Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Seconding all the hello fresh comments. So many ‘normal’ people have struggled to eat and feed their kids throughout this whole pandemic and to see fucking INFLUENCERS (god I just hate that word) accepting food for free which they clearly don’t need. And pampers 🤢 accepting free food and nappies is scum of the earth

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Coops

I love this thread! I absolutely detest this way of advertising by companies. Instagram has become a tacky market place. Greedy, unscrupulous traders peddling their wares. I try to avoid P & G ... actually anything promoted by Mrs.Hinch, M & S pissed me off big time sending out hampers, Dunelm, Shark to name just a few. I won’t touch any swipe ups. I wish companies would gift more deserving people and charities .

Reactions: 17

Unbelievable

Chatty Member
HelloFresh

Just cancelled my subscription with them and sent them a wordy email. I'm disgusted they're working with rvk_loves whose posted a story #ad today about the box she received. She has 2 allotments at her disposal and is constantly posting about her gluts of veg and not knowing what to do with it all... beneath her to donate anything.

Reactions: 16

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Nip + Fab will never get a penny from me ever again.
Bad enough that they gifted Ali from Stealmystyle40 last week, but today Lynsey Queen of Clean has also been gifted.

Two of the biggest beggers there are on Instagram, and both of them are well able to afford pretty anything :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Missprudence79

Anything that is promoted by wealthy people that should show goodwill at a really tough time. Instead it’s greed....
Will name a few
Gousto
Daniel Wellington
Ava May
Joules
Shark ( learnt the hard way buying their crap)
Everything promoted by Housebuild and Justalittlebuild

these people could do so much to promote a brand in a charitable manner. But their greed takes over.

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
What sickens me about influencers is that we're essentially subsidising their freebies- like the hairdressers that give out freebie appointments to influencers and then charge their customers inflated prices.

Justhereforacreep

Iconic, seeing people flog it on numerous pages where they are clearly following a script really puts me off a product because it makes me think it must be pure tat!
It just reminds me of all the shit the GS cast flogging everyday something different - that 6 pack machine etc. pure shite and sadly people buy into it!

no-no

VIP Member
Agree with so many of these. I bought a load of Espa recently and seen some trampy b&m cleaning product addict being gifted loads on insta and was like wtf?!

I’m also actively boycotting any local eateries that “gift” food. I don’t need to see some beggy tramp eating your free burgers, just a good pic of them will do! Same goes for hairdressers etc.

To any sheep marketing assistants who no doubt will stumble upon this thread, gifting insta pros is a sure fire way to piss off your PAYING customers off. Know which side your bread is buttered.

• Heart

Sophie92

Chatty Member
Elemis
Penhaligons after they started working with Lorna Luxe

This might be controversial but I have a real problem with brands giving discounts/special deals to key workers. I appreciate keyworkers worked all the way through the pandemic and most work very hard but so did lots of other people. They’re also the ones that didn’t lose any of their salaries and are least likely to have lost their jobs or be at risk of losing their jobs in the next 6 months when mass redundancies are predicted. At the same time there are so many families struggling because of redundancies or because they’re self-employed or run their own business that hasn’t been allowed to operate. I don’t see any discounts for them being offered.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Well F U again Sweaty Betty, they have gifted gym gear to wearsmymoney. I like Kate but she even admits pre lockdown she never exercised.

Reactions: 14

Elisha97

Chatty Member
I understand PR packages to some people to get the word out but if you’re taking a load off influencers on holiday that can well afford it then you can fuck off. I’m not paying an increased price for a product because you wanted to spoil some idiots that would barely look twice at your product while all the poor little people that made your company and pay your wages have to subsidise it

Rosiepie

VIP Member
Anything that is promoted by wealthy people that should show goodwill at a really tough time. Instead it’s greed....
Will name a few
Gousto
Daniel Wellington
Ava May
Joules
Shark ( learnt the hard way buying their crap)
Everything promoted by Housebuild and Justalittlebuild

these people could do so much to promote a brand in a charitable manner. But their greed takes over.
Absolutely agree!
Brands such as:
Daniel wellington
Readly
Tesco
Milk&more
Charlestedinteriors
The basket company
Joules
Sweaty Betty
The white company
Anything that is promoted by wealthy influencers in general and who also use their kids to sell or promote and increase engagement of their accounts
Justalittlebuild, huntersandheels, Thehousebuild berkshirebuild

• Heart

YorkshireLady

Anyone ever bought from Sarah Ingham?
She sells tatty blankets bought from China, puts her own label on and flogs them to prepubescent kids who adore her noncey husband Chris. Her latest offering is weighted blankets and she’s selling them for £85 😱

• Wow
  • Haha
Luxury bed company.
Wonder if they have ever sold a bed 🤔
We’re getting a new bed and these popped up and omg!They’re so tacky and trashy. No character whatsoever, just boxy. If that makes sense

seconded. Also AvaMay.

I must admit. When I was doing SW I got suckered in by these big accounts and tried Spiceentice , jd seasonings (when beggy Jack Towers was bugging them up and his rancid fajita chicken pasta bake thing) and Sarah’s Kitchen. More Like Beggy Sarah’s Overpriced Generic Gimmicky Chocolate Kitchen. JD seasonings as mentioned were a waste of money and the meals were awful. I actually didn’t mind Spiceentice .

Reactions: 13

no-no

VIP Member
Monthly food/beauty box memberships. Far too many celebs living in their big mansions getting them.
I found myself talking to the hello fresh advert yesterday saying “and why am I going to buy your boxes with my hard-earned money when you give them away to any old slob on Instagram” 🤭 I’d actually be interested in something similar but never a company who gifts so many no marks, just makes me think of the astronomical mark-up if they can give so many away…

Reactions: 13