Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Sorry but why are people talking about her weight? 🙄 Pretty sure it's 2020 and women can do what, and look how they want. So what she's a yo-yoer, I personally think she looks great! She looks happy, trying a little bit too hard to be woke AF, but maybe that's her new thing because she wanted to change since her life changed? That happens a lot when you break up with someone after a long time/you have a life changing event such as a parent's death.

No wonder there's so many women trying to get down to a size which is unachievable!?
I am not seeing 'happy' as an emotion radiating out of any of her content.

It seems clear as anything that she moved in with joe way too fadt and has put all her eggs in this basket.

If her way if making a living is looking stylish and making others want to buy what she has - then she's in trouble. Atm i don't want what she's selling.

Reactions: 24

wagner1985

I totally agree with lots of the points made here. For me what was almost most frustrating about this video was there was no acknowledgement of how privileged and lucky she is to be able to take TWO MONTHS off work because she had Covid. Obviously we don't know how bad her symptoms were but from the way she described them, they appeared to be on the milder end of the scale. If I had Covid, I'd likely be expected to keep working from home throughout. In fact, I had a miscarriage over Christmas (not said for sympathy, just mentioned in relation to having something traumatic happen over the Christmas period), and I was back to work on the 4th Jan like everyone else.

I wish her all the best, I really do, and I hope she cracks it this time, but it really felt like a kick in the stomach when thinking about her experience and disappearance in relation to what others have been through over this past year.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Sunburnsjess

The gov announcement cancelling Xmas was on the 19th Dec. So she’s saying she tested positive on the 21st. Yet she got all dressed up for New Year’s Eve and was out for a New Year’s Day walk... she would have been just barely out of quarantine at this point. Yet she claims she was so incredibly unwell with covid that the entire months of Jan and Feb were a write off for her? Yeah no I don’t buy it sorry. Something is def off here/she’s not being fully truthful.

Reactions: 23

Lola123

VIP Member
Update video:
She had a “breakdown” when Christmas was cancelled, she said she found it hard as she has happy memories around Christmas for her and her small family, was getting upset in the video
She tested positive for covid 2 days before Christmas. (Doing a series of tests before they were going to her family for Christmas, didn’t say if this was privately paid for) she felt scared and overwhelmed, she was very upset she got covid from sticking to the rules, mentioned people on Instagram that people on their closed friends lists they were having parties
She acts surprised like supermarkets weren’t the most common place to get covid.....
The second week - so Christmas she got progressively worse, lost her taste and smell. A month for it to come back
Would explain why she hasn’t been that frequently on the peloton (because she’ll still be recovering)
Her tree was up untill feb as she didn’t have the effort, she keeps saying me and mine
Waiting for her to say joe has left her because otherwise why couldn’t he have done it?
Says she struggled with YouTube; didn’t know who she was and lost her confidence, got guarded as she was “in the worst part of her life”
Now given herself a routine - so is time blocking
New year new me = starting a fresh and why she dyed her hair

• Wow
Reactions: 22

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I do have a bit of sympathy for her. She’s stuck wearing unflattering outfits because she doesn’t want to wear the kind of clothes that are flattering for her tall, curvy figure.

I am quite similar to Alix, a little bit taller and a size or two smaller (and er, more chesty), and I absolutely loathe that 50s style that anyone with boobs and hips is encouraged to wear. I hate it - it either looks Kirsty Allsopp frumpy or like you’re trying to be quirky and “alternative”. You have to be dressy to pull it off but honestly I just want to wear jeans and trainers most of the time. I want to wear simple and lowkey mainstream fashion, but most mainstream fashion is made for women with much smaller chests, so everything is either very booby or looks like I shoved an oversized sack over my top half in a vain attempt to cover my tits. Don’t even get me started on high necklines.

I digress. I get it, she wants to wear clothes that look better on straighter, slimmer figures. I do too. Alix definitely needs a more discerning eye though - that wrap cardigan was always going to make her look huge, and I don’t agree about tucking tops in at all, personally I look awful if I do a bloody french tuck.

