Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TwoZeroTwoAM

Lol I've been lurking for a good while just reading the posts, I feel I can't really contribute bar maybe with this.

Afew pages ago someone wanted a positive to counter the negative anti Iain speak. My compliment is I think he can be entertaining and fun to listen to but only with the reins on, Kath clearly lacks this ability for whatever reason. As for Kath considering while her career seems uneventful before Iain, she was never in trouble and I'm sure she worked well with the other hosts. Not causing trouble can be a good thing, getting on with your work is a good thing.

Anyway related to the positive thing I said, most people can do something, but most people won't do something, especially not an entitled narc. The track Iain is taking will make him fail because he is consumed by his own ego and he won't allow criticism. Banning people doesn't make the truth go away.
As he said he doesn't even read the exit surveys... Its depressing, and he feels bad you aren't getting enough then his next post is a link to give him money, its peak lack of self awareness... Using his kids and cats to beg on occasions. Muh mental health, aren't we all depressed?

Btw about Patreon, people on YT who are creative and talented frequently can't get enough ad revenue to support them from their videos alone and people support them, these people typically go above and beyond for their Paterons too. And its known to be taboo for Internet creators to beg or use health, family ect as a excuse or reason to get money. Its all not allowed in T&C's to feign distress, he's honestly lucky he's not got more shit for his behaviour.

These two because they had some celebrity had opportunities us normal plebs could only dream of obtaining, like getting on Twitch's front page, being promoted and paid an actual wage with a contract too. Something even the top guys on these websites have to earn via hard work. It just annoys me how he acts hard done by, his adult life has been good, any bad has mainly been his pure fuck ups. Basically he will spiral if he continues to lack self awareness and blame everything but himself.

And when you say you feel bad you aren't giving people a decent product, maybe give them more? What would you expect Iain? Would you pay for your Patreon?

Sorry this was long winded, I haven't posted in awhile lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
"Overall though, team, I have to apologise. The show is not hitting the spot. Certainly not for me, anyways. I'm just doing Steve Allen going through the papers but without the snark. It's boring to me. I dared myself to see how long I could stretch out that story about what makes us stressed...could I drag it on a bit more? Yes. Yes I could.

Without will there, without a producer, without loads of calls...I'm stuck. I got nothing. Jo is FAB and I'm so lucky she's still there. The show itself....I'm not enjoying it and I think it's lousy. Certainly nowhere near the impossible standards I set myself.

So...what is there to do? Nothing. I'm going through the motions, I'm doing an impression of a breakfast show, but really I don't have a clue.

Breakfast is obviously different to late night. Late night I could do on my own. I can do it with my eyes closed But breakfast needs STUFF and without anyone to suggest STUFF and to book guests and STUFF I'm screwed.

I thought it would be easy like the 3CR breakfast but we had a huge team on that show. Massive. Here it's me. And I can't do it. Sorry team!

Right. It's 2.52pm and I'm off to bed. This isn't a pity post, I'm happy I've worked out what's going on, just my continued desire to be brutally honest with you lot who have supported me for years. Sorry I'm not delivering the goods on what is quite probably my last go on the merry go round."

Well I didn’t see that coming 🤔

Translation: I am incapable of putting any effort in to a job. I shouldn’t be expected to do a job if it’s too much like hard work/I’m not enjoying it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

i_hate_nonsense

It’s a funny old situation. You never really know what’s going on with people etc but what I always found really really really really fucking weird about Oh Kaffptin My Kafftpin was how she used to copy Eeeeyun all the time. He bought a cat she bought a cat, he bought a scooter so did the Kaffmeister. I swear that they both bought Dansettes, too….

That’s low self esteem right there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Srf

For those interested in the financial side, Iain recently revealed on stream that he has 6 clients per week for counselling and his salary from Jack is the equivalent of 12 clients p/w. So 18 x the average private counselling session p/w. That is without Patreon.

• Wow
  • Heart
They are never still running out the TECH ‘ this is the show while we show you how little effort we put into the show’. Seriously. Ok.

Iain should just leave radio alone. He says he hates it. Why carry on doing it?

