Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #3 Big Up and Jacked Off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blimey, well I hope Iain lives life to the full in 2023 and beyond!

A gentle reminder that we are all Tattlers together here, even when we disagree! Peace and love to all!

I have a lot of time for Iain, Kath and TLNA.
Listening to the show got me through some crappy times. However, as with all things, I just fell out of love with it.
I hope Iain and Kath get to be happy together and can make things work.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
A gentle reminder that we are all Tattlers together here, even when we disagree! Peace and love to all!
THIS is the SHOW! This IS the SHOW! THIS is THE show!

However, as with all things, I just fell out of love with it.
I think this is the case with most people on this crazy ol’ board of ours. Thing is Lance, I don’t think we fell out of love with TLNA naturally- for me it was the laziness of Heeyan and Kaffeter, the absolutely weird banning/aggression etc, and basically how tit the whole thing ended up. The squandering of something which was special, that’s what gets on my tits.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
"I have a lot of time for Iain, Kath and TLNA."

Eyan was talking about taking in a lodger previously. This could be the perfect opportunity for you...if your name is Roger, you can be "Roger The Lodger". LOLs.

Nice cosy evenings in with Eyan & Kaffbo & Sir Duncealot Lancelot sipping hot milky cocoa on the therapy couch and talking about how Eyan gets vulnerables through times of difficulty.

The "TLNA Triumvirate" can recount the TLNA best bits while nibbling "amuse-bouche hors-d'œuvre" prepared by Kaffbo because she's all French and dead cultured and cultivated and posh with all that "joie de vivre". I bet Kaffbo went to a Manc finishing school.

Since WOPHD has been excommunicated from the Church of Eyan Lee...Eyan is now looking for a replacement. This is a fantastic once-in-a-lifetime opening for you!

Get in there my son! Back of the net!

"However, as with all things, I just fell out of love with it."

I hope our relationship survives! Please don't fall out of love with me. Please don't "turn on me", because they always do...

Lollity LOL LOLs!! Hahahaha. 🤗

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Can we just double check if anyone has called in a bomb scare to a local radio station yet in protest about Eyan leaving ?..... If not someone call AlkyStair

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Has he announced it this morning then?
Not sure, I was just trying to provide some comedic relief to the love birds squabbling on the thread... It also pays to remind everyone that AlkyStair called in a bomb threat to Talk

• Haha
A friend listened this morning and she said he sounded '...quite chipper' but she didn't hear the whole show. I expect he didn't mention it.

As mentioned before (no need to scroll back...), he hasn't had JackFM on his Twitter bio for a while so that probably means something in regards to how he feels about the show.

Just listening back to this morning's show... Rhythmic Paul calling in :sick: Surely the most boring regular, and that's saying something.

Dom Joly popping in to promote a show he's doing this week, which is you look at the seating plan is going to be absolutely dead:

1673867569561.png

The entire balcony and circle seats are all blocked off and are unable to be booked, and of the stalls all the yellow seats are the ones still unsold 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Just listening back to this morning's show... Rhythmic Paul calling in :sick: Surely the most boring regular, and that's saying something.

Dom Joly popping in to promote a show he's doing this week, which is you look at the seating plan is going to be absolutely dead:

View attachment 1886751

The entire balcony and circle seats are all blocked off and are unable to be booked, and of the stalls all the yellow seats are the ones still unsold 😂
Have never been able to warm to Dim Jolly, seems not many others like him either....

