Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #3 Big Up and Jacked Off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is he still showing up?

I’m glad Iain’s radio days are counting down.

Radio is better without what he became.
Agree with all of that.

I don't think Eyan will be working out his 3 months' notice. Both parties wouldn't want that. So I'd expect Eyan to suddenly not turn up on a Monday one week soon.

Also am not convinced Eyan quit. I think he was told to quit or be sacked. So Eyan didn't have choice in the matter. It's the same difference.

He didn't want to be there and JackFM don't want him to be there.

No way Eyan will be on any financial severance type package. Paid per show and that's it.

In Eyan's delusional thinking, it's the entire radio industry that's at fault. So I think it's best if Eyan holds his head up high and takes his skill set somewhere else. I don't know how the radio industry will manage without him...but oh well.

Have a look at this link. It's old. But gold.

Says it all really...

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2021/11/02/iain-lee-is-launching-his-own-online-station-radio-anywhere/

Reactions: 5
Mostly because they both refer to 'big plans' so part of me thinks he has something lined up, hence not caring about JackFM.

Now whether that's another radio gig (unlikely) or if he's finally decided to stick to his word and step away from the entertainment world, we'll wait and see.
Fair play- cheers for the response. I always reckon, though, that when people tease the old ‘big plans’ it’s all a bit bullshiney, as the man himself once said. Maybe I’ve become a cynic!!

---

Egads. That fair breaks your heart don’t it? Radio Anywhere could have been so much better than it ended up. Eebygum always has these good intentions and big plans but in the end just gives up. He talks a good game mind, although I had to cringe a bit at ‘very big names have come onboard to advertise and sponsor the station’ I suppose Greggorean does have four syllables.

Still, it’s a nice picture of them both👍

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Egads. That fair breaks your heart don’t it? Radio Anywhere could have been so much better than it ended up. Eebygum always has these good intentions and big plans but in the end just gives up. He talks a good game mind, although I had to cringe a bit at ‘very big names have come onboard to advertise and sponsor the station’ I suppose Greggorean does have four syllables.

Still, it’s a nice picture of them both👍
Very much agree, it's what we all thought. I can't think of a single person who didn't see the potential in Radio Anyonelisteningwhere.

I kept on saying:

- it had legs
- was a way back for Eyan
- it acted as a good demonstration to the radio hiring bods that Eyan can still cut it on a late night slot (maybe not on a national, but at least some regional station as a stepping stone)
- Eyan could build upon it
- was a good reminder of what Eyan used to do well, it had hope and that's worth a lot
- a fantastic reminder that ditching Kaffbo results in a far better show for myriad reasons

Alas, Eyan lost interest in it almost as soon as it started.

It's exactly what you say: had good intentions, had big plans but in the end just gives up.

It was seriously flawed and way over ambitious in its implementation. He should have, imho, just stuck to doing a 3 hour late night like he did in the early TR TLNA days (before Kaffbo got involved) and he would have easily built up a few thousand listeners.

It was probably the best thing he did since getting the boot at TR.

Then take that success to a radio bigwig and say,

"Look what I did with naff all resources! I'm back! Hire me please. I won't be bringing that dead weight albatross around my neck called Kaffbo with me, so hiring me is not conditional on you also taking Kaffbo, so you don't need to find an extra £30k".

But, naaah. Eyan did the exact opposite.

p.s. yes it was funny Eyan saying "I’m also amazed that some very big names have come onboard to advertise and sponsor the station". He should have said, "I’m also amazed that very BIG G name have come onboard to advertise and sponsor the station" if he wanted to be accurate. LOLs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
It could have been good, but then anything has the potential to be good if you put the effort in. That's where it failed, the same as every other thing he gets excited about as soon as he starts it. If he'd kept up the 11 O'Clock Show commentaries/watchalongs he could have built a big Twitch following based on that alone, the viewing figures were great and it was an interesting watch, but he got bored after about four episodes and stopped. I think he did the same with a Lost rewatch podcast. I know he'll blame the ADHD, and perhaps he's right, but it's happened enough time sby now that you think he'd learn and rein it in a bit. I feel sorry for all the people he led on to contribute, convincing them it was going to be a hit when "those who turned" knew it was going to fizzle out as soon as he lost interest.

Someone said that he mentioned tomorrow being his last show. Anyone listen to JackFM today to confirm?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Listening now.

I hope it's over soon, I've listened to literally every show since July and the car crash end I was expecting as just turned into a very dull show and not even in an ironically enjoyable way.

---

"Food that looks like boobs, willies and bums."

I thought he'd give it a rest with Jo being pregnant, but if anything he's stepped it up.

• Wow
I know he'll blame the ADHD
Always something or someone to blame. It sounds callous but lots of people struggle with conditions or circumstances that are less than ideal but manage to get along. For example, there is a woman who works in my library who only has one leg. You hardly ever hear her complain.

Eyunt has had so many afflictions- remember when being bisexual was somehow a difficulty? Remember that time he went to his doctor who said Eezy had hypochondria and Eeeb went ‘tit no, not that as well’ etc etc

It’s work, mate. Nobody likes it. That’s why it’s called ‘work’.

I can confirm he ended by saying "I'm back tomorrow for the final Iain Lee's Rude Awakening".

No wonder he's sounded so happy this week, must be a relief to finally be free of that tit.

