Iain Lee and Katherine Boyle #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread created! It's my first time so hope this is ok.

Recap thread #1:

Iain and Kath are equal partners of peace and love for the fans.

Iain has a new gig, Jack FM breakfast show from 4th July.

A Rude Awakening?

(Best suggestion for thread title in my opinion was indeed from @Gingerbread King 'Iain Lee, Jacking Off', however, a nod to @General Kim for their excellent suggestion to keep Tattle top of the Google pops!).

(Edit to say, Tattle has now taken away Twitch, TLNA and Jack FM from the thread title).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
New thread created! It's my first time so hope this is ok.

Recap thread #1:

Iain and Kath are equal partners of peace and love for the fans.

Iain has a new gig, Jack FM breakfast show from 4th July.

A Rude Awakening?

(Best suggestion for thread title in my opinion was indeed from @Gingerbread King 'Iain Lee, Jacking Off', however, a nod to @General Kim for their excellent suggestion to keep Tattle top of the Google pops!).

(Edit to say, Tattle has now taken away Twitch, TLNA and Jack FM from the thread title).
Wotcha whybrows. Wow. 1000 comments and counting! Well done.
Let's see who'll join from the old thread.
The stooges didn't last long when they were rumbled.
OK On with the show.
(And cue the Murray Franklin theme)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Nice one @whybrows! Great to see a continuation thread!

Looks like can't quote from any posts on original thread.

Regarding about Eyan's little coterie being boring and harmless. They're definitely boring and yet reveal so much about the toxic nature of their obsession. Harmless? Definitely not imho.

We've all seen them turn in to a nasty mob with pitchforks on Christo.

Never once saw a single one of them "dissenting" when Eyan went on his irrational tirade against the Asian BBC Radio presenters. I don't remember the exact details of what made Eyan decide to viciously explode and start on them. I do remember something about them being perplexed about Eyan's attack as they had no idea who Eyan is.

If Eyan's little bunch of lovelies had any decency they would have stood up and called Eyan out on numerous occasions. Just like Kaffbo strenuously does.

Instead they blindly agree with Eyan, hear the dog whistle and start a nasty social media pile-on to show their extreme loyalty and devotion.

Reactions: 5
Nice one @whybrows! Great to see a continuation thread!

Looks like can't quote from any posts on original thread.

Regarding about Eyan's little coterie being boring and harmless. They're definitely boring and yet reveal so much about the toxic nature of their obsession. Harmless? Definitely not imho.

We've all seen them turn in to a nasty mob with pitchforks on Christo.

Never once saw a single one of them "dissenting" when Eyan went on his irrational tirade against the Asian BBC Radio presenters. I don't remember the exact details of what made Eyan decide to viciously explode and start on them. I do remember something about them being perplexed about Eyan's attack as they had no idea who Eyan is.

If Eyan's little bunch of lovelies had any decency they would have stood up and called Eyan out on numerous occasions. Just like Kaffbo strenuously does.

Instead they blindly agree with Eyan, hear the dog whistle and start a nasty social media pile-on to show their extreme loyalty and devotion.
The Cristo thing was through bitterness after he took over Iain's shift.
Same as his Dan Wooton gripe of which Dan reported him for.
As for the Asian affair would that be Sunny and Shay?
If so that was because they and their producers had a caller say racist and homophobic comments several times before dumping the call.
Iain played a recording of the offending call and bragged that it wouldn't have happened to him and Kath.
Guess what?
It did with a vengance.
Teenage lads calling in constantly testing Iain's skill on the dump button.
There were 2 excellent calls that really roped him in. And getting called a pweirdo for his dodgy appearance also became a regular thing.
Anyway in the end Iain backpeddled and said he was probably a bit harsh on Sunny and Shay.
So 2 Gays and an Asian couple were targeted by Iain and Kath but it's OK when they do it.

Iain is boring but not harmful?

Personally I can't agree after seeing the bullying, if most of this stuff wasn't deleted off Twitch I'm sure I'd have many clips to show.

Someone who was simply boring wouldn't keep getting threads made on them. While is content isn't good at the moment the slow motion train crash is something worth analysing. I suppose he's not entertaining by conventional means here.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not Iain, @TwoZeroTwoAM, the regular callers.

What happened with Cristo exactly? Because from what I remember of Iain's sacking, he was really clear in saying "Please don't go after Cristo, he's a good guy and this isn't his fault, I've been in his position before." So anyone who then attacked Cristo was 100% doing it against Iain's orders...

