Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One more sleep until the Jack FM listenership gets a Rude Awakening with Iain Lee!

⏰

• Haha
Reactions: 2
He was about half an hour late getting in.

It wasn't even a stunt.

Producer had to open the mic and explain the situation, sounding genuinely concerned and pissed off.

Not a good omen.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m a bit mixed, I think it’s been the best he’s been in a long while. Not at all surprised he didn’t make it on time, typical of him.

What’s the most annoying thing, is hearing Dim Jolly droning on, boils my piss!

A WhatsApp voice message played out on air, at around 20 past 9... "load of crap... I'm moving to another station... bring back Trevor Marshall."

For a moment, Iain sounded like he'd been punched in the stomach, then... well I don't have to tell you he got straight back on his high horse, insisting that the woman who left the message is still listening because 'they always do'.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
A WhatsApp voice message played out on air, at around 20 past 9... "load of crap... I'm moving to another station... bring back Trevor Marshall."

For a moment, Iain sounded like he'd been punched in the stomach, then... well I don't have to tell you he got straight back on his high horse, insisting that the woman who left the message is still listening because 'they always do'.
It was also reported that she said
"'Half hour late!
The cheek of it!
Saying that after listening to him
He could of stayed at home for all I cared.
Hanging's too good for him!
So it is."
Mrs Morrissey

• Haha
Hilarious!
Iain's back on form.
The start of the show, (not at all a contrived stunt), was bang on!
This reminded me of his heated row with his new presenter Ian Watkins on Talk Radio after which whilst on his way home he stopped his car and got out to calm down.
As he was getting his breath he was attacked by an owl!
As Iain fled from the angry cat headed bird he unfortunately fell backwards over a low wall only to find himself in a well!
To make matters worse when eventually manage to climb out of said well he was immediately attacked by an equally vicious cat.
Well that's how I recall the event.

To be serious though he started his programme by slagging off presenters to keep his fanboys happy.
Dunno how long listeners are going to tolerate his Leftie comments.
It is a music channel after all and not the Beeb or LBC.
Both of which, if I remember correctly, no longer needed his services.

• Haha
Listened to the opening of Rude Awankening Awakening and wasn't surprised Eyan pulled that stunt.

Producer Will played it well.

If it was on purpose, very good. If it wasn't, very good! LOLs.

I'd say deffo it was planned and it worked well.

Can't listen to the show because of the music and the adverts which do my head in. They're so loud and ranty. I forgot how bargain basement and low grade commercial local radio is.

It wasn't even a stunt.

Producer had to open the mic and explain the situation, sounding genuinely concerned and pissed off.

Not a good omen.
I think it was a stunt.
In fact I'm sure it was.
It all sounded a bit rehearsed the way they spoke to each other.
About as convincing as Piers Morgan's Trump debacle.
Another naff sketch by ,as Wikipedia erroneously describe him , TV Writer Iain.

So, the Rude Awakening has begun!

Set this for the morning...⏰...what lols await?

Reactions: 1
So, the Rude Awakening has begun!

Set this for the morning...⏰...what lols await?
What japes lay in wait, more like!
Uh oh!
I can see it now.
How's about him phoning up a rival station and winding them up good and proper.
You know like what he did, (and every other wacky.. loose canon... zany... off the wall...oh what's he going to do next DJ), in the 90's.
Or having a comedy character guest on.
Like...I don't know... that old man one....er John Shuttleworth!..no not him besides the budget wouldn't stretch...he's a old man character like that but not him..Count Arthur Strong!..no it's not him either but he is as batty...an old man character who regularly phones in confused but not Count Arthur Strong but is as funny...no..his name escapes me.
Or real life comedy characters like Nigel from Maidstone.
Or "Don't let your kids out of your sight" it's WOPHD!
Non Alcky Alistair would really have listeners in bits
And I do hope Iain gives it to the Tories like Ben "A little bit of politics" Thatcher did in the 80's to keep it topical.

• Heart
  • Haha
Just listened to yesterday's show on catch up. My conclusion is... not bad at all really. Fine for what it is (a crap local radio show).

I'll never listen to it because about 95%+ of it is music, adverts, news, traffic and travel. The phone calls are only a minute or less so, there's no time to get into anything other than messing about. I might listen to an episode every few weeks to monitor the inevitable car crash, but my thumb might not recover from this morning's relentless 15 second skip button presses.

Seems it’s too much temptation for the “Usual Suspects”… already calling in, tedious people!

• Haha
Haha, apparently Fatford and Alistair called today 🙄
The thing with super fans is they're hard to shake off.
If all goes well at Jack he'll want to shed them and become the Iain Lee like what he was on yer LBC, like.
Those fanboys will become like a bitter ex and turn on him.
He involved them into his private life and they also allowed him in...er...so to speak.
God help him if he runs his car off the road in the Oxfordshire/Berkshire region one night.
He'll be put up in one of their spare rooms alright.
24/7 care guaranteed as long as he doesn't become a "dirty birdy"

• Haha
  • Heart
I just finished listening to this morning's show despite thinking I wouldn't bother. I thought it was actually pretty good 😂 Iain is obviously "putting on a show", but he's always been at his best when he's doing that instead of whinging about his personal life or endlessly talking about what the show even is, or watching old clips or listening to old music. It feels more like a drive time show than a breakfast show at the moment, but I suppose that's irrelevant to me since I'll never listen live. The vibe with the new 22 year old producer boy is refreshing after years working with Katherine too, sounded like they were both enjoying themselves today. It's a shame that the talking bits only seem to total around 30 minutes out of a three hour show once you've skipped all the news and music and adverts. I wonder why he wouldn't want to put that out as a podcast?

Apart from the Superfans, he was good, problem is the adverts, too much music and Dom bleeping Jolly sounding off, pretending everyone finds him funny…

It wasn't even a stunt.

Not a good omen.
Maybe it takes longer, driving in bare feet like Alan Partridge...:D

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.