• Wow
Caught just 10 minutes of the show this morning. Eyan was playing the alphabet pop game, the last letter of the band starting the next. An old favourite of a safety cushion to fall back on and fills a void to next ad about Oxfords anti traffic measures for a few minutes. Sounded laboured, radio by numbers, falsed frivolity.

Next up was a caller. Just what the show needed, a new voice to inject some much needed relief. Only it was Alistair who was in a 'curmudgeonly' mood. Audio death to a show already transmitting its last breath. Just like when Nigel used to call, it was apparent Alistair doesnt listen and called in with his own topic and dropped a spolier to a film that nobody listening will ever want to watch.

The Jack FM show lasted longer than I thought and I look forward to the next instalment and storyline to the next adventure, illness and the inevitable lashing out and blame as to why it failed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Caught just 10 minutes of the show this morning. Eyan was playing the alphabet pop game, the last letter of the band starting the next. An old favourite of a safety cushion to fall back on and fills a void to next ad about Oxfords anti traffic measures for a few minutes. Sounded laboured, radio by numbers, falsed frivolity.

Next up was a caller. Just what the show needed, a new voice to inject some much needed relief. Only it was Alistair who was in a 'curmudgeonly' mood. Audio death to a show already transmitting its last breath. Just like when Nigel used to call, it was apparent Alistair doesnt listen and called in with his own topic and dropped a spolier to a film that nobody listening will ever want to watch.

The Jack FM show lasted longer than I thought and I look forward to the next instalment and storyline to the next adventure, illness and the inevitable lashing out and blame as to why it failed.
I could never understand why he let Alastair and Nigel, two people who barely listened to the show as you said, on practically every night at some points on Talk. Two of the callers guaranteed to turn off new listeners (and Nigel asking for money was just pitiful).

The Welsh guy (Chris?) who was partially sighted and aggressive, and would call the Talk show, sounded like one of the men on Gogglebox and it has always bugged me.

I wonder if tomorrow's"last show" was a reference to his last show of the week, just to get a rise out of his detractors.

I said a few posts ago there is no way he working 12 weeks notice.

I have no idea why he is even purporting he is going to do so…Err, you’re not. 🤦‍♀️

Edit: Don’t know if tomorrow is the last show. Should never have been a first.

• Heart
Are the big plans that Iain stays at Jack and Kath does this? Power couple!
If Iain leaves and Kath gets the maternity leave job, it will be amazing and he'll explode with jealousy.

However, if Kath gets the job and cohosts the breakfast slot with him I will laugh my bollocks off.

• Haha
I don't think she'd get it or even want it since it's about 90 minutes drive to where she lives each way.

I assumed Jordan would cover while Jo was off.

No Iain on the show today.
He's poorly...
This is quite a mega shock and mega surprise. It's hardly like Eyan to ever suddenly decide he can't be bothered to turn up to work. The housewives of Oxfordshire will be devastated. The switchboards will be jammed with distraught Oxfordshire housewives or Alkystair and Nigel calling in crying "whyyyyyyyyy!". Cue a bomb threat from Alkystair.

There was absolutely no way anyone could have predicted Eyan would do this. He's just so ultra reliable.

I don't think she'd get it or even want it since it's about 90 minutes drive to where she lives each way.
I suppose even if Kaffbo wanted it she wouldn't get it. Or, if there was a chance she could get it she wouldn't take it because it means she's taking Jo's hand-me-downs, meeeow!

If Kaffbo (is?) shacked up with Eyan man that would be a 45 mins each way? Probably less with missing the rush hour traffic both ways.

Talking of Kaffbo, the new Clinton Baptiste podcast is out. I'm going to try listening to a few minutes later (it's all I can handle at a time), it's going to be a painful struggle so please wish me luck everyone. I'll take one for the team. As Brian Adams once said, "everything I do, I do it for you". LOLs!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is quite a mega shock and mega surprise. It's hardly like Eyan to ever suddenly decide he can't be bothered to turn up to work. The housewives of Oxfordshire will be devastated. The switchboards will be jammed with distraught Oxfordshire housewives or Alkystair and Nigel calling in crying "whyyyyyyyyy!". Cue a bomb threat from Alkystair.

There was absolutely no way anyone could have predicted Eyan would do this. He's just so ultra reliable.
He posted on Twitter last night that he had a migraine.
I of course presumed he would be at work the following day and that it was not exactly the same as a school kid faking a cough the day before pulling a sickie and that he would of course be at work today.
Imagine my shock when he called in sick!

• Haha
He posted on Twitter last night that he had a migraine.
Hahaha! Didn't know that. That explains it!

Did Kaffbo write a "sick note" for Eyan's boss?

"Dear Mr Steve Simms. Eyan won't be coming in today because he's feeling proper poorly. Eyan is bi-sexual with ADHD and has a migraine. Also, he won't ever be coming back because his RAJAR numbers have fallen off a cliff edge. So there. Thanks, Kaffbo."

Does this mean that he won't be working his 12 weeks' notice? (the 12 weeks' notice which he completely made up! LOLs)

I love how Eyan has got a stockpile of ready made ailments/conditions/disorders/syndromes for any situation.

Don't want to go to work = I've got a migraine don't you know.
Puts a caller/mod down with his bullying = I've got ADHD don't you know.
Makes inappropriate sexual comments = I'm a bi sex addict don't you know.
Gets abusive when he's totally in the wrong = I'm bi-polar don't you know

What a drama queen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.