Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thereshegoesagain

She posted on New Years Day a walk with him... if she tested positive on the 23rd, she shouldn't have been out for 10 days, right?

• Wow
Reactions: 19

fadedglow

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Watching her "comeback" video, what I don't get is how she claimed to be doing all the right things to avoid COVID, gets upset that the UK government basically cancelled Christmas, but then still planned to go home (hence the COVID test). I'm not from the UK, but it's my understanding that travel was restricted at this time - is that correct? Prior to this, she also travelled to Scotland and put up a few Stories of her getting free facials, so I don't think she's in any position to say she's been constantly doing the right thing.

I enjoy Alix's content and I really want to root for her, but it seems like she's all talk and no action. I totally understand what it's like to have your perfectionism get the better of you and I feel like she's genuine when she says she wants to be more consistent, but I don't think she has the discipline. Unlike in the real world, she has no one to hold her accountable, so it's very easy for her to slip back into her old ways. I think if she pushed through the tough times and actually worked through it instead of taking all these long breaks, her confidence and motivation would improve. Doing nothing all day just makes you feel the opposite. I really loved the content she was making this time last year when lockdown first began, she was making three videos a week!

I think there comes a time where you have to admit defeat and accept that something is no longer working for you. I think this is Alix and YouTube. Even just a part time job would give her stability and routine and help with her time management skills when it comes to making videos. It's so much easier to procrastinate and put things off when you have nothing else going on.

Sunburnsjess

To be fair in the comments she mentioned he was just as ill as her, which is why he never took the tree down!
I’m sorry but they seemingly got dressed up and celebrate NYE, went on walks... not that long after testing positive. Not taking the tree out till Feb is just profoundly lazy. I honestly think she just has a very poor work ethic and as a youtuber/influencer can get away with it.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
It’s a new eyebrow trend that they all seem to be jumping on. Not sure if she started the trend but Jess Hunt released the product that Alix talks about that creates the big bushy eyebrow look - hers are also ridiculous. In the Frow has started doing it along with Anna and now Alix. It looks ridiculous on all of them 🙄🙄
Jess Hunt looks like an irl Bratz Doll and it gives me the heebie jeebies.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Exactly. At a certain point you can’t just isolate and check out of ‘work’ for yet another few weeks because something triggered you or brought you down. By which I mean, if that is happening to you and you can’t overcome it, you need serious intervention and help beyond trying to organize yourself better. It takes almost nothing to just post a few obligatory Insta stories. She clearly is unable to sustain this career and I hope she gets help.

I can completely understand if certain things this last month triggered her depressive tendencies, but she JUST proclaimed this a fresh start and ‘back to work’ after months off, only to immediately revert back yet again and disappear. I really hope for her own sake she doesn’t do another ‘well hello there’ story/post/video because she is just kidding herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

getawaywithit

VIP Member
You see how her non work activities she’s included many details so it’s not just like ‘get up and ready’, it’s like... shower and see Joe and eat, etc. Once it gets to work it’s just ‘work’. Lol. Idk if she includes more detail privately for herself but if you actually want to block out time for yourself to work productively, you need to break up your work day in the way she does her ‘free’ time. I think she genuinely has more passion for showering and walking her dog and making her oats and cycling than she does for various elements of her job.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
It was very uncomfortable viewing. In fact I turned it off. No sincerity at all!

it was an embarrassing level of virtue signalling, all that was missing was tears,

it’s taken her 4 weeks to write that speech and cut and paste a few Goodreads reviews to her iPhone notes,
She should stick to dressing up in birthday dresses that look like toilet roll holder holders from the 80’s

297CAFD1-4DEE-46A0-BE1B-4D30EC4E4A39.jpeg

• Haha

Sophie85

Aja sticking her nose into other people's business yET AGAIN. The comment about her "looking around her small London flat" is so grossly priviledged. She lives in London. LONDON. and she has the nerve to imply someone else shouldn't have taken a job if they didn't like everything about the contract. Thats not how the real world works. <Most of us can't turn down money like that. What has this got to do with her anyway??? She also posted about cancel culture, what a fucking hypocrite. She orchestrates pile-ons against people every single week.

This whole mess is stupid and it appears to be a lot of fuss about very little.
is this about Alix or someone else? I can’t find what you’re referring to?

snarkvark

VIP Member
I just wanted to add here that imho she was being performative when she bought a body oil and a candle from black owned brand Liha... never mentioned it again, never posted about the products in depth, silence. Also at the peak of BLM she reviewed two books written by black authors and then again complete silence on the whole subject. It just felt like hopping on the bandwagon of being supportive and abandoning it after the whole thing "blew over" for a lack of a better word. To me she never came across as someone with a genuine support or empathy🤷‍♀️
If influencers don't mention it, they get dragged. If they do, they get dragged for being perfomative. As much as I dislike most of them, I can see why influencers don't bother talking about social issues because some people criticise them no matter what they do. I'd rather people did things offline where it actuallymatters than post black squares and write a few soppy captions. How many of you here are donating regularly to BLM? talking about it online is just as perfomative as influencers posting once and never mentioning it again.

