Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is lucky and that she can carry weight well, very hourglass
I agree with this. Although, I think although the clothes aren't the most typically flattering I like that she has the confidence to go for trend based silhouettes.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with looking larger. The cardigan works well to cinch her in at the waist, and the cream "shacket" is good with the slimmer trousers for proportion.

But there's a big difference between oversized and bad fit which i think the below demonstrates. Typically you'd think cream would make someone look bigger, but the black coat is just straight up bad tailoring. It looks like it's made for someone with wider shoulders to hips so the pockets don't jut out.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 22.16.48.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 22.16.28.png

Reactions: 7
You have to be dressy to pull it off but honestly I just want to wear jeans and trainers most of the time. I want to wear simple and lowkey mainstream fashion, but most mainstream fashion is made for women with much smaller chests, so everything is either very booby or looks like I shoved an oversized sack over my top half in a vain attempt to cover my tits. Don’t even get me started on high necklines.
This! I wish I could like this 100 times. It’s such a problem. I’d love if Alix acknowledged that though - would make a great video.

Reactions: 10
I also don't think there is anything wrong with looking larger. The cardigan works well to cinch her in at the waist, and the cream "shacket" is good with the slimmer trousers for proportion.
THis. I hate the idea that if you're larger you have to wear "flattering" clothes, which is essentialy just telling someone to look slimmer. Why? Being larger isn't a bad thing. You should wear what you enjoy wearing, not what makes you look thinner. I just wish Alix would do more styling contnet rather than just doing hauls all the damn time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Am i the only one who hates the whole *ad break* *ad break over* insta stories.. To me that looks like trying to be cool and taking the piss out of the brand she promotes idk

Reactions: 5
Am i the only one who hates the whole *ad break* *ad break over* insta stories.. To me that looks like trying to be cool and taking the piss out of the brand she promotes idk
I think I prefer it, I hate opening my stories just to be confronted with a video of someone trying to sell me some crappy perfume. At least if there’s a slide warning me there’s an ad, I can skip it! It makes the influencers more transparent I feel.

Reactions: 12
I know it’s super cliché & boring to start speculating about this..... but anyone else getting engagement vibes from their 2 year anniversary trip away? 💍 (Or am I just being hopeful that something exciting happens soon on her channel?!)

Reactions: 4
Can you imagine how blad her wedding would be?
Oh god, yeah. The invites will have some random Desenio line art, there will be Pampas grass everywhere and they'll say their vows under a rattan canopy. And of course, Alix's wedding dress will be beige.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
the thing with her clothing choices are she tries to fit into straight sizes when she could benefit from going up a size even if that means she needs to buy from curvy/plus range.

she can find better beige/cream cardigans than the h&m one that fits poorly because it is too oversized, she can find a better black blazer/jacket than the above photo because that one is also too oversized.

for someone who buys too much stuff, she always looks sloopy and uncomfortable which to me seems like she doesn't actually like what she sees in the mirror. the solution to that is not losing weight (i am anti diet culture) but maybe, just maybe, try traditional curvy approved (not approved by society but by other curvy girls) styles.

she can still do a high waisted mom jeans with a cute white collared shirt tucked in, the top buttons open. very anine bing... however she prefers styles that somehow either swamp her or are too tight.

ps. i am also a tall (5'10), heavier (uk14-16) woman and i love a good sack dress and a baggy jumper and doing the french tuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
the thing with her clothing choices are she tries to fit into straight sizes when she could benefit from going up a size even if that means she needs to buy from curvy/plus range.

for someone who buys too much stuff, she always looks sloopy and uncomfortable which to me seems like she doesn't actually like what she sees in the mirror. the solution to that is not losing weight (i am anti diet culture) but maybe, just maybe, try traditional curvy approved (not approved by society but by other curvy girls) styles.

she can still do a high waisted mom jeans with a cute white collared shirt tucked in, the top buttons open. very anine bing... however she prefers styles that somehow either swamp her or are too tight.
Yes, I'm here for this. I agree with Alix wearing the wrong size and then things look awkward on her. I also kind of think that, yeah she can wear whatever she wants but as a fashion influencer... she needs to up her game. It's fine to wear oversized clothing or whatver, but I don't think her audience is learning much about how to style clothes on a curvy body yknow?

I do have a bit of sympathy for her. She’s stuck wearing unflattering outfits because she doesn’t want to wear the kind of clothes that are flattering for her tall, curvy figure.

I am quite similar to Alix, a little bit taller and a size or two smaller (and er, more chesty), and I absolutely loathe that 50s style that anyone with boobs and hips is encouraged to wear. I hate it - it either looks Kirsty Allsopp frumpy or like you’re trying to be quirky and “alternative”. You have to be dressy to pull it off but honestly I just want to wear jeans and trainers most of the time. I want to wear simple and lowkey mainstream fashion, but most mainstream fashion is made for women with much smaller chests, so everything is either very booby or looks like I shoved an oversized sack over my top half in a vain attempt to cover my tits. Don’t even get me started on high necklines.

