Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good point. I must be Iain and the new member is Kath. Thank God we got this sorted out before it got out of hand! Who wants a pic of me knob? (Moderators, that is a joke)
I get that your joking but this is the bit I don’t find funny at all. I think he is predatory and manipulative and behaved really badly over the dic pic thing. On quite a few levels. It’s actually worked for him in a way, cos you’re joking about it.

I sense he is going to carry the above, to the new place. He’s done that before.

I’m just red flagging.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm joking about it because it keeps coming up here as a stick to beat him with. He admitted at the time that he acted badly around it all, but at the same time - am I wrong in thinking these were all consensual discussions? And this was what, four or five years ago now? Nothing like that has come out since, unless someone here has proof to the contrary...

It feels like there's a number of people here who have been directly hurt by Iain and Kath in some way. And that's between you and them. But at what point does it go from wanting 'justice' done to just being vindictive?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm joking about it because it keeps coming up here as a stick to beat him with. He admitted at the time that he acted badly around it all, but at the same time - am I wrong in thinking these were all consensual discussions?
One of the people who he send his dick pics to and who he requested send him her own photos called up literally the day after her partner had physically assaulted her. Is something completely consensual in those circumstances? It seems like there can never be consent when there's such an imbalance of power.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm joking about it because it keeps coming up here as a stick to beat him with. He admitted at the time that he acted badly around it all, but at the same time - am I wrong in thinking these were all consensual discussions? And this was what, four or five years ago now? Nothing like that has come out since, unless someone here has proof to the contrary...

It feels like there's a number of people here who have been directly hurt by Iain and Kath in some way. And that's between you and them. But at what point does it go from wanting 'justice' done to just being vindictive?
I wouldn’t be bringing it up if he hadn’t got a new job with a (slighter) higher profile and therefore fresh opportunity.

Vulnerable women, Iain’s manipulative needy nature, how they came on his radar in the first place… just what you want from someone who is going to be a counsellor and been handed a gig.

Couldn’t care less how long ago it was, he about to be back on the radio…so warning, warning.

You’re comment nothing else has come out … does that make it all ok then?

Image if he asked you to consensually send him a pic with the same spirit he asked people to consensually fund them.

He could get very upset at the free loaders, scum, sh*ts or whatever/however he decided to describe them that day. I bet it made some people worried about him being unhappy with them. You know, vulnerable people.

Not sure what you mean by ‘justice’?

You have chosen to view my post(s) as vindictive. No prob.

My posts are really warnings. In case someone comes looking…for some reason.

You would not likely be a target, it’s ok for you not to be concerned. You can joke about it.

I am going to continue.

Being called vindictive is not going to make any difference to me, because I know I’m not.

One of the people who he send his dick pics to and who he requested send him her own photos called up literally the day after her partner had physically assaulted her. Is something completely consensual in those circumstances? It seems like there can never be consent when there's such an imbalance of power.
Actually, you put it better than me. That’s it in a nutshell for me.

• Heart
I can promise on the lives of all eight of Iain and Kath's cats (I think that's right?) that I have zero idea who that new poster is. I would hope that it's not Iain or Kath and that they have better things to do an hour before going live, though. But I like the cut of her jib.
It must be that Mancunian sass?

Ah, I see you're following the old adage: "If nobody laughs the first time, just keep making the joke until they realise how funny it is."

Which, ironically, accurately describes the last 15 years of actual Alan Partridge output.
How can you not find him funny?!

Reactions: 2
@Ex TLNA fan I love early Alan Partridge. Proper love it. The TV and radio iterations of KMKWAP, Series 1 of I'm Alan Partridge... I wasn't as fond of Series 2, and then for me it's been downhill from there, with the odd exception (such as Alpha Papa). It feels like the Gibbonses and Coogan are running the character into the ground.

Reactions: 3
The Partridge books were the funniest the character has even been!

I quite enjoyed I, Partridge, but Nomad didn't do much for me. Nor did From the Oasthouse or This Time.

But hey, it's all subjective, and I may have been a little hyperbolic as I don't think any of the above are BAD, as such - it's just that at best they make me smile. Even now, the first few iterations of Partridge can leave me in hysterics. But that's exactly why the likes of Armando Iannucci and Peter Baynham, who wrote so much of it, don't have the time to be involved really anymore.

Remember Alan Partridge's meeting with Tony Hayers from the BBC, where Alan was coming up with ideas for TV programmes? One of them was 'Cooking In Prison' which became a reality with 'Gordon Behind Bars' (Gordon Ramsay)

I think Iain is a bit Partridge but not as much as Richard Madeley.