As for Sunny and Shay, I think it was unprofessional and hubristic to cover what happened in the way Iain did... But I also think that call was pretty unforgivable radio - it was so clear that nobody in the studio was listening to what the caller was saying, with Sunny just metaphorically waving the guy on through. I get why that would anger someone else in the profession, even if I think that anger should've been kept private.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Wotcha whybrows. Wow. 1000 comments and counting! Well done.
Let's see who'll join from the old thread.
The stooges didn't last long when they were rumbled.
OK On with the show.
(And cue the Murray Franklin theme)
There may be one still here...and not just a fan...😉

There may be one still here...and not just a fan...😉
If you mean me, I'm not a stooge, I'm a fan. And I think by this point I've more than proven myself capable and willing to have a polite and good-humoured discussion about these things without getting into nastiness, surely?

Not Iain, @TwoZeroTwoAM, the regular callers.

What happened with Cristo exactly? Because from what I remember of Iain's sacking, he was really clear in saying "Please don't go after Cristo, he's a good guy and this isn't his fault, I've been in his position before." So anyone who then attacked Cristo was 100% doing it against Iain's orders...

As for Sunny and Shay, I think it was unprofessional and hubristic to cover what happened in the way Iain did... But I also think that call was pretty unforgivable radio - it was so clear that nobody in the studio was listening to what the caller was saying, with Sunny just metaphorically waving the guy on through. I get why that would anger someone else in the profession, even if I think that anger should've been kept private.
Some really interesting points.

Regarding the Christo events.

I'd say the summary "Please don't go after Cristo, he's a good guy and this isn't his fault, I've been in his position before" is spot on accurate what Eyan said.

It's called a dog whistle. It's literally the definition of a dog whistle.

It's how Eyan presented his departure and knowing exactly how to incite his harmless little lovelies in to action. It's not brain surgery.

It's identical to what James O'Brien does when he "Retweets" someone he doesn't like. As if by magic his mob suddenly go on the mass attack when James O'Brien Retweets. It's the ultimate dog whistle. James can sit back and claim total ignorance, "Who me guv? All I did was Retweet. I never called for a pile-on".

We all know there's nothing innocent about Eyan.

Previously (when we had the mini invasion of TLNA vulnerables), one of them also asserted that if anything Eyan tried to stop the hounding and mob attack on Christo.

Couple of things I'd disagree with:

Why would "harmless" fans do that in the first place?

Of course Eyan would have to be publicly seen to try and get his little lovelies under some control with this command they should stop.

Also, let's not forget:

Eyan constantly had digs and made jibes about Christo throughout his Twitch TLNA time. If that wasn't a dog whistle to Eyan's harmless little lovelies I don't know what is.

Eyan constantly attacked Mark Dolan throughout his Twitch TLNA time. If that wasn't a dog whistle to Eyan's harmless little lovelies I don't know what is. However, it did fail to instigate a pile-on as The Tribe just weren't interested in Mark Dolan for some reason. Probably because Mark didn't take over Eyan's old show?

Regarding Sunny and Shay.

Was Eyan just coincidentally listening live when it happened? Or did he jump on it afterwards to milk it for opportunistic attention by making a mountain out of a molehill?

I don't remember any other presenter being "outraged" like Eyan was, or any other presenter even commenting.

Sunny and Shay most likely had a momentary lapse, it happens. Not all presenters can be perfect like Eyan and never make a mistake. Though it was jolly decent of Eyan to literally go around telling everyone that because he's so amazing it would never have happened on his watch! LOLs!

Was Eyan trying to say BBC Radio London should sack Sunny and Shay and give him the slot to make sure this will never happen again? LOLs!

I've never listened to Sunny or Shay before so can't pass comment on their abilities or style. From what I've read it looks like they dropped the ball. Had a bad day. Are nice people but who aren't the sharpest tools in the box and got taken advantage of?

Also, Eyan is always on his "guard" for such calls due to the nature of his entire style and career. People will always be looking to catch Eyan out. Especially the ones he's previously wound up. Have Sunny and Shay got people who are out to get them? Probably not, so they wouldn't be as vigilant.

Did Eyan rip in to a producer once at BBC 3CR? Something about "go and do the Black and Asian show"?

