Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of these influencers are actually in a ton of debt.
Agree - it’s not generally ‘normal’ to have 10+ designer bags without some debt, plus constant other shopping.
The companies house stuff is interesting too; there is potential but she just doesn’t seem bothered

Reactions: 4
Her new video - I’m sorry but she keeps referring to her ‘regular size’ as medium and says she “sized up” to a large in several items. Girl no. I’m no stranger to the lockdown weight gain myself so no hate but at 5’8 there’s no way she’s anything under a size 16/18. Just own it!

Reactions: 13
Her new video - I’m sorry but she keeps referring to her ‘regular size’ as medium and says she “sized up” to a large in several items. Girl no. I’m no stranger to the lockdown weight gain myself so no hate but at 5’8 there’s no way she’s anything under a size 16/18. Just own it!
100%
This screenshot.....
774E9836-71A3-4AAF-B4B9-C2DF7B6DEA5F.jpeg

Reactions: 9
I actually just looked at the sweatpants she got on the H&M website and all the reviews say they run really large and to size down. Yet she apparently “sized up” and they fit her great?

Reactions: 6
I actually just looked at the sweatpants she got on the H&M website and all the reviews say they run really large and to size down. Yet she apparently “sized up” and they fit her great?
She even mentioned they were a little tight in the thighs.

Reactions: 3
Wow. That haul was just duplicates (triplicates) of what she already has. The leather trench, the coat/blazer hybrid and both pairs of shoes NEED TO GO ASAP.

How does she manage to make such basic pieces look so uncomfortable. And for my typical sustainability rant, please see the latest on Inthefrow and Emma Hill’s threads 😂

Reactions: 5
h&m this year runs really big, i’m 5’10 size uk16 and wear small to medium in h&m dresses and shirts. so her regular h&m size could be medium. zara is whole another story, i’m mostly XL and sometimes i have to go up to XXL for a clothing item to fit properly. no shame in sizing up.

Reactions: 6
I will never understand how someone can buy 3 white jumpers/cardigans that all look exactly the same and go on raving about how unique they are. And how she's 'styling' everything. Man, when you wear black loose top with black loose pants, there's no styling involved. And how she raved about that tracksuit looking vintage. No gurl, it just looked like an hm tracksuit.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm just four minutes into her newest video but I continue to be baffled by this trend of tucking in chunky knit jumpers into jeans that are already a size too small. Alex says that it "elongates your legs" but it also adds an unnecessary bulge to your midsection and looks terrible from the side! Also, how that can possibly be comfortable to wear all day long? I just don't get it.

Reactions: 12
I know tucking in is fashionable now (it seems) but she really shouldn’t. Who tucks a cardigan in? I’m a fair bit older than her but it just looks wrong and doesn’t suit her body shape at all!

Reactions: 2
I do like the tucking in trend but agree it can make you look bulky in the mid section. I learnt to tuck jumpers etc under my bra and that works so much better!

Reactions: 5
The thing about mainstream fashion is that, let's be honest, it's literally made for slim bodies. Stylists learn to draw and make clothes on standard mannequins that are a small size, smaller brands say that producing and then stocking a wide range of size is a financial risk. Making clothes for bigger bodies (not that Alix is seriously overweight of course...) requires more knowledge and technical requirements (patterns can't simply be graded).

Styling is a another thing, we mostly see clothes styled on thin bodies. She's merely copying outfits that don't end up looking good on her but if she truly were a stylish person she could make clothes work for her but... you know, her being lazy and unimaginative is not going to help

Reactions: 12
The H&M clothing haul was so boring and so basic it seemed like a parody. Just endless beige and black polyester / acrylic fast-fashion sweatshop-made clothes. Also, I swear she is just getting bigger and bigger every video...