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
I had a look at her Instagram yesterday, its weird how she doesn't engage in the comments AT ALL. Not one like or comment back and its not like she gets that many comments. Tons of swipe ups though 🤷‍♀️

• Angry

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Haven’t watched it yet. Where on earth did she get it? She doesn’t go anywhere!
supermarket, post office, courier interaction, on her post, on her food items, her takeaways or via joe who seems to go out more, possibly For work? I guess the tree stayed up as he was I'll too, or maybe he went and bubbled with a non inflected person.
She's focussed her whole life around him if they split you wouldn't see her for months/it would be a much bigger deal than her just not mentioning him much
Exactly this, she's put all her eggs in this basket. Big mistake, even if they were married ten years etc. She needs other support networks. He can leave at any time, fall out of love, or in love with another etc.

She worked at a make up counter in a big department store for a while when she lived with the dazzler. That would have been a routine? So she has had one post school. She never went to uni and, has spoken of an idea of being a maths teacher. Her dad used to send her maths problems for fun. ALIX seems like an intelligent woman, perhaps an open university degree in maths works give her purpose, routine and brain stimulation. Plus the feeling of graduating and achieving something challenging for herself! She has the time and the money, such a luxury!

I couldn't imagine dating an influencer or someone like alix, yes she has money but she's so lazy and, unmotivated. It really isn't attractive in a person no matter all their other great qualities and, when you get up at 5 or 6 am for work five days a week bleary eyed and achy to see your bf/gf snoring away next to you, knowing that they are unlikely to rise before midday, well that shizz breeds resentment!! Edited to add, also what do you talk about with them? How was your day dear? Well, I rearranged my designer bag collection and filmed it, then I made a tiktok coffee which was cool.

Arkward silence.

Last edited:
  • Haha

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
I used to really like her and still do. After Lydia’s #HairGateMegeddon, I unsubscribed from every influencer except for Alix because I wanted to give her a chance and see what her update video would be about / where she was.

But it just felt so flat and performative. And the thing I kept coming back to was: she doesn’t really seem all too well adjusted. I get that this pandemic is affecting everyone so differently, but I can’t imagine hanging so much weight on Christmas. I 100% get how important Christmas is for people, and it’s important for me too. However, I feel like building up events and things during this time when it’s so fluid is dangerous, because we’re almost always going to be disappointed, if you know what I mean. I have hope, but it needs to be tempered a little bit since I know the disappointment of, for example, booking a trip home and then needing to cancel it will cause me to feel super dark. (I haven’t seen my family in 2 years).

To me it sounds like she needs to build up her resilience, like in the end of the video she was talking about getting back up after a set back, etc. That’s resilience. I also cannot believe that she’s 28 years old and has never once had a routine, per her words. I think that explains a lot and why she’s struggling. I can struggle with routine too and getting into bad habits. I know what that viscous cycle feels like of not being able to break out of your bad habits / bad routine but desperately wanting to. then having a few days of a good routine and then slipping up and watching tv late into the night, for example.
I mean, who isn’t struggling with routine right now, but to then for her to have the privilege to say “I’m ignoring January and February and my new year is starting in March” was really just an absolute gut punch to anyone who’s been working, raising a family, homeschooling, and just trying to cope during this pandemic.

I agree with others that she needs to find a consistent part time job or something to force her to build routine in her life.

I truly hope she gets the help she needs and that she has more consistency, but I’m not sure I can stick around for another cycle of “I’m back” and then she disappears for months. She doesn’t owe me anything, and I know that, but I just need her consistency for the sake of my own consistency, if that makes sense. Maybe it’s trust rather than consistency— I’d like to trust that when I open up my YouTube, I can trust there’ll be a video there from her.

Ok. I’ve rambled on for far too long.

• Heart

Pingping

Looks like her recent depop reviews are more positive on the postage front than the last time she sold on their.
Was awful last time, I waited about a month for my items to arrive, she had listed one item as the wrong size and charged my £2/3 postage for each item but obviously sent all 3 together! Which I thought was a piss take!

• Wow
  • Angry

H91

I wonder if she really does get frustrated with herself? We all have triggers that drain us, but I feel sorry for her and for how fragile she seems. I think it goes beyond laziness.

Lockdown announcements meant she cancelled Vlogmas (which she began late anyway). She then caught Covid and decided this would delay the start of the “work year” for two months, but she was happy to visit bakeries at this time. She has a pattern of something negative happening and that means everything is a write off for that month / six months.

I hope she gets some therapy to help her cope with life. The less you do, the less you want to do and she really doesn’t do much in any aspect

Last edited:
  • Heart