Reactions: 3
I met Dom about 12 or so years ago when we were both taking the same flight to San Francisco. First, in the queue at the gate I asked him (I didn't realise it was actually him at the time since I hadn't seen or thought about him since Trigger Happy TV a decade earlier) if it was the right line for our flight. I wasn't sure because the lines were twisting all over the place around bollards due to work being done in that part of the building. He looked me up and down and said "Ha! Well, this is the line I belong in, I'm not sure where you'll find the one for economy." He looked so pleased with himself and his assessment of me. I knew it was him when I heard that annoying voice. Anyway, when I was getting onto the plane I walked past him and he was sat there flicking through a magazine and when I got near him he looked at me and smiled, and said "Have fun back there!" He wasn't even in business or first class, he was acting like an entitled prick just because he was in premium economy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I met Dom about 12 or so years ago when we were both taking the same flight to San Francisco. First, in the queue at the gate I asked him (I didn't realise it was actually him at the time since I hadn't seen or thought about him since Trigger Happy TV a decade earlier) if it was the right line for our flight. I wasn't sure because the lines were twisting all over the place around bollards due to work being done in that part of the building. He looked me up and down and said "Ha! Well, this is the line I belong in, I'm not sure where you'll find the one for economy." He looked so pleased with himself and his assessment of me. I knew it was him when I heard that annoying voice. Anyway, when I was getting onto the plane I walked past him and he was sat there flicking through a magazine and when I got near him he looked at me and smiled, and said "Have fun back there!" He wasn't even in business or first class, he was acting like an entitled prick just because he was in premium economy. I think it was the connecting flight for when he went on Celebrity Wipe Out and the bleep broke his foot falling off an inflatable.
What a nob!

• Heart
I'm pretty sure it was the connecting flight for when he went on Celebrity Wipe Out and the bleep broke his foot falling off an inflatable, so justice was served.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Gone? Good. There you go. Off mainstream radio much better.

. Hope it’s quite soon. No way will he work a normal notice🤫 even if he is claiming he will 😏

Have never been able to warm to Dim Jolly, seems not many others like him either....
He is 10’000 hrs subscriber. I think it was Jimmy Carr that converted all that 90’s pack.

Qudos.

• Heart
"Yesterday, I finally got what a breakfast show is. A guest and a winner. That's the very minimum. I've realised it too late, and that's ok. And also that would be impossible for me to do every day without a producer, but disapointing that I FINALLY got it" -Iain Lee

Does he not have a producer at all at JackFM since Will left? I can see how that could potentially be tricky (I don't work in radio, duh, but Iain's thing has always been to involve and work closer with a producer).

I know he has mentioned 'big news' and things soon. I wonder if he is expanding into real life (rather than online/zoom) counselling?
🤔

I think the reason they let Will go is because they knew Iain was capable of pressing a few buttons himself, since Will didn't actually turn up to work until an hour into Iain's show so if he was able to do the first hour himself why not the whole three hours? The big boss must have been left wondering what Will actually did besides chat to Iain and clip the "best bits". It wouldn't surprise me if Iain has another radio gig lined up and can't talk about it yet, I don't think he'd hand his notice in since it's easy money really. He'd just work to the end of the contract or until he's sacked and receives a payout.

I'm surprised he needs a producer to get guests. He knows enough people and all it takes it a tweet, text or email to arrange something. Maybe the three hours of work (minus 2 hrs of music, adverts and news) is too much for him. Maybe instead of firing off a few emails to potential guests while the music is playing he needs to pay full attention to the people watching on Twitch since they're largely the ones supporting him through Patreon.

He has so many “eureka” moments where he says he finally gets something. If I had to make an Iain Lee bingo card that would be one of the first things I put on there.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Actually,

His eureka moments are repetitive.

He’s always ‘aware’ after the fact. Even though he already knew.

He knows breakfast radio. He knows breakfast TV. Nothing new here that should be a challenge. If you can be ar*ed…

This has failed because he let that underlying entitlement win out again.

None of this was difficult.

He should have been grateful and graceful about his Jack FM gig. Nobody else would touch him. He self-sabotaged immediately because he was given something, that he didn’t actually want.

Radio has gone now for him. He is gone from radio. Good. That’s my preferred outcome delivered.

He might get a sniff re a bit of BB work in the summer but that’s not really compatible with his counsellor career.

While he remains an active counsellor. For however long that is. Who knows🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.