I'm not saying Eyan has an issue with Asians, before anyone says I am.

Last edited:

I'd say the summary "Please don't go after Cristo, he's a good guy and this isn't his fault, I've been in his position before" is spot on accurate what Eyan said.

It's how Eyan presented his departure and knowing exactly how to incite his harmless little lovelies in to action. It's not brain surgery.
I disagree entirely. He knew people would be upset and would go looking at what was in the schedules to replace him. Iain does dog-whistle, quite frequently, but this wasn't one of them.

Doing a search does bring up some people having a pop, but also a lot of people being at least polite, and Kath putting down someone who ignored them and had a go at Cristo anyway:

The Black and Asian thing was this: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/12/bbc-apologises-iain-lee-producer-black-asian-show

I never heard the segment in question, but there was a lot of dicking about between Iain and the team there, so I suspect the Guardian is right in saying it was a "spoof" row. He mentioned this recently on one of the shows - "the Black and Asian Show" is apparently how it was referred to in-house. Iain was still wrong to buy into that and use the term on air though.

No idea about the rest of the Sunny and Shay stuff. I just remember hearing the clip when it was tweeted out and going "That shouldn't have been allowed to get that far".

The clip's here:

Someone in that studio (presumably there would've been Sunny and Shay plus a producer, at the very least?) should have been listening enough to shut it down. I don't think the caller could believe his luck!

Edit: Apparently the producer in question was Paul Scoins. He was a regular butt of the joke as part of the show's 'zoo' format. I remember him calling in to the Talk show a few times. So I definitely wouldn't characterise it as rage from Iain. Workplace bullying, at a stretch - obviously I'd say not, as it always seemed like he was in on it, but the less charitable among you might level that.

Last edited:

It's identical to what James O'Brien does when he "Retweets" someone he doesn't like. As if by magic his mob suddenly go on the mass attack when James O'Brien Retweets. It's the ultimate dog whistle. James can sit back and claim total ignorance, "Who me guv? All I did was Retweet. I never called for a pile-on".

We all know there's nothing innocent about Eyan.

Previously (when we had the mini invasion of TLNA vulnerables), one of them also asserted that if anything Eyan tried to stop the hounding and mob attack on Christo.

Couple of things I'd disagree with:

Why would "harmless" fans do that in the first place?

Of course Eyan would have to be publicly seen to try and get his little lovelies under some control with this command they should stop.

Also, let's not forget:

Eyan constantly had digs and made jibes about Christo throughout his Twitch TLNA time. If that wasn't a dog whistle to Eyan's harmless little lovelies I don't know what is.

Eyan constantly attacked Mark Dolan throughout his Twitch TLNA time. If that wasn't a dog whistle to Eyan's harmless little lovelies I don't know what is. However, it did fail to instigate a pile-on as The Tribe just weren't interested in Mark Dolan for some reason. Probably because Mark didn't take over Eyan's old show?

Regarding Sunny and Shay.

Was Eyan just coincidentally listening live when it happened? Or did he jump on it afterwards to milk it for opportunistic attention by making a mountain out of a molehill?

I don't remember any other presenter being "outraged" like Eyan was, or any other presenter even commenting.

Sunny and Shay most likely had a momentary lapse, it happens. Not all presenters can be perfect like Eyan and never make a mistake. Though it was jolly decent of Eyan to literally go around telling everyone that because he's so amazing it would never have happened on his watch! LOLs!

Was Eyan trying to say BBC Radio London should sack Sunny and Shay and give him the slot to make sure this will never happen again? LOLs!

I've never listened to Sunny or Shay before so can't pass comment on their abilities or style. From what I've read it looks like they dropped the ball. Had a bad day. Are nice people but who aren't the sharpest tools in the box and got taken advantage of?

Also, Eyan is always on his "guard" for such calls due to the nature of his entire style and career. People will always be looking to catch Eyan out. Especially the ones he's previously wound up. Have Sunny and Shay got people who are out to get them? Probably not, so they wouldn't be as vigilant.

Did Eyan rip in to a producer once at BBC 3CR? Something about "go and do the Black and Asian show"?

I'm not saying Eyan has an issue with Asians, before anyone says I am.
The Sunny and Shay incident was an unfortunate episode where no one seemed to be listening to what the guy was saying until he'd banged out some racist and homophobic words.
He, the "they only come out at night" nutjob started off a bit wacky then progressed into darker territory.

