Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #3 Big Up and Jacked Off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we just double check if anyone has called in a bomb scare to a local radio station yet in protest about Eyan leaving ?..... If not someone call AlkyStair
Alkystair can do a "Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa". Hold everyone hostage with a can of Special Brew in one hand and a bomb in the other.

Kaffbo can play the role of Lynn Benfield. In real life Kaffbo is becoming more and more like Lynn every week. So might as well go "full" Lynn.

I got near him he looked at me and smiled, and said "Have fun back there!" He wasn't even in business or first class, he was acting like an entitled prick just because he was in premium economy.
Dumb Lolly was making out he was in "Upper First Class Premium VIP" but was only in premium economy. There's hardly any difference between premium economy and economy.

I would have asked him why isn't he in 1st class? Or flying on a private Gulfstream G5 jet if he's so important?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Alkystair can do a "Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa". Hold everyone hostage with a can of Special Brew in one hand and a bomb in the other.

Kaffbo can play the role of Lynn Benfield. In real life Kaffbo is becoming more and more like Lynn every week. So might as well go "full" Lynn.

Dumb Lolly was making out he was in "Upper First Class Premium VIP" but was only in premium economy. There's hardly any difference between premium economy and economy.

I would have asked him why isn't he in 1st class? Or flying on a private Gulfstream G5 jet if he's so important?
I did once start a Dom Jolly thread on here, but it was under my old profile.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
"Overall though, team, I have to apologise. The show is not hitting the spot. Certainly not for me, anyways. I'm just doing Steve Allen going through the papers but without the snark. It's boring to me. I dared myself to see how long I could stretch out that story about what makes us stressed...could I drag it on a bit more? Yes. Yes I could.

Without will there, without a producer, without loads of calls...I'm stuck. I got nothing. Jo is FAB and I'm so lucky she's still there. The show itself....I'm not enjoying it and I think it's lousy. Certainly nowhere near the impossible standards I set myself.

So...what is there to do? Nothing. I'm going through the motions, I'm doing an impression of a breakfast show, but really I don't have a clue.

Breakfast is obviously different to late night. Late night I could do on my own. I can do it with my eyes closed But breakfast needs STUFF and without anyone to suggest STUFF and to book guests and STUFF I'm screwed.

I thought it would be easy like the 3CR breakfast but we had a huge team on that show. Massive. Here it's me. And I can't do it. Sorry team!

Right. It's 2.52pm and I'm off to bed. This isn't a pity post, I'm happy I've worked out what's going on, just my continued desire to be brutally honest with you lot who have supported me for years. Sorry I'm not delivering the goods on what is quite probably my last go on the merry go round."

• Wow
Reactions: 8
"Overall though, team, I have to apologise. The show is not hitting the spot. Certainly not for me, anyways. I'm just doing Steve Allen going through the papers but without the snark. It's boring to me. I dared myself to see how long I could stretch out that story about what makes us stressed...could I drag it on a bit more? Yes. Yes I could.

Without will there, without a producer, without loads of calls...I'm stuck. I got nothing. Jo is FAB and I'm so lucky she's still there. The show itself....I'm not enjoying it and I think it's lousy. Certainly nowhere near the impossible standards I set myself.

So...what is there to do? Nothing. I'm going through the motions, I'm doing an impression of a breakfast show, but really I don't have a clue.

Breakfast is obviously different to late night. Late night I could do on my own. I can do it with my eyes closed But breakfast needs STUFF and without anyone to suggest STUFF and to book guests and STUFF I'm screwed.

I thought it would be easy like the 3CR breakfast but we had a huge team on that show. Massive. Here it's me. And I can't do it. Sorry team!

Right. It's 2.52pm and I'm off to bed. This isn't a pity post, I'm happy I've worked out what's going on, just my continued desire to be brutally honest with you lot who have supported me for years. Sorry I'm not delivering the goods on what is quite probably my last go on the merry go round."

