Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
A Quantity Surveyor earns a good amount and in London salaries are exponentially higher. I’m sure they’d be able to have the flat on his salary alone. It might be tight on other expenses, but then they also have her income to factor in. What baffles me is that she’s doing so much renovation/decorating work. I find it really odd given that it’s a rental property.
They could have agreed with the landlord that the renovations go towards their rent maybe? I have heard about it happening in other countries, don’t know if it’s a thing in the UK.

mindlessness

VIP Member
One thing that I found odd in the walk in wardrobe video is that she just picked up a big can of white paint. I get going for a well-priced bargain, and it’s refreshing to not see more Farrow and Ball #kindlygifted. But white has like a million variants in paint and each can look different depending on the surface and light etc. I personally would maybe have tested out a few varieties before painting the whole room...
Even with all the white it does seem incredibly claustrophobic to me too. 🤷‍♀️

HelloStereo

VIP Member
My friend is a QS and he earns around 65 grand a year, would that not be enough for that flat? He is not even in London, he is in Devon. Sorry, I have no idea about how much would a flat like their’s cost.
To give an example, this two bed flat flat is 600GBP per week in Zone 2/3 in north London: https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatsha...ts=/flatshare/?search_id=978270607&mode=list&. So they could be spending £2,500 easily on rent per month.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, but Alix used to shop constantly too so their outgoings must be so high. I just wonder how they can afford it!

Hally34

VIP Member
Honestly, she should publish a "How I Make My Money" video. It'd get loads of views. I'm sure lots of people would want to know how to generate enough income to afford to rent a two-bedroom flat in London whilst seemingly doing nothing.
what does her boyfriend do? Maybe he’s got a high income 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sophie85

Can anyone screenshot her peloton profile? (No idea if that’s against any rules on here so ignore me if so!)

Hally34

VIP Member
To give an example, this two bed flat flat is 600GBP per week in Zone 2/3 in north London: https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=8952721&search_id=978270607&city_id=&flatshare_type=offered&search_results=/flatshare/?search_id=978270607&mode=list&. So they could be spending £2,500 easily on rent per month.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, but Alix used to shop constantly too so their outgoings must be so high. I just wonder how they can afford it!
yeah but how much of her shopping is her £££ vs gift cards sent from brands for her to do hauls with. Plus I’m sure she’ll get % discount codes too