Iain said he'd heard it live and was shocked at the amateur handling of the caller.
He noted how many offending words were allowed before the caller was cut off.
He really went to town on Twitch slagging them off and he'd never heard anything so unprofessional in his career.
To be fair it was slack how long the guy was on.
But Sunny and Shay are light fluffy presenters not well versed in the night time call in shows which require an additional level of vigilance.
In his bitterness at losing TR and no one returning his calls for radio work he took it out on them.
S & S were blissfully unaware of who Iain was tbf.
His vitriol wasn't only for S & S, Dan Wooton, Mark Dolan and Cristo, of whom he would ask Kath should we call him up, but there was Tom Swarbrick and Julia Hartley Brewer.
This wasn't helping his case in getting back onto national radio.

You're spot on with the other names on that list @Pat Mustard - they all got mocked pretty frequently, and not in a friendly way. Right from the earliest TR shows they were alluding to Julia's unpleasant behaviour around the office and saying the station shuts down during her timeslot. But the jokes about Cristo never seemed anything less than good-natured - certainly I wouldn't lump him in with the rest of them, for whom Iain and Kath had a genuine disdain (which I share in most cases, but I'm not a radio presenter).

Gingerbread King, you've raised many areas of thought provoking analysis.

I assume when you "disagree entirely", you're not disagreeing with my agreement with you that you accurately summarised Eyan's statement about not going after Christo? LOLs.

James O'Brien's party trick of Retweeting someone is the dog whistle to his mob to start a massive sustained nasty pile-on. This is universally recognised as fact and I'm surprised anyone would disagree.

I agree Eyan knew his vulnerables would be unhappy and take it out on Christo. Even I knew that would happen. But, I say again "is this the behaviour of normal harmless people?"

No way Eyan didn't love it, know full well what his vulnerables would do and gave tacit approval. Then in a bid to appear he was fundamentally against it had to make his statements to leave Christo alone. It's his modus operandi.

I'm not keen on using a selective Tweet from a campaign as evidence as it doesn't reflect the entirety of the situation and Tweets could have been deleted. It's one thing to quote a one off Tweet from Eyan or Kaffbo (like Eyan's one flogging a SteamDeck for example), but it's another thing when there are many tweets from many people. Would need to list each and everyone in context and in they're own respective threads. Twitter is a mess when it comes to following every Tweet in a pile-on at the best of times.

I don't dispute some were polite and I don't dispute Kaffbo told someone off and they still carried on. That kind of proves my point. What normal harmless person wouldn't listen to Kaffbo's request to stop? Vulnerables get triggered and then go out of control.

But Eyan knows this and uses this fact. That's what makes it a dog whistle.

The Black and Asian thing is also this: https://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/08/bbc-apologises-for-awkward-iain-lee-stunt/

"It was an awkward on-air moment for Iain Lee on Friday when his producer decided he’d had enough and walked-out on the show. But Iain took the gag too far by telling him to go and do the Black and Asian Show, for which he and the BBC have both apologised for.

Paul left the studio to sounds of Iain making chicken noises telling him to go and do the Black and Asian Show.

Paul later tweeted: “Sadly, I’ve reached a point where I can no longer work with Iain Lee. His constant belittling of me, and my voice specifically, really hurts.”

This paints a very different picture to The Guardian piece which is lacking.

Admittedly, I never heard the exchange as I've never listened to Eyan on BBC 3CR so it could all be a pre-scripted act or "zoo" format. I'm sure there were jolly japes between Eyan and the team.

Workplace bullying. Yes. That's what Eyan is all about. When I get a chance I will post something else about this particular point which hasn't been mentioned before to the best of my knowledge.

But as it's Eyan, that makes workplace bullying fine as it's all "theatre" anyway?

Classic behaviour from a bully. IRL, I've witnessed bullying in the workplace and the perpetrator always says, "I was only joking". Which is the same as Eyan saying "it's all theatre", when in actual fact it isn't.

Let's see Eyan try some bullying "theatre" with an ex-para HGV artic driver for example. LOLs! And not just on those he has some "authority power" over.

Sunny and Shay should have been quicker to shut it down. I totally agree. But, was it really that bad? As I said before, they're probably not the sharpest tools in the box, easy going and it slipped through due to sloppiness and a lack of paying attention. It happens on local BBC radio frequently as they don't have a 7 second delay dump button. All presenters make mistakes.