She definitely needs to edit her choices more, but I think it’s very easy for people to misunderstand how difficult it can be for women who are “straight size” but towards the end of the spectrum (12,14,16) due to being tall and curvy. Clothes are just not made for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Sunburnsjess

Anyone else seen her Q&A on Instagram? I don’t believe her daily routine for a second tbh. She makes it seem like she works 6 hours a day which isn’t a lot regardless compared to most normal jobs, but she puts out basically nothing? So no way I believe she even works 6 hours a day though who knows what influencers define as work!

• Haha

Nope Nope

Her brows are actually worse than Anna Edit's brows. At least Anna's brows are her actual out of control brow hairs (looking like brooms) whereas Alix has this weird fake coloured-in brown halo around her actual brows. I'm very confused by the look 'cause it's not even trendy - she looks like she's going for the 2018 James Charles block brow and not a naturally voluminous brow?

Also; we're almost in April and she's showing a huge warm down puffer coat in black? Such timely recommendations...

Last edited:
  • Haha

snarkvark

VIP Member
Alix is dressing in a way that she thinks looks cool instead of being influenced by the style she likes and adapting it to suit her figure. Not saying she has to dress in a way that makes her look smaller/thinner (i think that's bullshit) just that she should focus on making outfits look good on her. Not just copying an outfit.

Reactions: 20

emzo22

I dunno, I always feel it is so unsafe when influencers mention stuff like these mood supplements, I checked up ashwagandha and this is unsafe to use in pregnancy / affects certain conditions and might increase thyroid hormone levels (I have an over active one myself)

I just feel like if you are going to promote a product, do add but don't take if blah blah blah and if you are stressed worth using food and other methods before relying on a supplement. If it says online "If a person chooses to use this herb as part of a treatment plan, they should be sure to discuss it with their doctor first. " Then she needs to add this to her video when promoting it!

Rant of the day lol but it does bug me, hopefully most people have common sense to check up this stuff anyway

• Heart

snarkvark

VIP Member
I also don't think there is anything wrong with looking larger. The cardigan works well to cinch her in at the waist, and the cream "shacket" is good with the slimmer trousers for proportion.
THis. I hate the idea that if you're larger you have to wear "flattering" clothes, which is essentialy just telling someone to look slimmer. Why? Being larger isn't a bad thing. You should wear what you enjoy wearing, not what makes you look thinner. I just wish Alix would do more styling contnet rather than just doing hauls all the damn time.

• Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
Sorry but she’s always full of excuses

christmas was hard for Majority of people, but they still had to get on with it and go to work and not see their families.

she needs to take some accountability and realise the way she lives isn’t good for her. She needs a job where she interacts with people and actually has to do work and maybe answer to someone, its amazing what a but of routine can do for you!

poopettemetis

VIP Member
How to style loungeware - I mean, you put it on, done. I guess I'm too simplistic here.
Jesus. What the fuck was that video? How to style sweatpants and sweatshirts. Maybe the human race does deserve extinction.

ETA: no wonder all these influencers have anxiety. I would too if my income depended on me talking so much about how to pair my sweatpants and sweatshirts with coats to go outside. Fuck me.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

hannah123

VIP Member
Alix always seems like someone who wants to do things because she thinks she should, but I question if she actually wants to.

Its like the only videos she uploads are her talking about wanting to upload more, wanting to read more, exercise more etc. Rather than just being who she is, for someone her age I’d have expected her to know who she is and what interests her now, even her style seems to change every time she uploads a video.

I just can’t bear to hear her for the 100th time say she wants to read more because she loves it despite getting through half a book last year.

• Haha

LolitaBlah

VIP Member
What are these brows? that shirt? that middle part? that flat hair?
why why? she's such a beautiful woman! why oh why?
Capture d’écran 2021-03-28 à 09.51.18.png

• Haha
  • Sad