I remember Iain getting proper annoyed at the "Accidental Partridge" guys, because the things they picked him up on were never accidental. There's always been a key difference between Iain and the likes of Madeley in that Iain is a comedic performer. He's aware of a lot of the tropes of what he believes is bad radio, and he often leans into pretending to be a bit out of touch etc to get a laugh - and it's usually pretty signposted as deliberate if you're looking for it.

There's definitely a Partridge trajectory to his career though, I can't deny that. I think the way he talks at the moment it's more likely that he'll get out of the limelight entirely than present The One Show, but you never know, eh?

I remember Iain getting proper annoyed at the "Accidental Partridge" guys, because the things they picked him up on were never accidental. There's always been a key difference between Iain and the likes of Madeley in that Iain is a comedic performer. He's aware of a lot of the tropes of what he believes is bad radio, and he often leans into pretending to be a bit out of touch etc to get a laugh - and it's usually pretty signposted as deliberate if you're looking for it.

There's definitely a Partridge trajectory to his career though, I can't deny that. I think the way he talks at the moment it's more likely that he'll get out of the limelight entirely than present The One Show, but you never know, eh?
This bit:

[/QUOTE]

100% can confirm that WILL NOT HAPPEN. Just a big no to that, thanks😂

The countdown to Iain Lee on Jack FM continues!

One week to go!

A Rude Awakening? ⏰

• Heart
100% confirmation on future events is an impressive feat, @heejeebejee! Do you have next week's lottery numbers too? 😉

Sadly I won't get to hear much Rude Awakening, as I'm either already working or still asleep at 7am... I don't know if/when Matty will be uploading them - he doesn't do it without Iain's say-so, and Iain keeps talking about this only being a live thing - but there'll be a half-hour podcast each week apparently. Iain also said they were looking into streaming it on YouTube, though from what I can tell that'd be well beyond anything Jack do at the moment.

Garlicbread King: "It's like the old saying goes - it takes two to tango"

Not really. If one person (Eyan in this case) has a long list of personality issues, like NPD, and the other person doesn't then it takes just one to tango. How many times has Eyan ripped in to someone being perfectly decent and civil for no reason whatsoever?

The old adage: "could start an argument in an empty room", springs to mind.

Garlicbread King: "The biggest problem always seems to be that the callers in question don't "get" the show or its sense of humour. And the problem then is that no amount of talking or explaining it will change that."

If it requires a training course in order to understand why Eyan is a genius then the problem is with Eyan and his show. Not the public.

As I've previously stated, the best way for Eyan and TLNA to avoid people "not getting the show", is to limit the show to only those who have the capacity to "get the show".

Carefully select who is allowed to be a listener and allowed to interact. Just limit the show to Alistair, WOPHD, Gatfard, Mandoula etc...etc...

But it looks like the TLNA controllers already do that anyway. Eyan would be better off limiting his shows to his top 25 of people who are truly gifted enough to "get the show".

Garlicbread King: "I'm joking about it because it keeps coming up here as a stick to beat him with."

This is a good summary around how the TLNA true believers can justify anything disgraceful Eyan does. Just turn it around and make the perp the victim. Victim blaming...

I'm genuinely grateful for Garlicbread King's views as it gives us a direct insight in to how the TLNA hive mind works. I'm utterly fascinated and hope Garlicbread King shares as much as possible from the perspective of how the TLNA mindset works. It's a highly valuable contribution to this thread.

Garlicbread King: "It feels like there's a number of people here who have been directly hurt by Iain and Kath in some way. And that's between you and them. But at what point does it go from wanting 'justice' done to just being vindictive?"

Not the case. I'm sure some have been treated badly by both and many haven't. Again, I'm highly appreciative of being able to see how valid comments are viewed from the perspective of a TLNA hive mind member. Turn the abuser in to the victim. It's truly amazing how this is done.

Let's ignore the fact Eyan hurts people. Let's just totally ignore that. That's not the issue. The real issue is audacity of people calling Eyan out. How very dare they speak truth!

Let's apply this same Garlicbread King "logic" to Harvey Weinstein and his victims.

How dare Harvey Weinstein's victims beat Harvey with this stick! The abuse happened years ago.