Well I didn’t see that coming 🤔

Translation: I am incapable of putting any effort in to a job. I shouldn’t be expected to do a job if it’s too much like hard work/I’m not enjoying it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Iain taking Katherine to Paris next month :whistle:
Ooh là là!! 👩‍❤️‍👨

Eyan: "Kaffbo, mon cherie, I'm taking you to Le Paris for some ooh là là and le camembert avec vol-au-vents at the l'restaurant"

Kaffbo: "Ooh làaa làaah!! Monsieur Lee you iz spoiling me. J'adore le camembert avec vol-au-vents and a few pints of wine does me!"

Kaffbo: "But, Monsieur Lee, I don't think Alkystair and Nelly are going to be best pleased you're taking me away for a dirty weekend in Le Paris as they both fancy me something rigid"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
It is astounding that he thinks it is too much for him to organise anything or make any effort to book a guest.. Can you imagine if he just did calls straight to air Triple M style on a morning show ? even if he got ofcommed it would be a hit.

The counselling will go the same way, the moment a "client" is not happy and complains he will cave and say he can't do it.

And him and Lynnbo going to Paris spits in the face of the vulnerable people he takes money from every month.

• Heart
It is astounding that he thinks it is too much for him to organise anything or make any effort to book a guest.. Can you imagine if he just did calls straight to air Triple M style on a morning show ? even if he got ofcommed it would be a hit.
The calls are straight to air since he doesn't have anyone to answer the phone for him...

It's not like he doesn't have time to organise some guests anyway, he's been playing online chess during the songs this week, plus when he's on air and mumbling nonsense as he pays more attention to the game than doing a show.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Just thought I’d give Jack a listen, via twitch. Off Air he’s just stated he’s depressed, also that he wouldn’t listen to his show, finally he didn’t mind leaving on a damp squib…

It’s tragic really, he could be great on the radio if he really wanted it.

Reactions: 2
I don't remember any other radio presenter moaning about how bad their own shows is, at least not in any serious way.
It's no surprise nobody wants to employ him if that's how he behaves on air and social media.

It is a shame, but I think he lost his desire for radio a long time ago (as he himself has said on numerous occasions) and he now needs to concentrate on the counselling, maybe rebuilding the Twitch/Patreon content as a sideline, and even quitting Twitter for a few months.

Having had depression in the past, and probably going to face it again. I know how it pulls the life force, and the will to continue, from within you.
So, that probably explains a lot.

Wouldn’t wish depression on anyone, it’s a lonely. dark and miserable place.

Having had depression in the past, and probably going to face it again. I know how it pulls the life force, and the will to continue, from within you.
So, that probably explains a lot.

Wouldn’t wish depression on anyone, it’s a lonely. dark and miserable place.
I agree and am in a similar place.

i just think he needs to step away from radio/social media.
I hope he and Kath can build a life; irrespective of the argument to how much damage his constant need for Kath's attention helped break her marriage (I've no idea why her marriage didn't work and it's horrible for her and her kids, whatever happened), Kath will be able to keep him from relapsing again. Nobody wants that for him.

Ah, what do I know.

I think Iain has always been a unique broadcaster and his honesty in regards to his own depression/mental health is what has made many of his late night shows unmissable. His show has got me through many terrible nights/times.
Hell, most of us here were/are fans which is why we take it all so seriously.

i just don't think he can work anywhere other than late night talk radio.
Breakfast, drive time, his style doesn't gel with that irrespective of the station. Not anymore, anyway.

Whatever he does next, I hope he is enthusiastic about it and can make a living from it.

Last edited:
just don't think he can work anywhere other than late night talk radio.
Heartfelt post, Lance. I know where you’re coming from.

Regards late night radio- I do wonder what it is that Heean wants from a job. Like what would be the optimum circumstance for the old goombah?! I suppose it would be the Patreon shows, which he has made in his image, yet which are seemingly half hearted efforts - slack, repetitive, whiny- and only continue as a way of exhorting money from Ver Fans, not as any sort of passion project.

I wonder if Kalf has got anything in the pipeline?

I wonder what it would take for Gatford to turn, besides a forklift truck.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.