if you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
This is like saying we have a prime minister of Indian descent, therefore Indian people don't face any discrimination in the UK.
Did I say that? I’m aware people face discrimination. I’m a poc. I don’t agree Charlene and Scarlette leaving was a race issue. Charlene’s annoying and Scarlette doesn’t have a fanbase.
I’ll leave it there because you’re just clutching at straws.

Reactions: 51

Renata

VIP Member
I hope Matt wins on the basis of his efforts and skills on the trials. He has consistently delivered.

he should be judged on that alone.

he has also not bitched or slagged anyone off in there.Unlike sue, bg and Chris.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 39

BonBon27

VIP Member
I’ve tried really hard to like Owen and sometimes I think he’s lovely, but this food thing 🙄😴😴🙄 I understand he’s having far less than he usually does and yes, he’s hungry. But seriously? It’s so boring now.

Reactions: 38

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Does anyone else get really pissed off when they say “I love you” to people they’ve know for 14 days? Or am I just a heartless old witch?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Peachsquish

VIP Member
I wonder how many "coincidences" it takes for it to keep happening again and again in reality shows before people will say hmm maybe there's something going on here.
That sounds so patronising to black or other non white races that we should just vote to save them because of their race, rather than judging on their own merits. It is not racism to dislike people's behaviour no matter what race they are.
Charlene showed herself to be selfish, fine if she doesn't want to share the RV but to then expect other people to suffer uncomfortable sleeping arrangements because of her choice is wrong. I would have felt the same if this had been any member of the camp no matter their race, age, or sexuality.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Good on you Owen for stepping up to do the trial while all the other lazy shits except matt sit and wait for somebody else to bring home the dinner

Reactions: 36

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Eileen is a lazy fat cow. Has she ever put herself forward for a trial or does she just sit on her lardy backside all day barking orders at the rest of them?

• Haha
Reactions: 34

jackolantern

VIP Member
Weirdly, I've actually voted Seann. It was a hard choice because I realised I don't actually like any of them enough to win and while Matt was my first thought, I still think he's a conman so I can't bring myself to say I *want* him to win, no matter what a good camp mate he's been. So for me, I went for Seann because I think he's a nice guy and it would give him a massive boost. Although I appreciate he has no chance.

Reactions: 34

Curly Top

VIP Member
I like that BG admitted that he only told Matt that he was bitching about him because Matt walked up to him in the middle of a bitch

Reactions: 33

Kellyg

VIP Member
Wow! Who's voted Matt to win! No thank you!
Me!! Every trial he has done hasn't phased him. Doesn't bitch about anyone and this maybe an unpopular opinion but that's exactly what were all entitled.....I like him!

• Heart
Reactions: 32