Poor Harvey. Harvey is the real victim in all of this. A number of people have been directly hurt by Harvey and it's just totally unacceptable they speak up about it. Don't they understand Harvey has ADHD/Bi-Polar/NPD/Manic Depressive State/OCD/Divorce/various addictions/Clutch failing on car/Cat not well/Getting the boot from TR and this makes it all OK.

As if the original abusive behaviour from Eyan is instantly excused and anyone who's been affected is "vindictive" for daring to speak up.

I'd like to write a book about this point: how do cult members defend the indefensible? The mental gymnastics are Olympic gold standard, staggering and utterly fascinating.

Last edited:
If you actually think the crimes of Harvey Weinstein are in any way comparable to Iain exchanging dirty pics with women who wanted to shag the bloke off The Persuasionists, I got nothing for you.

There are some nice people on this thread, but honestly @General Kim you're next level batshit.

Quite the opposite.

I was clearly not drawing an equivalence between Eyan's dirty activities being the same level as Harvey Weinstein's.

I can see how you could have arrived at a total misunderstanding due to a deficiency in reading comprehension skills. Or was the misunderstanding deliberate?

What I'm trying to understand is how do TLNA cultists manage to convince themselves Eyan is always the victim? No matter what. Even when it couldn't be clearer Eyan's in the wrong.

I was merely applying exactly the same "logic", defenders of the TLNA cult use and apply it to the example of Harvey Weinstein.

Anything Eyan does is always excused and the TLNA cult goes after the victim. Blaming them using some bizarre twisted logic.

Kaffbo is without question the Empress of the TLNA cult when it comes to this perversion of logic and double standards. So the fans just copy her? Is that it?

One minute she's telling us all about her exceedingly high values, high morals, high standards of behaviour and high feminist ideals.

Next minute, she's as quiet as the meekest mouse in hiding when Eyan does stuff right in front of her. Remarkably silent is Kaffbo.

I'm just trying to understand this TLNA fan club behaviour. No, I won't directly ask her if I want to understand this, before it's suggested I do so.

So to make it easier to understand I simply showed what it looks like if we use exactly the same TLNA "logic" on Harvey Weinstein's victims.

Let's see what the likes of Kaffbo would have to say if people who follow TLNA logic applied it to Weinstein's victims.

So Weinstein's victims must be using whatever Weinstein did as a "stick to beat" him with, and he's the victim? And as it happened a long time ago that makes it OK.

Considering you were, and could still be as far as I know, part of the TLNA attack army I thought maybe you could help me understand what goes through the mind of someone who will defend Eyan at all costs when he's bang out of order and why TLNA members attack the victim.

I'm fascinated in trying to understand why TLNA vulnerables do that. Why they suspend all logic and rational behaviour and engage in harmful nasty behaviour.

Work with me. Help me get to the bottom of this!

I quite enjoyed I, Partridge, but Nomad didn't do much for me. Nor did From the Oasthouse or This Time.

But hey, it's all subjective, and I may have been a little hyperbolic as I don't think any of the above are BAD, as such - it's just that at best they make me smile. Even now, the first few iterations of Partridge can leave me in hysterics. But that's exactly why the likes of Armando Iannucci and Peter Baynham, who wrote so much of it, don't have the time to be involved really anymore.
Don't what ever you do go to watch Alan Partridge's Stratagem.
Even Ken Dodd couldn’t make that material last 60mins on stage.

Mid Morning Matters was peak Partridge with Tim Key.
This Time was post comedy Partridge.
Great sketches in amongst the BBC state sanctioned w@nk humour.
Oasthouse had it's moments but too few.
I'm really hoping that Coogan's Jimmy Saville character will be a return to form.
Can't wait.

Hold up!
Has this thread now become intentionally Partridge as opposed to accidental.

The thing with the dick pics these days is definitely enough to ruin someones career, he's really lucky he did it when he did. People have been ruined for similar things on YT/Twitch and the like and lets be honest thats the new media now. Which is why it personally bothers me, he could of made it big and spring boarded himself.

While I don't think the dick pic is the biggest issue bar the vulnerability of those involved it's simply he keeps getting worse as a person from the TR arc.

Him limiting his audience maybe subconsciously has left little room for him to grow understand any mistake he is making currently. Echo chambers are never a good thing, which is why I presume this thread is open to anyone even fans.

• Heart
"Even fans"? :ROFLMAO:

Let's be honest, fans are mostly allowed here because Tattle Life likes to maintain that it's not the hateful cesspit its reputation and the content of most of the threads on the site suggest ;)

(That said, pretty much all of the pro-TLNA voices on this thread appear to have been banned...)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.