Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mascarara

Can you imagine how blad her wedding would be?
Oh god, yeah. The invites will have some random Desenio line art, there will be Pampas grass everywhere and they'll say their vows under a rattan canopy. And of course, Alix's wedding dress will be beige.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

VNaylor

Chatty Member
I am not seeing 'happy' as an emotion radiating out of any of her content.

It seems clear as anything that she moved in with joe way too fadt and has put all her eggs in this basket.

If her way if making a living is looking stylish and making others want to buy what she has - then she's in trouble. Atm i don't want what she's selling.
Agree - whether she’s a size 6 or 16 or 26 is irrelevant - her content is not great, and her life seems about as happy and bright as the beige filters being used....

Reactions: 16

snarkvark

VIP Member
I agree with you both but I have to say I had to lose quite a bit of weight due to health issues and I much prefer being slimmer, I look better and most importantly I’m much healthier.
That's great for you but Alix made it clear she lost a load of weight because her mental health was terrible after losing her mother. Losing lots of weight doesn't automatically make you healthier especially if your mental health suffers, which Alix said it did. It's toxic to promote the idea that being thin means you're healthier when that's not true.

• Heart

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
HAHA JK ITS JUST A HAUL 😂
I actually left a spicy comment because her attempt at booktubing was so painfully boring and inarticulate!! Stay in your lane girl.

Also when she explained right off the bat that because she is a visual person she needs to be able to connect a book to something visual -- I thought she was going to talk about picking books based on their covers but actually she meant that she's more likely to read books that have movie/tv adaptations 😂 😂 😂 or else it's just too abstract for her. What...??! That's the point of reading!!

• Haha
  • Wow

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Agreed, I think oversized jumpers with baggy joggers in light colours changed the size anyone looks really.
It’s weird. I don’t think her clothes are oversized enough! She always has a camel toe and her joggers/sweatpants are always tight in the thighs. Which is fine...but stop trying to stuff your body into Zara, H&M and Topshop and just find brands that fit like loungewear is supposed to. I’m chunky and I’ve managed to find properly fitting loungewear...I’m also not an influencer though so that’s 10 year Old Navy pj pants or men’s sweatpants and a ratty t-shirt and sweatshirt with holes 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
She got down to a size 10 when she was grieving over her awful loss (her mum) and Darren ditching her in her time of need.*

She alluded to being depressed, and lost her appetite. She then cleared out all her old clothes, depoped most of them listed seemed to be size 14/16. She moved in with Joe after about 3 months of knowing him. - Three months - and she followed him to London and moved in with him!! Yikes.

Now she - no - they both seem to have gained a lot of weight. Alix is tall so she can carry weight well but it is very noticeable at the moment, she doesn't look comfortable or that well tbh, her complexion, hair etc.

Of course it could just be the grey and beige filters she pops over everything.

*He had been living with her for YEARS so i don't think another few months supporting someone through one of the worst times of their life was too much to ask if you had known them for the best part of a decade*

• Sad

Swatkat

I used to watch Alix from the time she and hello October did a collab with Fleurdeforce. She really caught my eye more than that stupid suzie. I was really impressed with how much knowledge she had about the brands be it beauty or fashion back then. I thought she had great potential to actually become really successful in her field. But omg I have never seen a downward slope (in terms of her job) like this. I feel for her. She lives in London for God’s sake and she could b doing so much more with her life there. She is just so blah now.

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
The less you do, the less you want to do. Suddenly a full day is making your meals, watching a show and doing a load of washing.

I don't want to sound insensitive (I too know people who struggle with depression and anxiety), but maybe this is a good moment to just retire from YouTube for good. It will save us all the trouble and sh*tty content. Also let's face it, companies look for people who deliver good strong consistent content because they have to make money, and she's not it. She needs to really take care of herself, not pop up in 2 months being like oh it's been a long time🙄

Came here to rant about that crammed styled coffee table haha. Indeed, why oh why would you feel the urge to turn your home into showroom.

And another observation: how influencers justify buying smth in wrong size just because it was the last one left. IMHO it's really telling how compulsive their buying behavior tends to be.

• Heart

VNaylor

Chatty Member
Can’t help but be cynical that Vlogmas starting now is just a grabby grabby for AL!
I like knacks knacks as much as the next person, but there is too much and none of its personal or sentimental that she’s picked up on travels, in antique shops etc. Just too bland.

She does seem like a nice, although slightly dull person, but I really think she needs to consider doing something a bit different as she’s clearly uninspired and disinterested with things at the moment.

• Heart

Emoji

Chatty Member
Does anyone know what happened with her ex?I literally feel like HelloOctober (Susie) dumped her long term bf and then Alix followed suit
I can’t quite remember for sure but I’m sure the ex dumped her. I’m sure I read on GG that he cheated on her. I used to think wtf is she doing with him, he wasn’t very attractive was he 🙊 he came across very childish as well.
I think her and Susie drifted apart after her mum died. I can’t imagine Susie being very supportive to her grieving friend.
I like Joe, seems like a good egg and makes her happy.
Her and her content is very boring, always has been that way.

snarkvark

VIP Member
She’s feeling uninspired. Please do her work for her and provide her with video ideas.
I HATE it when influencers ask their followers for ideas. THAT'S YOUR JOB! You're a content creator - make content!!! If she doesn't have any ideas, maybe work through that instead of asking her followers?

Reactions: 15

Jam-sandwich

Chatty Member
I tend to find when someone claims they’re the ‘happiest they’ve ever been’ it couldn’t be further from the truth, and they’re either trying to send a message to someone (eg. an ex) or trying to convince themselves because they’re having doubts deep down.

I know it’s not always the case though, and in Alix’s case I do hope it’s true, she’s been through a lot.

Sunburnsjess

I reckon she’ll reappear next month claiming she needed an extended Easter break 😂 no but seriously she is hopeless. As I said a few posts up, absolutely no way she works even 6 hours a day.

• Haha

kalechips

VIP Member
Kind of had to roll my eyes at her IG stories caing out whowhowhat for stealing another design once again (which I'm glad she did) but then following it up with a bunch of ALs for H&M who are known for stealing designs from others

• Haha
  • Heart