Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dunno, I always feel it is so unsafe when influencers mention stuff like these mood supplements, I checked up ashwagandha and this is unsafe to use in pregnancy / affects certain conditions and might increase thyroid hormone levels (I have an over active one myself)

I just feel like if you are going to promote a product, do add but don't take if blah blah blah and if you are stressed worth using food and other methods before relying on a supplement. If it says online "If a person chooses to use this herb as part of a treatment plan, they should be sure to discuss it with their doctor first. " Then she needs to add this to her video when promoting it!

Rant of the day lol but it does bug me, hopefully most people have common sense to check up this stuff anyway
I thought this too and totally agree with you. I found the whole video quite odd actually. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Could someone summarise the video? I don’t want to give her the views 😂 So it’s an ad for a mood supplement?

Alix’s voice at the start of the video was so sanctimonious! She was speaking about that bloody sippy cup like she had discovered the key to true enlightenment!

And yes, those eyebrows

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Alix’s voice at the start of the video was so sanctimonious! She was speaking about that bloody sippy cup like she had discovered the key to true enlightenment!

And yes, those eyebrows
I found it all bizarre. Her voice, her body language and the content. It seemed a bit forced to me. A bit fake. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Her brows are actually worse than Anna Edit's brows. At least Anna's brows are her actual out of control brow hairs (looking like brooms) whereas Alix has this weird fake coloured-in brown halo around her actual brows. I'm very confused by the look 'cause it's not even trendy - she looks like she's going for the 2018 James Charles block brow and not a naturally voluminous brow?

Also; we're almost in April and she's showing a huge warm down puffer coat in black? Such timely recommendations...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Also; we're almost in April and she's showing a huge warm down puffer coat in black? Such timely recommendations...
I keep wondering why these Arket puffer coats are so popular among UK influencers. I have one but I live in Finland, where it’s normal to have -20 degrees celsius in the winter. I haven’t worn the long puffer coat in weeks because I get way too hot in that thing. Finnish spring is pretty much equivalent to UK winter so it baffles me how these women can wear such thick coats.

Reactions: 10
I dunno, I always feel it is so unsafe when influencers mention stuff like these mood supplements, I checked up ashwagandha and this is unsafe to use in pregnancy / affects certain conditions and might increase thyroid hormone levels (I have an over active one myself)

I just feel like if you are going to promote a product, do add but don't take if blah blah blah and if you are stressed worth using food and other methods before relying on a supplement. If it says online "If a person chooses to use this herb as part of a treatment plan, they should be sure to discuss it with their doctor first. " Then she needs to add this to her video when promoting it!

Rant of the day lol but it does bug me, hopefully most people have common sense to check up this stuff anyway
You’re so right it was completely irresponsible of her to push that product without a disclaimer or something

Her brows are actually worse than Anna Edit's brows. At least Anna's brows are her actual out of control brow hairs (looking like brooms) whereas Alix has this weird fake coloured-in brown halo around her actual brows. I'm very confused by the look 'cause it's not even trendy - she looks like she's going for the 2018 James Charles block brow and not a naturally voluminous brow?

It’s a new eyebrow trend that they all seem to be jumping on. Not sure if she started the trend but Jess Hunt released the product that Alix talks about that creates the big bushy eyebrow look - hers are also ridiculous. In the Frow has started doing it along with Anna and now Alix. It looks ridiculous on all of them 🙄🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
It’s a new eyebrow trend that they all seem to be jumping on. Not sure if she started the trend but Jess Hunt released the product that Alix talks about that creates the big bushy eyebrow look - hers are also ridiculous. In the Frow has started doing it along with Anna and now Alix. It looks ridiculous on all of them 🙄🙄
Jess Hunt looks like an irl Bratz Doll and it gives me the heebie jeebies.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Kind of had to roll my eyes at her IG stories caing out whowhowhat for stealing another design once again (which I'm glad she did) but then following it up with a bunch of ALs for H&M who are known for stealing designs from others

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Kind of had to roll my eyes at her IG stories caing out whowhowhat for stealing another design once again (which I'm glad she did) but then following it up with a bunch of ALs for H&M who are known for stealing designs from others
Oh Alix. Bit shortsighted 🙄🙄

Reactions: 3
I had the exact same thoughts.

Reactions: 2
What are these brows? that shirt? that middle part? that flat hair?
why why? she's such a beautiful woman! why oh why?
Capture d’écran 2021-03-28 à 09.51.18.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Anyone else seen her Q&A on Instagram? I don’t believe her daily routine for a second tbh. She makes it seem like she works 6 hours a day which isn’t a lot regardless compared to most normal jobs, but she puts out basically nothing? So no way I believe she even works 6 hours a day though who knows what influencers define as work!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.