Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, her house is cluttered! And why does she style surfaces in such a strange way? It looks like when you slowly but steadily pile up stuff out of laziness until one day you decide to clean it all up and put it all away, but in her case it's intentional. Seems like they have do do a bit of tetris to be able to place their mugs on the coffee table, jesus!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why bother starting Vlogmas half way through the month 😳

She might benefit from doing shorter videos, more frequently rather than a 30 minute video once a fortnight or so... I already know there’s no way I’m sitting through 30 minutes of her walking the dog and droning on. I mean, I’m bored but I’m not THAT bored!

• Haha
She really is morphing into Brittany Bathgate. I really don’t get this trend for masculine shapeless clothing, it’s so unflattering 🙄🙄
Newsflash: not everything you wear has to be flattering i.e. make you look thinner

Oversize, if done well, is a million times more stylish than bodycon imo. Unfortunately Alix doesn't really shop for quality items so interesting cuts are lost on her but tbh I'd rather she wear loose clothing than squeeze herself in tight stuff

Reactions: 12
You can’t call it vlogmas if you release one vlog midway through the month 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Alix is dressing in a way that she thinks looks cool instead of being influenced by the style she likes and adapting it to suit her figure. Not saying she has to dress in a way that makes her look smaller/thinner (i think that's bullshit) just that she should focus on making outfits look good on her. Not just copying an outfit.

Reactions: 20
Just caught up on her video, is there a surface she hasn’t covered with bits and bobs? She’s lucky to have a decent space but why fill it with so much beige clutter? 😂🤔

• Haha
Just caught up on her video, is there a surface she hasn’t covered with bits and bobs? She’s lucky to have a decent space but why fill it with so much beige clutter? 😂🤔
I was just thinking this while watching the vlog! She's only just bought the coffee table and what's the first thing she does? Runs off to H&M home to buy a whole bunch of stuff to put on it. She's not the only influencer who does this, and it's so hasty (and wasteful!) What about living with a piece of furniture for a while and getting used to it before deciding how you're going to "style" it? And what about *shock horror* looking at what you already own to see if any of that would work? There's just no originality or creativity involved, just mindless consumption.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Came here to rant about that crammed styled coffee table haha. Indeed, why oh why would you feel the urge to turn your home into showroom.

And another observation: how influencers justify buying smth in wrong size just because it was the last one left. IMHO it's really telling how compulsive their buying behavior tends to be.

• Heart
She said they bought that tiny side table to have a place to put drinks. Then she filled it up "styled it" so that they can't fit anything else on it 🤷‍♀️

I wonder what her home and wardrobe would be like if she was just herself and didn't need so much crap all over the place and clothes she does not wear?

Reactions: 9
I was just thinking this while watching the vlog! She's only just bought the coffee table and what's the first thing she does? Runs off to H&M home to buy a whole bunch of stuff to put on it. She's not the only influencer who does this, and it's so hasty (and wasteful!) What about living with a piece of furniture for a while and getting used to it before deciding how you're going to "style" it? And what about *shock horror* looking at what you already own to see if any of that would work? There's just no originality or creativity involved, just mindless consumption.
Or, ya know, using your coffee table as intended and not as a catch-all for stupid mass produced knick knacks 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one it annoyed 😂 It’s was also all the same crap as well (several varieties of candles, holders, vases, pointless books) on every surface. There’s nothing original about these influencers anymore 🙄

Reactions: 8
Can’t help but be cynical that Vlogmas starting now is just a grabby grabby for AL!
I like knacks knacks as much as the next person, but there is too much and none of its personal or sentimental that she’s picked up on travels, in antique shops etc. Just too bland.

She does seem like a nice, although slightly dull person, but I really think she needs to consider doing something a bit different as she’s clearly uninspired and disinterested with things at the moment.

• Heart
Can’t help but be cynical that Vlogmas starting now is just a grabby grabby for AL!
I like knacks knacks as much as the next person, but there is too much and none of its personal or sentimental that she’s picked up on travels, in antique shops etc. Just too bland.

She does seem like a nice, although slightly dull person, but I really think she needs to consider doing something a bit different as she’s clearly uninspired and disinterested with things at the moment.
It’s as if she’s seen those items on someone else’s coffee table on Instagram and figured it got them likes so she’d do the same. There is nothing original in anything that she does, it just comes across as trying too hard.

Reactions: 11
It’s as if she’s seen those items on someone else’s coffee table on Instagram and figured it got them likes so she’d do the same. There is nothing original in anything that she does, it just comes across as trying too hard.
Maybe Brittany Bathgate had them 😂😂

• Haha
What I don't get with this over-decorating with books/candles/bits and pieces is that no surface remains functional! I have a bit of decoration on my coffee table (candle, small succulent, a tray to 'cluster' it together) but the rest of the space I like to have for my drink, snacks when watching a movie or a takeaway. Sometimes I sit there with my laptop. I might spill a drink and it would be a shame if it went all over an expensive coffee table book because in the end there was 5cm of space for things on the edge.

I also find it strange how they have their dining table in front of the fireplace..under the TV. I don't remember when they moved it (don't watch her vids anymore) but I think it looks cluttered and unnecessary given that they do have space for a separate dining area. I get the feeling that all they do is sit on that couch and stare at tv.. or then sit at the dining table and watch tv...

Reactions: 9
All her coats in the coat video were basically the same, but a slightly different colour/material.

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.