I hear that he had been throwing out a requestor for a Sunday night 10-1 phone in show.

Yep, that was his perfect home and he was very good at it. Then he got lazy and stayed that way for too long and now he’s no good at it anymore.

Why would anyone give Iain that gig now?

Just give it to Tommy Boyd (Somebody has only gone and got him to commit to Sunday nights 10 -1, this is a massive onboarding achievement👍). Why do we need Iain?

Most ‘talk’ radio fan will be happy with that.

Iain made himself redundant.

Katherine wasn’t on any radar, anyway. Ever.

Edit: When is he ‘officially’ supposed to be gone?

Also, that vacancy is embarrassing for Katherine. She wouldn’t get it even if she subbed down. Problematic.
Kaffbo following him over to Talk Radio was the beginning of the end. I didn't mind the early days when she played her small part well. But as soon as she was forced down everyone's throat as a co-host is what killed of Iain's late radio career and legacy.

• Heart
  • Sad

General Kim

Chatty Member
THEY ALL TURN!
Rule #1: Eyan is NEVER in the wrong
Rule #2: Eyan is ALWAYS the victim
Rule #3: Super talent and God's gift Eyan is ALWAYS hard done by
Rule #4: They ALWAYS turn on Eyan...
Rule #5: If ever in doubt, please refer to immutable rules 1, 2, 3 and 4 above

• Heart
  • Wow

whybrows

None of us need to agree but I'm just glad we are all here!

We'd still be at the start of thread one if this was Digital Spy 😁

• Haha
  • Heart

ohannie

VIP Member
Could he have meant business partner?
He's never called her his partner before. He always says "my producer," "my former producer," "my good friend," "my co-host," etc. Every time he's said "my partner" before he's been talking about a mystery girlfriend. I listen out for it because I enjoy the cringe of him trying to keep their relationship a secret.

• Heart

ohannie

VIP Member
"Overall though, team, I have to apologise. The show is not hitting the spot. Certainly not for me, anyways. I'm just doing Steve Allen going through the papers but without the snark. It's boring to me. I dared myself to see how long I could stretch out that story about what makes us stressed...could I drag it on a bit more? Yes. Yes I could.

Without will there, without a producer, without loads of calls...I'm stuck. I got nothing. Jo is FAB and I'm so lucky she's still there. The show itself....I'm not enjoying it and I think it's lousy. Certainly nowhere near the impossible standards I set myself.

So...what is there to do? Nothing. I'm going through the motions, I'm doing an impression of a breakfast show, but really I don't have a clue.

Breakfast is obviously different to late night. Late night I could do on my own. I can do it with my eyes closed But breakfast needs STUFF and without anyone to suggest STUFF and to book guests and STUFF I'm screwed.

I thought it would be easy like the 3CR breakfast but we had a huge team on that show. Massive. Here it's me. And I can't do it. Sorry team!

Right. It's 2.52pm and I'm off to bed. This isn't a pity post, I'm happy I've worked out what's going on, just my continued desire to be brutally honest with you lot who have supported me for years. Sorry I'm not delivering the goods on what is quite probably my last go on the merry go round."

• Wow

i_hate_nonsense

All the while gaslighting the audience by insisting time after time that actually this is fantastic value, and is much more than other Patreons offer. And I'm sure that there are plenty of lazy Patreons out there, but there's also plenty that put out a lot more, and a richer variety of content. Not that frequency of episodes is any indicator - would you rather have one episode of something every two weeks that's fully produced and edited, or would you rather have three hours of Iain and Kath watching The Price is Right while eating their dinner, but twice a week?
This is it, really. During lockdown there was a massive glut of people setting up Patreons , but since the real world started up again a lot of these accounts are ‘on hiatus’ and suchlike. I’ve cut done to the ones who reliably provide stuff to listen to. The boom era for this platform is over.

I think it is really hard to consistently provide content on Patreon for even the most dedicated of producers at the best of times. It’s different to radio or twitch. With Patreon there’s a pre-existing weight of expectation as audiences have already coughed up the bunse- as a content producer you’d have to constantly ask yourself if what you were doing was worth the money you’ve charged, if what you are offering is special enough.