Reactions: 7
The H&M clothing haul was so boring and so basic it seemed like a parody. Just endless beige and black polyester / acrylic fast-fashion sweatshop-made clothes. Also, I swear she is just getting bigger and bigger every video...
I rolled my eyes at the comments praising the colour palettes and the tones and whatever. I don't get how this beige ass content could appeal to anyone

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am so sick of seeing influencers say they care about sustainability and boycotting Everlane and then continuing to work with brands like H&M who are literally THE WORST. It's so perfomative and hypocriticial. The thing is, their viewers don't care. Nobody calls them out or holds them accountable. It's easy to boycott certain brands because they're not paying these influencers bills but H&M are.

In her recent video, Alix's weight gain is really noticeable! I was pretty shocked. I've always loved that she was curvy and there's so much content she could be doing around styling for a fuller figure.... yet just like every other infleuncer, that would require effort!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her latest video is like a spoof! Her saying she’s not got a jumper like this one... ?!?!? Hun you have about twenty jumpers (oh sorry - ‘knits’ or ‘- piece’) like that one!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think she is lucky and that she can carry weight well, very hourglass, but she needs to dress for it properly.

Reactions: 11
I think the reason Alix is not interested in exploring full potential in her channel is probably either she knows she is going to get hand me down from her family or she knows that she doesn’t see herself in a marital arrangement yet and is just exploring a side of basic relief with her beau ...
I use to adore her fashion and beauty content a lot . Plus she also seemed like someone whowould go out and about. But now it’s just dog walk,coffee junk food repeat...

Reactions: 1
I do have a bit of sympathy for her. She’s stuck wearing unflattering outfits because she doesn’t want to wear the kind of clothes that are flattering for her tall, curvy figure.

I am quite similar to Alix, a little bit taller and a size or two smaller (and er, more chesty), and I absolutely loathe that 50s style that anyone with boobs and hips is encouraged to wear. I hate it - it either looks Kirsty Allsopp frumpy or like you’re trying to be quirky and “alternative”. You have to be dressy to pull it off but honestly I just want to wear jeans and trainers most of the time. I want to wear simple and lowkey mainstream fashion, but most mainstream fashion is made for women with much smaller chests, so everything is either very booby or looks like I shoved an oversized sack over my top half in a vain attempt to cover my tits. Don’t even get me started on high necklines.

I digress. I get it, she wants to wear clothes that look better on straighter, slimmer figures. I do too. Alix definitely needs a more discerning eye though - that wrap cardigan was always going to make her look huge, and I don’t agree about tucking tops in at all, personally I look awful if I do a bloody french tuck.

She definitely needs to edit her choices more, but I think it’s very easy for people to misunderstand how difficult it can be for women who are “straight size” but towards the end of the spectrum (12,14,16) due to being tall and curvy. Clothes are just not made for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I do have a bit of sympathy for her. She’s stuck wearing unflattering outfits because she doesn’t want to wear the kind of clothes that are flattering for her tall, curvy figure.

I am quite similar to Alix, a little bit taller and a size or two smaller (and er, more chesty), and I absolutely loathe that 50s style that anyone with boobs and hips is encouraged to wear. I hate it - it either looks Kirsty Allsopp frumpy or like you’re trying to be quirky and “alternative”. You have to be dressy to pull it off but honestly I just want to wear jeans and trainers most of the time. I want to wear simple and lowkey mainstream fashion, but most mainstream fashion is made for women with much smaller chests, so everything is either very booby or looks like I shoved an oversized sack over my top half in a vain attempt to cover my tits. Don’t even get me started on high necklines.

I digress. I get it, she wants to wear clothes that look better on straighter, slimmer figures. I do too. Alix definitely needs a more discerning eye though - that wrap cardigan was always going to make her look huge, and I don’t agree about tucking tops in at all, personally I look awful if I do a bloody french tuck.

She definitely needs to edit her choices more, but I think it’s very easy for people to misunderstand how difficult it can be for women who are “straight size” but towards the end of the spectrum (12,14,16) due to being tall and curvy. Clothes are just not made for us.
I’d love to see her in more colour. I’ve definitely put weight on over lockdown and cream trousers would look awful on me!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.