But Eyan tried to capitalise on it a distasteful way, imo.

How much sooner should Sunny and Shay have cut the call compared to Eyan? Would Eyan have cut the call within a millisecond? Or used his "Super Powers" to know what the caller was going to say even before the caller knew and cut him off before he started speaking? LOLs.

It's not so much about being "less charitable", it's about a pattern and the fact that Eyan has a well deserved industry reputation for being "difficult" (that's a euphemism for being obnoxious and impossible to work with) and a known bully.

When it comes to giving Eyan the "B of the D" (benefit of the doubt) over bullying and being downright nasty sometimes. I know which way my decision lands as he's got so much form.

You're spot on with the other names on that list @Pat Mustard - they all got mocked pretty frequently, and not in a friendly way. Right from the earliest TR shows they were alluding to Julia's unpleasant behaviour around the office and saying the station shuts down during her timeslot. But the jokes about Cristo never seemed anything less than good-natured - certainly I wouldn't lump him in with the rest of them, for whom Iain and Kath had a genuine disdain (which I share in most cases, but I'm not a radio presenter).
Yeah gotta admit that although I share some of the views of Dolan and Wooton I've tired of their GB News routines.
The mock outrage at some equally tedious narcissistic w*k€, (I am sick of that word mainly thanks to Kevin O 'Sullivan's constant use of it),warrior is the entire raison d'être for their shows.
As for Swarbrick he is a serious if dull presenter as political commentators generally are given their subject.

Now Hartley Brewer is a fantastic presenter who stands for no rubbish. Much like Kellie Jay Keen.
Something to do with them being mums who have experienced life as they've raised their kids gives them a no nonsense approach.
Of course both are royally slagged off by the middle class and the T cult.

Cristo is a fantastic all rounder and can hold his own on political matters.
His comments on Trudeau and Johnson are spot on.
He is wasted on the early morning slot.

I fully agree about the James O'Brien dog whistling, which I think I noted that Iain does do himself - if I didn't, I certainly meant to. I just don't believe that was ever the case with Cristo.

Granted, a Twitter search doesn't bring up deleted tweets, but I think the link I posted gives a pretty fair overall picture of what happened - it's just a pity that Iain's own tweets are always missing from things like this.

As for Paul Scoins, their on-air relationship before and after the incident in question, and indeed after Iain's time at 3CR - I just had a look and Scoins tweeted several times last week about Iain joining Jack FM - makes me convinced Scoins was in on the gag. But it's cool, I've no desire to change anyone's mind, only put my own perspective across 🙂

Pat, I'm afraid you lose me at Hartley-Brewer. I think she's terrible. But it's a world of many opinions!

Gingerbread King, you've raised many areas of thought provoking analysis.

I assume when you "disagree entirely", you're not disagreeing with my agreement with you that you accurately summarised Eyan's statement about not going after Christo? LOLs.

James O'Brien's party trick of Retweeting someone is the dog whistle to his mob to start a massive sustained nasty pile-on. This is universally recognised as fact and I'm surprised anyone would disagree.

I agree Eyan knew his vulnerables would be unhappy and take it out on Christo. Even I knew that would happen. But, I say again "is this the behaviour of normal harmless people?"

No way Eyan didn't love it, know full well what his vulnerables would do and gave tacit approval. Then in a bid to appear he was fundamentally against it had to make his statements to leave Christo alone. It's his modus operandi.

I'm not keen on using a selective Tweet from a campaign as evidence as it doesn't reflect the entirety of the situation and Tweets could have been deleted. It's one thing to quote a one off Tweet from Eyan or Kaffbo (like Eyan's one flogging a SteamDeck for example), but it's another thing when there are many tweets from many people. Would need to list each and everyone in context and in they're own respective threads. Twitter is a mess when it comes to following every Tweet in a pile-on at the best of times.

I don't dispute some were polite and I don't dispute Kaffbo told someone off and they still carried on. That kind of proves my point. What normal harmless person wouldn't listen to Kaffbo's request to stop? Vulnerables get triggered and then go out of control.

But Eyan knows this and uses this fact. That's what makes it a dog whistle.

The Black and Asian thing is also this: https://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/08/bbc-apologises-for-awkward-iain-lee-stunt/

"It was an awkward on-air moment for Iain Lee on Friday when his producer decided he’d had enough and walked-out on the show. But Iain took the gag too far by telling him to go and do the Black and Asian Show, for which he and the BBC have both apologised for.