Eeyans problem is that there is no angle to the show, and never has been. There’s no USP, apart from ‘feed our kids’, which is a frankly reprehensible selling point not only for its overtones of emotional blackmail but also because Iaim owns a nice property, and has, apparently, two other jobs: he is hardly on the breadline. I think the weirdly lachrymose reference to Christmas in Eybo’s post is appallingly pointless- you don’t like Christmas and struggle with it? So what?! You’re almost fifty, mate- you’re not MEANT to like Christmas at your age. The constant need for pity is grating.

Kim is right though- this is such easy money for them both that their Patreon will be around forever and ever. God bless us everyone!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

ohannie

VIP Member
Eight cats in one house with one woman, up to four kids plus an adult baby. I can't wait for this storyline.

• Haha

i_hate_nonsense

Prediction: Newsreader has moved on to bigger and better things, leaving a vacancy to be filled by you know who...
Flipping heck, can you imagine? The only reason the bigwigs at Jack Fm would employ Kaffeter is as a roundabout way of terminating Eeyun’s contract early, surely? He’s probably signed on for a year, but that contract would have caveats- basic stuff to do with professional expectations, the very least he’d have to provide vis-à-vis him as the breakfast face of Jack.

Putting KaffityKaff in the mix is a recipe for disaster- like when the rest of the A Team offered Clubber Lang milk or Violet Beauregarde got on the bubblegum. Callers would disappoint, Maya would know and THIS is the SHOW. It’s the double act nobody wanted.

• Haha

Belovian

2hrs 05m on Monday’s show if anyone wants to listen. Come on Kath, the young lad’s seat is still warm.
Did he pretend not to know her? Or was she introduced as his partner? Desperate times when you have to persuade your lover to call into your phone in show.

• Haha
  • Wow

i_hate_nonsense

Bit concerned about the homophobic panic this board has slipped into tbh. So what if Le Kaff pegs Leann? Who cares if Euaen cottages? What’s the run here? What has Eeeeeeeyin’s sexual practices got to do with his ‘content’? Please explain.

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
What I don't get, he's got a producer for TLNA and the show is still desperately tedious.

So how can he blame Jack FM removing his producer for being the reason why his show is dire?

Funny how Eyan never mentioned the RAJAR figures for JackFM. He only mentions how he can't do a quality show without a producer.

I think Eyan planned to disappear, do a runner to Paris, when the RAJAR figures came out so he could avoid having to face them even though he'd already resigned.

Also, if I've read it correctly, he's talking about another cat and taking it to the vets. Vets aren't cheap.

That would make it a total of 6 cats? The bloke is unhinged. Mad Cat Man.

Regarding Eyan not actually saying Kaffbo is his girlfriend - I think that's under Kaffbo's express orders. Can't think what her reasons would be for wanting to keep it top secret. It's very strange to try and keep something like this top secret.
Re the cats
He has said he can't have six, so he probably will get someone else to have this new one.
Unless he decides to keep it...

As for Iain and Kath keeping any personal relationship they have a secret, as such, I can only presume it is something to do with her divorce? Has that gone through? I expect she wouldn't want to be seen as rubbing a new* relationship into her soon-to-be-ex husband's face.

*I say 'new' but obviously they've been together a while which, to be honest, is something a lot of their fans wanted anyway and considering the time they spent together makes sense. It's difficult though, no doubt, for all involved. Divorce can be a terrible thing.

I do wish them well, I do hope they both find a career they enjoy, I just get frustrated by some of their behaviours as I expect a lot of ex-TLNA fans do.
I wish I knew more about the Pete fallout, though. After the Babcock argument and then Gregorian and others falling away, I'm curious why someone so vocally on Iain's side suddenly abandoned the ship. He was a mod, after all.

• Heart

dontfalter

I don’t know if this is just me being soft, it’s Christmas after all, but I feel a bit sorry for the ones who’ve been ostracised for daring to disagree with Iain. A lot of them probably don’t have many friends away from the TLNA lot.
Even Darren John will turn in the end MacBastard, he needs to be careful 😉😂

• Heart
  • Haha