I digress. I get it, she wants to wear clothes that look better on straighter, slimmer figures. I do too. Alix definitely needs a more discerning eye though - that wrap cardigan was always going to make her look huge, and I don’t agree about tucking tops in at all, personally I look awful if I do a bloody french tuck.

She definitely needs to edit her choices more, but I think it’s very easy for people to misunderstand how difficult it can be for women who are “straight size” but towards the end of the spectrum (12,14,16) due to being tall and curvy. Clothes are just not made for us.
100% agree with this. I'm a size 12 with hips and bum, 5ft 9. I've probably kidded myself for way too long that I can look good in similar styles to Lizzy Hadfield and co when I absolutely cannot. However I'm not "plus size" either, and it's really hard to find flattering, simple styles for this weird in-between world that I inhabit. TBH I've quite enjoyed seeing Alix's style the past few months, I think she looks beautiful as she is now, curvier, and it's made me realise I don't look good in some of the clothes I wished I looked good in either, so in that way she's helped me!

Reactions: 11
I’m amazed that she can seemingly support herself without a proper job, her uploads have been inconsistent for years and her personality is as beige as the walls of her home!

ps. i am also a tall (5'10), heavier (uk14-16) woman and i love a good sack dress and a baggy jumper and doing the french tuck.
See, despite being the same height and a similar dress size to you, I look absolutely awful in sack dresses and most baggy jumpers (longline ones are ok). I can never find any decent collared shirts that fit my chest, apart from one long, slightly oversized one I own which looks crap tucked in (wearing it loose over skinny ankle-length trousers or jeans is ok). I think it’s all about the cut for my body - boxy is bad, but a longer oversized item that kind of skims rather than swamps looks ok.

I swear even when women are the same dress sizes our shapes and proportions can vary so much that what looks amazing on one looks terrible on another! It’s so annoying.

I do feel for Alix, she seems a bit uncomfortable in her body and style and I so relate to that.

Reactions: 6
See, despite being the same height and a similar dress size to you, I look absolutely awful in sack dresses and most baggy jumpers (longline ones are ok). I can never find any decent collared shirts that fit my chest, apart from one long, slightly oversized one I own which looks crap tucked in (wearing it loose over skinny ankle-length trousers or jeans is ok). I think it’s all about the cut for my body - boxy is bad, but a longer oversized item that kind of skims rather than swamps looks ok.

I swear even when women are the same dress sizes our shapes and proportions can vary so much that what looks amazing on one looks terrible on another! It’s so annoying.

I do feel for Alix, she seems a bit uncomfortable in her body and style and I so relate to that.
Depending on where you live, would totally recommend Power of My People. They’re primarily linen, but release seasonally appropriate fabrics too. They’re also a little pricey BUT they are responsibly produced in Canada - fair wages, responsibly sourced raw materials, small production runs, and they’ve started tracking their emissions.

Reactions: 2
i think the reason for her constant shopping is her constant weight gain. she has to buy new things if the clothes in her closet don’t fit her any more.

also, i have seen so many uk youtubers loving that first thick cream jumper. it is made of polyester and acrylic, in fact all the knitwear she bought are made of polyester and acrylic. horrible for environment.
She shouldn't have thrown all those clothes out last year in her numerous clear outs.

If you can learn to do some basic sewing to tailor your clothes a little, a professional can make your clothes amazing if you can afford one.

I know that won't work for all clothes but, for many ot makes an amazing difference. Jeans for instance.

I hope they don't engaged yet, they are sooooo boring. I think she's dragging him down with her depression.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Depending on where you live, would totally recommend Power of My People. They’re primarily linen, but release seasonally appropriate fabrics too. They’re also a little pricey BUT they are responsibly produced in Canada - fair wages, responsibly sourced raw materials, small production runs, and they’ve started tracking their emissions.
If you're in Europe, look for lithuanian linen on Etsy. There's lots of brands making sustainable clothes, and they're quite affordable too.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Had her H&M haul on in the background earlier. Did anyone else notice at around the 17:08 mark that she forgot to edit out her restarting a sentence 3 times? 😂 She sounds like she’s rebooting or something..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love it when that happens because we get a peak into what it's really lke to film their videos. They try to make videos look so effortless but really it's great a stream of babble and repeated sentences until they say it just right.

Reactions: 9
I agree with this. Although, I think although the clothes aren't the most typically flattering I like that she has the confidence to go for trend based silhouettes.

But there's a big difference between oversized and bad fit which i think the below demonstrates. Typically you'd think cream would make someone look bigger, but the black coat is just straight up bad tailoring. It looks like it's made for someone with wider shoulders to hips so the pockets don't jut out.

View attachment 243029View attachment 243028
The cream outfit looks reminiscent of something a nan would wear.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.