Paul left the studio to sounds of Iain making chicken noises telling him to go and do the Black and Asian Show.

Paul later tweeted: “Sadly, I’ve reached a point where I can no longer work with Iain Lee. His constant belittling of me, and my voice specifically, really hurts.”

This paints a very different picture to The Guardian piece which is lacking.

Admittedly, I never heard the exchange as I've never listened to Eyan on BBC 3CR so it could all be a pre-scripted act or "zoo" format. I'm sure there were jolly japes between Eyan and the team.

Workplace bullying. Yes. That's what Eyan is all about. When I get a chance I will post something else about this particular point which hasn't been mentioned before to the best of my knowledge.

But as it's Eyan, that makes workplace bullying fine as it's all "theatre" anyway?

Classic behaviour from a bully. IRL, I've witnessed bullying in the workplace and the perpetrator always says, "I was only joking". Which is the same as Eyan saying "it's all theatre", when in actual fact it isn't.

Let's see Eyan try some bullying "theatre" with an ex-para HGV artic driver for example. LOLs! And not just on those he has some "authority power" over.

Sunny and Shay should have been quicker to shut it down. I totally agree. But, was it really that bad? As I said before, they're probably not the sharpest tools in the box, easy going and it slipped through due to sloppiness and a lack of paying attention. It happens on local BBC radio frequently as they don't have a 7 second delay dump button. All presenters make mistakes.

But Eyan tried to capitalise on it a distasteful way, imo.

How much sooner should Sunny and Shay have cut the call compared to Eyan? Would Eyan have cut the call within a millisecond? Or used his "Super Powers" to know what the caller was going to say even before the caller knew and cut him off before he started speaking? LOLs.

It's not so much about being "less charitable", it's about a pattern and the fact that Eyan has a well deserved industry reputation for being "difficult" (that's a euphemism for being obnoxious and impossible to work with) and a known bully.

When it comes to giving Eyan the "B of the D" (benefit of the doubt) over bullying and being downright nasty sometimes. I know which way my decision lands as he's got so much form.
Never mind an ex para HGV driver Cristo "the Kebab" Foufas, ( they're his words not mine), has been in training and he is a stocky sod.
Him and Long Shanks Lee would be a sight to see.
Much like a bull against a giraffe.

I fully agree about the James O'Brien dog whistling, which I think I noted that Iain does do himself - if I didn't, I certainly meant to. I just don't believe that was ever the case with Cristo.

Granted, a Twitter search doesn't bring up deleted tweets, but I think the link I posted gives a pretty fair overall picture of what happened - it's just a pity that Iain's own tweets are always missing from things like this.

As for Paul Scoins, their on-air relationship before and after the incident in question, and indeed after Iain's time at 3CR - I just had a look and Scoins tweeted several times last week about Iain joining Jack FM - makes me convinced Scoins was in on the gag. But it's cool, I've no desire to change anyone's mind, only put my own perspective across 🙂

Pat, I'm afraid you lose me at Hartley-Brewer. I think she's terrible. But it's a world of many opinions!
I agree with your last sentence. It can be said that there's only one side that tries and succeeds in most cases to prevent free speech.

Iain isn't the only person I've seen criticise Mark Dolan, Jamie East alluded to Dolan's mask stunt as his reason for leaving talkRADIO (only a few months after Iain) and I get the impression that Darryl Morris isn't keen. I think the problem with Dolan is that he comes across a bit phoney, at least with Julia Hartley-Brewer, I reckon what you see is what you get. I never really thought Dolan believed half of what he came out with.

It seems weird that Iain is only criticising Julia, Mark, Dan, Cristo & Tom Swarbrick though. Are the likes of Ferrari, Whale, O'Sullivan & Mike Graham off limits for him?

I've never heard him say anything about Kevin, but Iain slagged off Mike's listeners on air at TR with Julia's (though he and Kath have both intimated Mike doesn't believe the stuff he comes out with and is actually friendly with them), and as has been noted elsewhere here he had a falling-out with James on air - I remember him being properly annoyed/disgusted that James was using the phrase "Greta Funbags". Which, to be fair, did always seem like a weird way to talk about a teenage girl.

if I remember rightly, Sunny and Shay took over his BBC WM show when he got let go from it, so there may be some resentment from that……

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.